3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DGQ 28.07.21 11:23 pm

Disappointment//:

.... I propose to bring a separate topic, where people will write their disappointment from the expected games ....
it is desirable to describe what caused it. that didn’t like it. why upset.
well, we will try without holivars. let's

go .....

[b] Duke Nuken Forever [/ b]

- no gameplay
- boring southwest
- GG's jokes are not amusing
- the design had to be on the verge of a foul ... but in the end it became this very foul,
waited too long. the very expectation of the game brought even more pleasure.
121 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oops 28.07.21

NFS The Run
- not "live" driving
- corridor races
- grafon yy
- plot dummy

BlackBox for 3 years did not do anything intelligible. Close nafig studio. The reformed version cannot do anything good at all.

BF3 upset too. - Balance BF2, which worked perfectly, was killed for the sake of the audience of another game. - Graphene was promoted more .. in fact, the console version + a couple of new technologies - Maps are also incomprehensible, but beautiful Changed December 21, 2011 by KresTias

o
opposer 28.07.21

Gears of War 3. There is no answer to any plot question, two-line plot, boring gameplay model, cheating revivals.

Super Mario 3D Land. 3d is used in the gameplay in a limited number of rooms, the duration of the game is 3 hours.

F
Formalin 28.07.21

Alice: Madness Returns
I have not seen such a monotonous game process for a long time. After four hours devoid of happiness, I dropped the game, which I rarely do, even with weak projects. There is nothing fresh or even catchy in the game process, there is no challenge, there are no bosses, beautiful levels at first and then they were replaced by dull factories and caves with places of frankly poor textures and copy-paste of everything and everything. Cool delirium from the first part was replaced by stupid delirium without any -or motivation in general. "Hide and Seek" with some fucking squid - the only hint of at least some variety was killed by a dull implementation. Played together with a fan friend of the first part. Both were nauseous from the game by the end of the second chapter. Failure of the year, not otherwise (Duke failure of a generation).

S
Shibito 28.07.21

In this generation, so many disappointments fell on my head that I don't know where to start, even : icon_neutral:

In 2011, of course, Rage (although I won't say that I waited so much)

- Id made a shooter for 5 years, which in theory was supposed to be a breakthrough, but in the end we got soulless corridors, gameplay trying to be doom, fallout 3, borderlands and twisted metal all rolled into one, but in fact it is nothing, and the vaunted engine was not familiar with the concept of "physics".
- I wanted to keep silent about the plot, Id's games were never famous for it, but here it is perceived simply as a stupid slap in the face. Cliché on cliché, and in the most wretched form. Modified December 21, 2011 by Shibito

A
ACE 28.07.21

I was really only disappointed this year with Rage. support [b] [member = Shibito] [/ b]

d
dburt 28.07.21

BF3 - with its scripts, lack of drama and scale
GEOW 3 - the third time the same thing is already overkill, besides, it seemed to me or in the third part the game lost what I loved the series for - dynamic interesting shootouts. Well, wardrobe-like men in 2011 do not look ok

S
SmileDeath 28.07.21

Dragon Age II disappointed me the most. There was so much pathos in the words of the developers that everything will be many times better, more epic. That the second part will be very strongly related to the first, that your actions in the first part [u] globally [/ u] will affect the plot and events in the second part. But in reality there was neither an epic nor a spectacle. I went to the end, believing that at the end of the game everything would be like in the first part. But it turned out not to be so. Modified December 21, 2011 by CRYSIS1710

I
Illusive man 28.07.21

PS3 versions of Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim are not optimized, buggy and crooked. Shame on BioWare and Bethesda.

R
Roman 28.07.21

GeoW3. shame on the boy cliffy and his team, now there is no trust in epic geis, so merge the masterpiece second and make such misery as geov3 ..

r
razgulnov 28.07.21

And I was disappointed with ancharted 3 and Motrostorm3, although the games are still great. I also waited for limbo this year, but after downloading it to ps3 I was disappointed. Sadly somehow.

K
KahN88 28.07.21

My main disappointment in the coming years is Mafia 2. I love the first part very much, I went through 8 times completely and many more times separate missions. Mafia 2 in terms of plot, mission statements are MUCH weaker than the first. After the first pass, there was a shock. After a couple of months, having passed the second time, already knowing what awaited me, I began to enjoy the in-game atmosphere, which remained at the same high level. The only thing that pulls the game.

