3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PetrShishkin 01.06.21 08:38 pm

How to launch a game using DirectX 11 (Necromunda: Hired Gun)

If you run the game on a computer with a video card without DX12 support, you will see an error. Like, start the game without the -d3d12 parameters. But there are no parameters.
In fact, the problem is simple to solve. You just need to add the line in the startup parameters: -d3d11. And that's it!
PS actually the DX12 setting is in the game. But how do you remove it without starting the game?
33 Comments
Sort by:
P
Palych Rocks 05.08.21

Space Marine wrote:
Close, save. Microfreezes have disappeared (except for those when parts of the location are loaded and the game is cached).
It helps, only the loading of pieces of locations is quite frequent, in general, the optimization of the game is one of the worst on UE4

P
Palych Rocks 05.08.21

And yet the friezes remained, they freak out wildly and spoil the gameplay very much, what should I do?

T
Tyckas123 05.08.21

Well, I think the optimization will be tweaked here faster than in Cyberpunk.

S
Space Ðœarine 05.08.21

Palych Rokov
What kind of config do you have?
My game flies without friezes with the above described actions. Config in the profile.
Spoiler

Turned on FSR to compensate for the FPS drawdown due to recording at 1080p 60 fps with a bitrate of 60 Mbps, although YouTube still bounced off the quality.

You write about bad optimization. But after all, the game has awesome detailing in locations where you don't look, everywhere there are hundreds and thousands of small objects of the environment. Almost no object you take, it has a lot of small details and a high level of elaboration. And given the size of the locations in the game, I generally understand why the game does not have the lowest requirements.

P
Palych Rocks 20.08.21

Tyckas123 wrote:
Well, I think the optimization will be tweaked here faster than in Cyberpunk.
They haven't tweaked or tweaked anything, only one thing helps the game - installation on ssd, this is the first game to which installation on ssd gives something to

Space Marine wrote:
What kind of config do you have?
i7-5960x @ 4375/4250 + rtx 2080s + 64 ram, I play 4k with FSR for super quality, the game is only helped by installing on ssd

Space Marine wrote:
You write about poor optimization. But after all, the game has awesome detailing in locations where you don't look, everywhere there are hundreds and thousands of small objects of the environment. Almost no object you take, it has a lot of small details and a high level of elaboration. And given the size of the locations in the game, I generally understand why the game does not have the lowest requirements.
There is no optimization here at all from the word at all, this is the worst thing that I have seen on UE4, while the environment is almost all static, the textures are, yes, more or less clear, but the level design is miserable to horror, in the trailers it looked like a doom killer, in fact, sheer game and fierce UG

P
Palych Rocks 20.08.21

And yet, when leaving the game, check that this infection does not remain in the processes, it really hangs there and because of it, then any game launched after wildly lags, I could not understand why I had drawdowns of up to 20 fps in Marvel Avengers, I look, and I have this necromancer in the processes, killed manually and FPS in Marvels from 20 to 85 grew immediately

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

dimenoz
This is the same, but slower.

Palych Rokov
It's not about the optimization of the game, but the fact that you put on your iron a load that it no longer pulls. Your vidyuha sucks in performance even from 3070.
Beard once showed that for a normal 4k 60+ fps modern gaming you need a card from 3080 and above.
If you are still expecting 100+ fps from your 2080super, then bad news for you.
Perhaps in simpler or older games you will get a lot of fps in 4k with dlss / fsr enabled. But not in a game with as much detail as Necromunda. Here, at the same level, various small and not so objects and, accordingly, draw calls are much more than in all your mind. And the objects themselves are much more detailed. And in general, Doom was made by dudes on their own engine, which they know far and wide, so the optimization there is close to ideal. And the Doom development team was ~ 10 times larger than the Necromunda development team.
And by the way, have you tried to play on DX12?, Otherwise you have one and a half cores working on the 11th, the rest are idle. At what time, according to your video above, even on the first, lightest location, this poor one working core is hammered under a hundredth: D

In terms of level design, this is what has received the most praise in Necromunda. And he is really cool and canon here, this was recognized even by those publications that, in general, criticized the game more than praised it. Therefore, I caught the op from this claim: D

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Loken
Hello. Everything in the video, so as not to write for a long time.

L
Loken 05.05.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Choose the mode "In the window" -> it becomes possible to change the resolution -> change it -> return the mode in which you play.
I have a Steam face and the resolution can also be changed only after you switch to the "Windowed" mode. In all other modes, the resolution change button is gray and is not pressed.

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Loken
Now I'll try.

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Loken
Yes!!! It turned out!!!) Thank you! It's strange, because I used to do the same thing and nothing changed) Some kind of mysticism. And now in the morning I did as you said and everything became human. Now all permissions are registered in the game settings!)

C
Cracker47744 20.08.22

PetrShishkin
Nothing has changed for me please help me find a way on the Internet I can’t

a
anton18674u 09.10.22

I also can’t seem to do everything like this, but I can’t add it to Steam, because when I start installing a pirate, dx12 instantly crashes and that’s it