3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Loki 29.07.21 12:31 am

Why are we playing?

But why does each of us play computer games? Why is he immersed for hours, days and even weeks into the game, into this beautiful world, fully getting used to it?

97 Comments
Sort by:
N
Naked 29.07.21

I play to Live ... not as a person;) It's more interesting there ... In this life, the plot is snotty and snotty people around - many of the games are more alive ...
And my opinion is that if you are drawn into the world of the game, then this is no longer I play, and he is with me!

G
GoldFRAPpP 29.07.21

And I play:
1) because it's interesting! : up:
2) fill my free time: razz:
3) remove aggression: uzi:: maniac:

A
Alex K. Kant 29.07.21

I think I'm just curious. I perceive games as interactive books in which I directly participate. Games are also adrenaline to some extent, pure rage, especially in fighting games.

G
Grinder 29.07.21

[quote name = "Naked"] I play to Live ... not like a person;) It's more interesting there ... In this life, the plot is crap and snotty people around - many of the games are livelier ... [/ quote] I
absolutely agree : agree:

F
Fat ninja 29.07.21

life is a game, and video games are minigames in a game called life. When you play games, you also use minigames.

G
Guest 29.07.21

.... try what we can't in real life.

H
HELLHAMMER 29.07.21

What is the wrong question "[b] Why are we playing [/ b]?", I play because I play. Another position for which we all play.

s
someth1ng 29.07.21

[quote name = "Dark_Knight"] life is a game, a video game is a mini-game in the game of zhizn.kogda you play the game you do and minigames also yuzaete. [/ quote]

original-c)))

ZyuYyu I played in order to win (CA, WarCraft3), I played with the aim of immersion, I played with the aim of distraction, I played with the aim of killing time, in order to experience something that I will never experience in my life ... There are a
lot of goals, reasons ... I'm like that)))

F
Fat ninja 29.07.21

and I have another option:
why do some people drink vodka, and some use drugs?
games are addiction (I don’t know what)

s
someth1ng 29.07.21

gygy gamer is not necessarily a gamer, but a gamer is necessarily a gamer)) .... I say what I think and I think what I say)) ... in
short, do not confuse one with the other

F
Fat ninja 29.07.21

and if you do not play for several days, do you by chance start to feel out of place? (sorry for the pun)

s
someth1ng 29.07.21

gygygy, doctor, doesn't it hurt? and I will live? and play the violin? )))
depending on what I do ... if I suffer from garbage (this is true now happens extremely rarely), then yes, it pulls to bang ... and so - work, children, a cow))) gygy ... I doom, in spite of that that he liked me dmko, passed almost a month with long interruptions - there was no time ... vooot earlier, when I was younger, I had an addiction, I sat for days - try to tear it off ... sales sometimes nostalgia presses)

A
ARLe 29.07.21

in general, there are three types of gamers:
1. Profi - they play for the sake of money, fame.
2. Amateurs - play for fun.
3. Testers - testers.

Like so :) .

B
Br.Des 29.07.21

[quote name = "ARLe"] generally divided into three types of gamers:
1. Profi - play for the sake of money, fame.
2. Amateurs - play for fun.
3. Testers - testers.

It seems so :). [/ Quote]
You know, IMHO, the list is not entirely complete. It can still be divided into subcategories. In particular, the second group:
a) Gamers - "killers". IMHO, the most extensive category (unfortunately, and maybe fortunately). This includes fans of all kinds of paintkillers, crimsonlands, dooms, alien shooters, quakes, among other things.
b) Gamers-tactics. Various strategists who take pleasure in winning through their well thought out and precise actions.
c) Gamers - "analyzers". (look in the section "Survival Horror", there are a lot of them). They love games with a deep, soulful storyline. It is the plot and the course of events that interest them most of all. After completing the games, they can sit for a long time and analyze the actions of the heroes, the events that have taken place, "cause and effect." I think it's clear that the bulk of these are RPGs.

Actually, it is also an incomplete table, but I have named the main (read "the most numerous") subcategories. In general, initially it is necessary to divide gamers not into categories, but on the basis. And then into categories, subcategories, etc. A very extensive table will turn out.

* Olessia * 29.07.21

For me, a good computer game is like a good book: if the game manages to drag you into another world and live the adventures of the main characters for a while, then it's worth playing for that.

M
MorLAN 29.07.21

I have been playing games since 1996.
I can't imagine life without my favorite console. And in general I play to relax. So to say, "to get away from the gray everyday life of our life."

G
Guest 29.07.21

[quote] b) Gamers-tactics. Various strategists who enjoy the victory gained thanks to their well thought out and clear actions [/ quote]
I'm here :)

M
MorLAN 29.07.21

[quote] c) Gamers are "analyzers". (look in the section "Survival Horror", there are a lot of them). They love games with a deep, soulful storyline. It is the plot and the course of events that interest them most of all. After completing the games, they can sit for a long time and analyze the actions of the heroes, the events that have taken place, "cause and effect." I think it is clear that in the bulk these are RPGs. [/ Quote]
I like to study virtual spaces ...

A
ARLe 29.07.21

I was then a mixed killer and quest analyzer.

B
Br.Des 29.07.21

By the way, according to a survey conducted on the site "Gambling", it turned out that most gamers value in games:
1. Wide freedom of action, many options for passing - 56% - 6812 votes
2. Shooting and chopping - 54.7 % - 6648 votes (s)
3. You can live, you can experience the plot with the character - 46.9% - 5708 votes (s)
4. Role-playing elements are developed - 43.4% - 5274 votes (s)
5. We drive cars - 35.9% - 4369 votes
6. We command the troops - 31.1% - 3784 votes
7. Drive and cool sausage - 27.1% - 3294 votes
8. You have to think a lot - - 18.3% - 2220 votes
9. The reaction speed is important - 17.6% - 2139 votes
10. There is a multiplayer wheel - 13.3% - 1621 votes
11. Kicking - the puck or the ball ... - 11.8% - 1440 votes
12. We fly through the air - 10.4% - 1263 votes
13. Just playing online - 8.4% - 1027 vote (s)

So, after all, the first group of gamers ("killers") is the most numerous.