3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AndRussian 24.05.21 02:51 am

Optimization on PC (Days Gone)

How is it going? Optimization norms?
118 Comments
Sort by:
01001000 01101001 01.07.22

Denis Kyokushin
1) He no longer complains about friezes, so he decided.
2) I had the same friezes, but because of the HDD.
You want a fairy tale, please wait:
Spoiler
I write right away, everything is on the SSD. And the Frisians have a wide nature. And it is necessary not to look for confirmation on the Internet, but to ask the author, the main thing is that he has it. The rest is empty arguments.
Sandrosan wrote:
100% optimization. Only here this problem with loading of the processor. Solved.
Sandrosan wrote:
Flies high and high.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

01001000 01101001
Yes, I have already seen this video. In 2 minutes 35 seconds, MEM runs from 3.9GB to 4.8GB.

Denis Kyokushin
Well, it's still not critical. I have more graphics. There, a pass for a couple of gigs is considered critical, as far as I remember. In any case, I think it needs to be sorted out individually. It will return if the solution is wrong.
In general, it’s stupid to compare cards like that, because my memory is faster than his, and of course, than yours. This is an argument. But the indicators from the disk are an argument in my direction. And this is an example of the cause of friezes.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Or didn't you read it?
Friezes are removed as I wrote. SSD game. Without waiting and Escape - it still loads 100% percent. I waited, 40-60% of the load, and that's it. No brakes and friezes. I do not know why it is so. 3.8 GB of video memory takes, I threw a photo of the settings.

I'm not the author of the topic. I just solved the problem this way. The game really overloads at the beginning. Then simply, once, and threshes in half. What's this?

Maybe someone will help the method.

Sandrosan
Who are you writing this to? I saw your messages and I understand.
Sandrosan wrote:
The game really overloads at the beginning. Then simply, once, and threshes in half. What's this?
This is called loading data and environments. Of course, the most important thing is the loading screen. Everything else is in the direction of travel and when requesting a video card. Since you mentioned 1800 Anno, there really is this problem at the start - when it loaded, and on the HDD (I'll tell myself) I literally had land, trees, buildings, animals appearing before my eyes. This is a terrible sight. This is called task priority. It seems you have seen this:
Sandrosan wrote:
Or, boot. CPU 95-100%. Waiting for textures to load.
This is the moment when the priority is set and the overloaded percent will finally get to the textures. A hole in the ground or somewhere else will look much worse, and textures will come with time.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

Sandrosan So I found a test on Ryzen
7 3800X + R9 290X: Game

on SSD, and also friezes. You simply do not have enough video memory on HDD:

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Even when it exceeds 4 GB of video memory, there are no friezes.
I'm talking about CPU load. I repeat, I7 3770
After the middle of the video, everything becomes clear.
I don't do reviews.
I was looking for a solution to the problem in the game. Many deleted it without playing. And she does a very good job. Look at the processor load.
The video was filmed on the phone, the quality is lousy, but it allows you to see what is happening.
FPS Monitor Utility

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

Sandrosan
Send me this save if you can. You have jerks during camera rotation when the percent is not overloaded. And there is no frame time graph at this moment. I had the same jerks when I turned on HD textures in Far Cry New Dawn on 7950 3GB MEM. And for HD textures 4GB was necessary

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

After reboot and the manipulations done by me.
Frame time jumps up to 22 ms.
Swap - 0

P
Palych Rokov 01.07.22

Sandrosan
Denis Kyokushin
What are you arguing about? The game has normal optimization, but your cards are just shitty, so it’s hard for you to achieve an acceptable number of frames per second, buy at least a used 2080s / 2080ti and you’ll have enough for 1080p. I had 2080s and it pulled the game in 4k without problems with 90% scaling, and in 1080p there would be over 120 frames in general

Palych Rokov
Brother, here nobody talks about FPS at all. And if they could, they would have bought it a long time ago. They are here for the friezes and jerks understand. And yes, optimization. there is another 3770 that needs to be changed.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Nobody argues. A lot of people just didn't play. She lied terribly to them. Removed. Although, they could normally play a good game. Something like this.
52 frames on 2012 hardware. Do you think it's bad? The processor is loaded up to 60% - what is it? Processor g...?
Friezes at the beginning of the load and after loading the save. If you do not wait 1 minute and do not press escape, it will lag. I've played 2 hours now. 50 on average, 40% CPU usage.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

Palych Rokov
It works great for me. At least it worked at the beginning of the game. Now, if my friend saves me from the same place, then the test will be more detailed.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

The point is that a person on his PC could. Not everyone has 2080 and 10th generation.
I played Valhalla - 35 frames. The processor is not loaded at 100. Video card 290 yes, puffed. But there are so many bugs (deer ran into the sea, NPCs came out like uncle Chernomor) - deleted. Cyberpunk - 50 frames at high, not enough, dips up to 30.
Maybe offtopic wrote, but in Days Gon - everything is super. That's what happened to the processors.

Yes, the video card is old, but everything can. And the percentage is old, but ... Why is it not loaded by 100 in active scenes? There was 5 3330, so that one is always and everywhere in 100%. You will tell the reason in a multithreading - it is disputable.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Who hasn't played. Install and try. The method above.)
I think it will go to 1050 at high.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.07.22

Sandrosan Loaded
your saves, optimization is fire👍:

01001000 01101001
Just tested, yes, it works better on SSD. Your card has a higher MEM frequency, but the MEM consumption is not far from mine, which, in fact, is strange🤷‍♂️

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

Yesterday, for fun, I also decided to check. There is no difference between what is on ssd and what is on hdd is the same. Here, a long time ago I made a video on the oldest hdd:
There is a big difference between hdd and ssd only in Warhammers total wars. There is no need to wait three minutes for the map to load if the game is on ssd.

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Denis Kyokushin
Yes, fire optimization. At 5 3600 only 30-50%. But, in the beginning, she eats 100%. Then everything is ok.
If Esc is not pressed after waiting. I have so. I spat for a long time, looking for a problem. It turned out to be simple.
I repeated myself.

For example, a person installed a game, but it lags, 10 FPS at the start. He won't even watch the cutscene. And destroy the game. That's the reason.

l
lapwing mouse 01.07.22

01001000 01101001

Spoiler

S
Sandrosan 01.07.22

Do not quarrel. There really is a problem.

Turn on Flatron 1717s and set everything to Ultra)