3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Di 28.07.21 11:25 pm

Bioshock Infinite - Plot Discussion

It is called - I decided to "run" through the infinite, byrenka, to the shock end - to understand what kind of animal this is, which is now fashionable to discuss so fiercely.

As a result, no matter how hard I tried, I deleted 10 hours from my life for the sake of bioshock (pride, her mother, did not allow to put the gameplay on easy). Do I regret the time spent - a separate question, the topic is not about that, I can say one thing for sure - for me personally it is now very clear: fanboy (or journalistic - one hell of a thing) about the gameplay (dull, monotonous, protracted, bright, dynamic, wretched- shooter - whatever) - this is such crap, in comparison with what the Author wanted to share through his infinite - and, of course, we are not talking about the amazing Columbia (Colombia), not about Elizabeth and not about the ability of irrational games to design worlds inside the monitor ... And what, exactly? - tell me. After all, it is sincerely (!) Interesting.

In the meantime, a brief chronology of events through my eyes (through the eyes of a wild man, who does not really perceive foreign languages ​​by ear, since the subtitles helped out in moments). Therefore, I could not fully digest all that Anglo-gurgling mess of audio diaries - there was no accompanying subtitles at all. So, in hot pursuit:

The main character Booker (Devitt) had a child whom, roughly speaking, he screwed up the cards. And, apparently, in a state of severe hangover, he dutifully entrusted it to his creditors. The main one is a difficult man and, judging by the final scenes, this is DeWitt himself - only a little older. We all, together with Levin, know very well (now) that space-time is organized much more crookedly-obliquely than we think, and an innumerable set of alternatives corresponds to the reality familiar to man.

Booker's child - a girl who was not offended by nature, not deprived of talents, out of malice put all this Levin's alternative in the position she needed and reshaped reality in her own way. Apparently, this was what interested the guest from the alternative future, Booker "Elder" aka Comstock, who was deprived of his children, but obsessed with the idea of ​​a fix to transfer the reins of government to his own utopian state to the same religiously moved schizophrenic, like himself - flesh of flesh, as they say.

Meanwhile, Booker DeWitt, who had committed the most heinous act in his life, still got bored with the squirrel, began to hear voices, forget one thing and glue together fragments of other memories in a strange way - as a result, with the assistance of a couple of space-time stalkers, he goes to the heavenly city of Columbia (Colombia) - to rescue, allegedly in payment of that very debt, the maiden Elizabeth, who was captured in the tower by Comstock itself. Catch up on who this Elizabeth is, why she does not have a finger and why he actually went to Columbia, he cannot, or rather, refuses, almost until the very end credits.

Chronology can be called with a certain degree of conventionality, because - which is repeatedly and unequivocally hinted at by a couple of stalkers-humorists constantly flashing in the frame - there is no future, past and present, what will be - it already was and it is. Therefore, it is not possible to know for certain where the beginning is here and - even - what and how actually happened. And, remarkably, it doesn't matter at all. According to my first - fresh - sensation, Levin's multidimensional message is broadly as follows: each person, at various levels (be it metaphysical, cosmogonic, or everyday-applied), constructs his own realities, and ultimately only what he sees happens ( or feels). Created in a well-known image and likeness, a man got his hands on a full set of development tools. Does not matter,

It doesn't matter if DeWitt's journey to Columbia itself or (oh Lord, forgive the wildest script cliché) was just in his head. The important thing is that he gave up the child for debts, and then sought redemption for a sin, which (atonement) - according to the internal Booker redeemer Comstock - in principle cannot exist. And DeWitt is doomed to stalk the darkest corners of his own consciousness, to construct more and more new realities in search of deliverance. In this context, Comstock really suits the role of a shepherd, or rather, a kind of voice of conscience.

The thing is that Levin's work is so multidimensional - that many interpretations and points of view risk merging into white noise, in which everyone who can perceive the brightest author's presentation will find and convincingly justify their own cockroaches. By the way, this is also great, to build a huge mirror of the correct curvature is a very difficult and interesting task.

Therefore, I repeat, it is curious to read other people's impressions - after all, the infinite has something to talk about))

Modified April 6, 2013 by Di
124 Comments
Sort by:
N
Niakron 28.07.21

[member = 'Scarface'], no, having received all the power, she drowned Booker and destroyed them.

U
UnreaL 28.07.21

you guys have such questions ... especially chtoli want to dig into the plot

S
Scarface 28.07.21

how was Booker able to get to Elizabeth and give her a note to stop the nightingale, if old Elizabeth said that the Nightingale always prevented Booker from getting to her ?????

^^ explain this

you guys have such questions ... especially chtoli want to dig into the plot

no, it's just that some things aren't really clear.

N
Niakron 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Scarface' timestamp = '1366022371' post = '3223448'] no, it's just that some things aren't really clear. [/ quote]

Well, this, apparently, is the idea, fog get interested. 

X
Xopek 28.07.21

how was Booker able to get to Elizabeth and give her a note to stop the nightingale, if old Elizabeth said that the Nightingale always prevented Booker from getting to her ?????

^^ explain this

Booker could not escape Columbia with Elizabeth because of Songbird.

