3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sooltan DJ 05.08.21 10:45 pm

Bar \ "Nexus \" (Quake 4)

Well, in general, I hope the question is clear. :)
I've already played all the parts of the quake series. And this question does not get out of my head.
Where are they from? Before they became Strogs?
Lay out your versions of the origin of the stroggs.

Do you mind if I make a bar out of this Temko ?? Well, the first topic for discussion will be the origin of the strict race ??
66 Comments
Sort by:
A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Well, in general, I hope the question is clear. :)
I've already played all the parts of the quake series. And this question does not get out of my head.
Where are they from? Before they became Strogs?
Lay out your versions of the origin of the stroggs.
Maybe they are also people, but mutated. So they decided to exile the criminals somewhere on a distant planet. But they only exiled the criminals, geniuses, geneticists and ordinary bandits. Having united, they created a Strogg race simply by remaking themselves. Although perhaps this is nonsense.

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.08.21

The most interesting thing is that Stroggs are a race of conquerors and aggressors, whose body consists partly of organic matter (living tissue, brain ..) and metal and electronics (vehicle, weapons, sensors ..). All stroggs are somehow created in laboratories and factories already known to us :) They are created by machines or in extreme cases, especially when it is required to create something unique like Macron, manually by their technicians and engineers (who are also not devoid of artificial body parts).
Hence the question: who created the first Strogg, who is their Creator ??? Maybe the already practically extinct ancient civilization .. extinct due to the fact that somehow the creation decided to destroy its masters?

S
Sooltan DJ 05.08.21

You can make a bar.

My version is as follows.
Before the population of Stroggos became Stroggs.
They were apparently connected to some kind of host computer.
And apparently for fun some hacker wrote the "Strogg" virus.
And the virus infected the main computer. And captured all the minds of people or who knows?
In general, the population of the planet began to control the Artificial Intelligence.
Although this is nonsense.

A

by the way, their planet is called Stroggos, right?
in Juggernaut'e for q2 the action takes place on the planet Cerberon ... what is this planet? maybe a neighbor of Stroggos like Mars and Earth?

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Blah guys, let's call it a bar. I look forward to your suggestions.

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

We can't think of a name ??

A

but what to call the bar .. I don’t even know what to think of;) where in ku4 the paratroopers could spend their leisure time and how would it be called ... so from this there should be a name. Let's say, where is the thread on the main ship (it seems like in the plot its name was "Hanibal" .. but it's not sonorous;))

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

This by itself is not sonorous, users connect connect ...

S
Sooltan DJ 05.08.21

A.Soldier speaks correctly!
We need to make sure that the Quake 4 paratroopers can communicate with each other!
Get assignments or just relax. Like Hannibal.
Or you could call it a Nexus bar! Just where the final battle is.
Although it is necessary that the name be similar to the one that I originally made the theme of the origin of the race.
I have a couple of options on the bar theme: 1) The birth of the Strogg race. 2) Platoon "RHINOCO".
Although most of all I am inclined towards option 2. The first in my opinion is the same nothing.
Who should have the 2nd option?

A

Only not a "platoon", but a "detachment", so more precisely. You can just "Bar" Rhino "";) or "Bar Nexus" (rudno -))

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

So the bar nexus (sorry for the Russian letters)

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

We figured out everything with the name ... let's further excite the topic ... the origin of the stroggs ...

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Oops what do you think should I conduct a survey on my favorite weapon ???

A

costs :)

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Then let's make a list together, or rather write in a personal, or I'm a little busy with others. OK?

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Right now I'll torture the poll.

A

we will make a list;)
PS
official site of the game, completely using flash technology ... (done, by the way, at the level)

A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Give the soldier as a list, mudd it up-the topic of dregs.

S
Sooltan DJ 05.08.21

Well, why are we going to report on the origins of the Strogs? :)

A

the topic has already been created - "Poll: What is your favorite weapon in the singleplayer?" ;)