3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AndRussian 24.05.21 02:51 am

Optimization on PC (Days Gone)

How is it going? Optimization norms?
118 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

I'll reopen the topic. Waiting for a patch. The last one was 1.06. Yes, it's really frizzy.
i7 3770, R9 290 4 Gb, 16 Gb Ram. SSD game.
On the main screen, the CPU usage is 95-100%.
Above they wrote that you need to change the settings of the .exe itself. Right. Lags hard in camps.
What else to do?
1. You need to wait 30 seconds on the main screen or before "click to continue".
2. Or, boot up. CPU 95-100%. Waiting for textures to load. Then everything is very simple - Escape, i.e. pause for 5 seconds and the processor load stabilizes. 40-60%.
Flying high and high.
I did not remove chromatic aberration. The speed effect is off. Synchronization is disabled.

P / S Until you press escape, the processor threshes at 100%, then everything is fine. In full hd it takes 3.8 GB of video card memory. RAM takes up to 9.6, the game did not use swap. Driver Nimez Adrenalin 22.2.1, average FPS including CPU drawdowns - 52 frames.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Sandrosan
This is a process-addicted game! And your protsik is a bit old, and the video has only 4GB of video. On modern systems, there are no problems at all with this game on the latest update. One of the best optimization games. Back in the spring I went through the game for the second time. Absolutely zero problems. At the same time, the game is on an old hdd and the swap file is disabled. And how do you do then in tougher games that hit the target, for example, Assassin Origins, Dogs, Detroit, Marvels, Ascent, Horizon?

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

The game lives its own life) I don’t know how to put it under the spoiler ... I launched it 4 times today. She did not use paging and took 3.8 GB from the video card. I have an external camera connected, maybe increased load on the paging file and card memory because of this. But, turned off, as the photo was taken. The PC did not restart.
Horizon - 45, RDR 2 - 40-50 floats. Origins, almost everything is on high or ultra, except for the shadows - 45 frames, but in Alexandria it drops to 28. Everything is high or very high.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Proof. Top right. Here is an old processor for you, I7 3770.
Who has not played, play. The game is very cool, the plot is 200%) The staging, there are questions. 100% optimization. Only here this problem with loading of the processor. Solved.

One more thing, I left the paging file fixed on the HDD with a size of 2 GB. It seems that some textures fall there.

s
shahVkit 01.07.22

MOSHIVURII chibis wrote:
And your protsik is a bit old, and the vidyashki has only 4GB of video.
It's like someone ...
Process i7 2600k, video card palit 1650 super gaming pro oc 4 Gb, RAM 16 Gb, Win 7 64, game on SSD.
The game launches and runs at high settings very smoothly. No brakes or other problems were observed on any of the patches.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

If 3770 is 40-60%, then 2600 is not far away.
Smoothly, I specifically do not turn on the FPS sensor. And then you stare only there, and not at the game.
And hordes of freaks don't squander anything.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

shahVkit wrote:
The game starts and runs very smoothly on high settings.
On the latest update? The guys had troubles at the release of the game, when you ride a motorcycle through the tunnels, especially with the generation of old prots. Can you test with Msi Afterburner stats and video frame times?

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Gentlemen, I explained the problem with the processor load. If anyone can help, fine. This is the fault of the processor, or, the game.
Don't bother if it's 50 fps high, it's ok...

01001000 01101001 01.07.22

Sandrosan
This miracle key allows you to take screenshots:
Spoiler
And this miracle button allows you to hide them here on the site:
Spoiler
So that those who come in do not have to worry about downloading them. and yet, no matter how you spin, you can see badly, blurry. And it seems the FPS is not enough. More ...
Spoiler
Sandrosan wrote:
One more thing, I left the paging file fixed on the HDD with a size of 2 GB.
The paging file is thrown onto a fast SSD (system) and no restrictions are AT ALL needed. I don't do that kind of shit myself anymore. Leave it at the system's choice and on the main drive, not the slow HDD.
Sandrosan wrote:
She did not use swap
The paging file is an extension of the main physical memory, I didn’t use it, because 16 gigs were enough, apparently.
Sandrosan wrote:
It looks like some textures fall there.
Textures, this is a question for the video card, then a question for the RAM, and then for the swap file.
Sandrosan wrote:
Gentlemen, I explained the problem with the processor load. If anyone can help, fine. This is the fault of the processor, or, the game.
Don't bother if it's 50 frames high, it's normal...
What did I explain, I'm reading and I don't understand what exactly? 4 cores are not enough these days. But yes, the day race is less voracious, however, I would like to see the load with the horde, something suddenly became curious.