S
Scarface 28.07.21

By the way, I did not catch the moment when young Elizabeth managed to transfer Booker to the universe of old Elizabeth.

^^ explain this

Booker could not escape Columbia with Elizabeth because of Songbird.

No, old Elizabeth clearly said that she never waited for Booker (after being kidnapped by Sogberd), i.e. he just couldn't save her from Comstock. In all universes. For this she gave him a note. After which, she transports him to the universe in which he, SUDDENLY, was able to get to Elizabeth.

Modified on April 15, 2013 by Scarface

L
Lex mercer 28.07.21

Anna was born to Booker (Comstock could not have children) after refusing to be baptized.

Then the last scene does not fit. The point of drowning Booker unbaptized? 

All the same, it seems to me that the worlds were different from the beginning. Initially, there were several Bookers, as well as various Lutes. And it was one of them that had a daughter. But again, it doesn't match over the years.

One of the schemes:

Cheme_big.png

I am confused by the very date of Elizabeth's appearance and by which Booker, and all this against the background of the ending and the fact that, as a result, we end the game in a completely different world. She transported us several times, to different worlds. We're killing another Comstock, etc. etc.

Modified on Apr 15, 2013 by Lex Mercer

S
Scarface 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Lex Mercer' timestamp = '1366023307' post = '3223475'] What is the point of drowning Booker not baptized? [/ quote] 

This is my very first question, and I am trying to figure it out with it.

N
Niakron 28.07.21

Comstock could not have children due to experiments with portals, after which he became sterile. And they strangle them before baptism, well, in order to strangle the problem in the bud, they say, before the fork.

S
Scarface 28.07.21

[member = 'Niakron'], which returns to the fact that if you kill all the DeWits, then Anna was not born in any universe at all, which actually happens when they drown DeWitt (Anna, (that it is Anna that can be understood because that they have no pendants) disappear). How is it better than to endure the torture of Comstock ???

It would be more logical to assume that only Bookers who were baptized and became Comstock are killed, but xs even.

b
burger_shot 28.07.21

[member = 'Scarface'], which brings us back to the fact that only the booker, who became a comstock, was killed. I'm sure that if Anna-Elizabeth disappeared AT ALL, she would at least mention it.
Too dramatic for the developers not to mention / show it. Modified on April 15, 2013 by burger_shot

N
Niakron 28.07.21

[member = 'Scarface'], ask her, or Levin. Moreover, a video comes up on the stage after the credits

L
Lex mercer 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Scarface' timestamp = '1366024120' post = '3223494'] Which brings you back to the fact that if you kill all the DeWits, then Anna was not born in any universe at all. [/ quote]

Only judging by the ending, she was born.

[quote name = 'burger_shot' timestamp = '1366024272' post = '3223498'] I'm sure if Anna-Elizabeth disappeared AT ALL, she would at least mention it. [/ quote] 

So in the end they all disappear. 

b
burger_shot 28.07.21

[b] [member = 'Lex Mercer'] [/ b], Anna is still alive. This is, in principle, a happy end

S
Scarface 28.07.21

Revised the ending.

Shows how all the girls disappear except for the one in the center. When Booker sees her, he realizes that this is not the Elizabeth he knows - she and the other girls do not have a pendant.

If it's Elizabeth, why don't they have a pendant? 

What the hell is going on here opr0JDE1.gif

In favor of the theory that all the DeWits are killed - both the Bookers and the Comstocks - is evidenced by the fact that they are killed BEFORE baptism, i.e. the moment Comstock was born.

On the other hand, if they wanted to kill all the DeWits, why the heck wait for baptism - kill him in infancy and that's it.

In short, I think only those who are baptized are killed, i.e. only eliminate the variable, not the constant. Why are they drowning our DeWitt, who did not accept baptism, and what does the pendant mean I xs.

L
Lex mercer 28.07.21

[member = 'burger_shot'], ACE also correctly noted that at the end there, as if by sound, they make it clear that this Elizabeth also disappeared. Review the video.

[member = 'Scarface'], is this some kind of restart? Like a rebut of Devitov, when Dewit, who is many years old and who has sold Anna long ago, dies, does everything return at a time when Anna was never sold? I xs ... this moment breaks me nafig.

b
burger_shot 28.07.21

[member = 'Lex Mercer'], yes, I understand that they all disappear there, but little Anna at the drunken booker's house is still alive.

In general, there are so many doors in the ending that it is already impossible to understand what is the first universe, what is the second, what are memories in general. So you have to believe what Elizabeth says.
Believe in dls Modified on April 15, 2013 by burger_shot

S
Scarface 28.07.21

And why does DeWitt we play as (judging by the revolutionary posters and reflections in the water at the beginning of the game) look so much younger than Comstock? They are of the same age.

b
burger_shot 28.07.21

[b] [member = 'Scarface'] [/ b], Comstock has aged by experimenting with rips. By the way, in a video I heard a theory that a comstock is a booker from the future. How is it?

V
Vadimeys 28.07.21

[member = 'burger_shot'], 

well, how is Comstock is a booker from the future

just said crookedly, apparently due to the fact that Comstock is old