R
Roman 28.07.21

oh yes, and anch3, I didn't even master it to the end, how could everything be fucked up ... the same shitty triquel as geov3

D
DGQ 28.07.21

I would also like to write about the disappointments of the generation:

[b] Devil May Cry 4 [/ b] the
game was ruined by Nero. I don’t know who had the idea to introduce an almost identical character a la young Dante, but this guy caused a deep feeling of disgust, and then disappointment. after him playing for Dante was no longer as fun as it could have been,

[b] Silent Hill Homecoming [/ b]
is a separate topic altogether. I also have no idea what drew Konami [b] SO [/ b] to mock the series?

[b] Alone in the Dark [/ b] the
game could have become revolutionary that year, if not for the most crooked gameplay that I have ever seen.
the plot, by the way, intrigued almost the entire game. but in the end it was shamefully drained.

--------------------------------
Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3.
in a good way - both games are great. but as the final parts of the trilogies - nothing. this was the main disappointment of this year.

A
ACE 28.07.21

I do not know what you saw disappointing about kettlebells3 and unche3s. snickering chtoli?: icon_confused:

S
Shibito 28.07.21

[b] [member = ACE] [/ b], they are just worse than their predecessors.

M
ModernRising 28.07.21

Well, here are the disappointments for this year:
[b] Bulletstorm [/ b]

- The idea was, the plot was, the characters were (General is generally a brainwash), there were beautiful scenery too, the question is what is missing from the game to become a cult like Painkiller? The answer is gameplay. It is very slow and monotonous and, most importantly, it is very console !!! Score 7.5 out of 10

[b] Crysis 2 [/ b]

- Here Crytek promised a lot, and gorgeous graphics, and an unpredictable plot, and variety in each mission, and the wisest and smartest AI in history, and what did we get? We got decent graphics (which merges Killzone 3 and BF3), pretty average gameplay (cut everything we could) and a pretty predictable storyline. Eh Crytek .... (My rating is 8.5 out of 10)

[b] Alice Madness Returns [/ b]

- In addition to the chic design, there is really nothing more in the game. (Score 6 out of 10)

[b] Serious Sam 3 [/ b]

Something did not insert at all .... some boring shooting range in small locations. (Score 7 out of 10)

PS I propose to create a theme "Surprise of the Year" type of game that turned out to be cool, and we expected UG from them.

V
Valtron 28.07.21

this year, only the raidge and the nfs ran disappointed, as he pinned great hopes on them.
but I played a little this year, only what I really wanted, so in principle the list of disappointments could have been larger.

P
PortalX3 28.07.21

[b] [u] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [/ u] [/ b]
The game did not live up to expectations in everything:
* no combat system, enemies do not react in any way to the damage they inflict
* terribly ruined inventory, compared to Oblivion
* terrible plot delivery. Yes, the game is no longer paused during dialogues, but these dialogues are just mega-wretched. After Mass Effect and The Witcher, it should be so embarrassing to do
* boring missions
* wildly inconvenient pumping system.
* promised a new engine, and in return we got a modified old, and even poorly optimized Gamebryo
* well, the animation curve has not gone anywhere. in 2011 you cannot do this
[img] http://i30.fastpic.ru/big/2011/1221/af/ea6a11e72a88aa3c149a85ecf7f81aaf.jpg [/ img]
I forgot to write that in the first weeks of the game I had to change the sound frequency in the sound card settings.
Now it seems to have been fixed with a patch, but then it was very annoying Modified on December 21, 2011 by PortalX3

r
razgulnov 28.07.21

[b] [member = Valtron] [/ b], not well, I will somehow understand the rage, but the NSF was immediately clear

R
Rodan krush 28.07.21

And I was disappointed this year only by one game - The Sims 3 version for Nintendo 3DS
- very few items
- a bunch of possible actions cut out
- no aging
- no children either
- not even a scale of needs! : icon_evil:
- shameful shameful AI
In short, it's not Sims, but a remnant for 2000r. After the PC version, it is impossible to play at all.