While loading locations and of course at high FPS, there is a problem with CPU load:

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

I write very rarely in the forums. Either I solve the problem myself or I'm looking for an answer. Some games don't work properly without a swap file. So I made it small. Yes, I think some data was unloaded from the RAM. Maybe from my video camera processes (I don't know). In the game, before the manipulations that I carried out, it lagged, constantly, it was impossible after loading, the CPU was 100%. Restarting the game 2-3 times helped solve the problem. Then I thought, I'll turn on monitoring. And I started looking for the reason. Not found. I just found out a way to solve the problem with loading at 100%. described above. Works. I checked again.

At 16 - swapping is unnecessary. If you don't play Anno 1800))) But let it be.

P / S I will not spoil, but I want to get to where 400+) Ordinary ones are nonsense.
Miraculous button, pressed - nothing

B
BDmitriy 01.07.22

Sandrosan
After pressing the miracle button, you need to open Paint and press Ctrl + V. True, there is a chance to take a black screen instead of the game. Solved by windowed mode

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Try. The processor stabilizes from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then it goes to 40-60%. The video card, on the contrary, is loaded completely.

P/S How to upload video?

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

BDmitriy
At institute taught. Then it wasn't needed. A lot of time has passed.

s
shahVkit 01.07.22

MOSHIVURII chibis wrote:
Can you do a test with Msi Afterburner statistics and frame times in the form of a video?
No. The game was deleted back in the winter, and there is no desire to install it again for the sake of one test.
I can only give you a hint on my settings - I always lower the video quality settings, even if the video card pulls on high. I don't like situations when the video card works at 95-100%, so I cut the shadows to medium, anti-aliasing or the simplest, or turn it off altogether, and sometimes the visibility range if the load is very high.
In this game, I simplified anti-aliasing and seemingly shadows, the rest on high. Played intermittently on different patches. The FPS, of course, changed depending on the game situation, but there were no sharp drawdowns, let alone brakes.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

shahVkit wrote:
I always lower the video quality settings, even if the video card pulls on high. I don't like situations when the video card works at 95-100%, so I cut the shadows to medium, anti-aliasing or the simplest, or turn it off altogether, and sometimes the visibility range if the load is very high.
I do something similar))) But only with resolution) High fps is important, graphics to the maximum, and the resolution is 2560x1440 or 2880x1620.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

In Afterburner, set your fan curve. And, everything. I have 290 - 95 and throttling. I set up the turntables - 80-81 degrees at 100% load. And let him smile as much as he likes.
1920*1080

X
X_ray_83 01.07.22

Sandrosan The
game must be installed on an SSD because Unreal Engine 4 is constantly loading data from the drive! Because HDD is a brake here.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

Sandrosan
My game ate a little more than 5GB of video memory. And it's not surprising that it freezes for you

01001000 01101001 01.07.22

X_ray_83
X_ray_83 wrote: The
game should be put on SSD because Unreal Engine 4
Sandrosan wrote:
Game on SSD.
Already on SSD.
X_ray_83 wrote:
constantly loads data from the drive!
Like any other game, it loads data while moving. This is fine.
X_ray_83 wrote:
Because the HDD is a brake here.
He has a swap file there, maybe he already was. This is bad. Like the SSD in his case, he gives the data instantly, causing the processor to choke, not having time to sort through them.
Spoiler

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
My game gobbled up a little over 5GB of video memory. And it's not surprising that it freezes for you
Freezes here, because the percent is overloaded.
Sandrosan wrote:
She did not use swap and took 3.8 GB from the video card.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

01001000 01101001
Let them tell you fairy tales: