3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sooltan DJ 05.08.21 10:45 pm

Bar \ "Nexus \" (Quake 4)

Well, in general, I hope the question is clear. :)
I've already played all the parts of the quake series. And this question does not get out of my head.
Where are they from? Before they became Strogs?
Lay out your versions of the origin of the stroggs.

Do you mind if I make a bar out of this Temko ?? Well, the first topic for discussion will be the origin of the strict race ??
66 Comments
Sort by:
A
Avenging all 05.08.21

Ku3 rules!

D
Denis 05.08.21

Ku3 is certainly super, but some cards in Ku4 under the Ku3 class are like in the old days)))

b
bowmen08 05.08.21

guys immediately scrolled down ... in short, here's the origin of the stroggs.
Civilization followed the technological path of development, predatory exploiting the natural resources of the planet. Due to the strong pollution of the atmosphere of Stroggos by the wastes of numerous factories, the flora and fauna were almost completely destroyed, and its remnants mutated into aggressive, endangered life forms (in total at the time of Quake 2 there were 2 types of them: predatory fish (in the game they are called "barracuda sharks ") And predatory four-legged mammals (in the game they are simply called mutants)). The planet's population tried to delay their death from chemicals by cyborging their bodies. The birth rate dropped to zero. Then the military leader of the Strogg civilization, Macron, decided to use the biomaterial of other planets to support life on Stroggos.

h
hot potatoes 05.08.21

I do not know, need to think

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.08.21

bowmen08
Not a bad scenario, realistic :) And it looks like just our future ...: D
But Makron is, rather, something like the president of one country, because the Strogg Leaders class has not only Macron as a leader, a free-thinking cyborg (according to the plot from the fourth part, we realized that the Stroggs do not have individuality, they are all subject to a single center Nexus). Another Strogg leader, for example, is Black Widow from Ground Zero (Quake 2 Mission Pack 2). And little else can be. There may be more leaders, and the very civilization that you mentioned at first, perhaps, had under its control not only its home planet, but also managed to colonize the nearest ones (like we have Mars).

n
number 9 large 05.08.21

I will not understand one thing. If the war with the Stroggs began in 2065, then in what year did the events of Quake 4 take place?

V
Vergos 05.08.21

.Enemy. [SEXY AND I KNOW IT] hike that way.
Most likely, people messed up something and it turned out to be such a shnyaga in the form of strict.
Question: Who else watched the Chronicles of Mutants movie? So there, too, are strict and they were made by some kind of machine.

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

According to the plot, like people destroying their planet and turning it into a lifeless desert for survival, they became strict for survival in such terrible conditions.

A

According to the plot, like people destroying their planet and turning it into a lifeless desert for survival, they became strict for survival in such terrible conditions.
Who told you this? O_o According to the plot, Stroggi is a hostile civilization, consisting of several leaders and an army of their subordinates, deprived of their own will and opinion. The army consists of representatives of different civilizations of our galaxy (modified, converted for the needs of the Strogs), which were partially or completely destroyed by the Strogs. Well, people are also among them (former prisoners captured in the war).

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

I was reading this information even during the release of the game itself. That before, long ago, normal living organisms were strict without any foreign bodies and other things, that is, like us, but because of pollution they have become like we see them for survival. But then the army from the rest of the inhabitants of the galaxy is already the fruits of those strict so at the very beginning.

A

Also plausible. All highly developed civilizations were once primitive and forced to survive.
And you don't need to pollute the environment a lot.

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

Yes. Directly one of the options for our future.

A

This future is even better shown in the cartoon Wall • E =]

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

Well, on the one hand, it looks like (strictly speaking) in our country, too, implants are becoming more and more developed and are more often used in medicine. Of course, compared to this fantastic plot, these are trifles, but still ...

A

Do not forget about the complete absence of the concepts of morality and aesthetics among the Strogs =) And about the lack of free will of each individual soldier, since they are all subordinate to their leader through something similar to the Internet (interplanetary, by the way) ...

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

Such a dictatorship. Well, the majority are not strict in fact, but their products. By the way, I'm interested in the stories of Tankjr and Visor, they are also strict, you know where there is infa about them?

A

I know. Look here.
Scroll down there - all Quake 3 bots are listed with a description of their history. Click on the bot name for more detailed information.

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

Thanks. By the way, there is a video on the site for Quake 3 Arena like Doom vs Xaero and the like that explain the plot well, well, you probably know. So here is a little about it, if you know where there are such videos, then write. And that is VERY interesting.

A

This is a series of videos under the general title "Quake 3 Arenas". I also watched it in English on youtube, then I downloaded the Russian version from pg.
Also on youtube I saw a trailer for the second season. But apparently, there will be no second. I do not know exactly.
Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/DirectorGoss

Where else a video about the history of opponents in Quake 3 I do not know. But there are sites with movies (purely game video, sometimes with special effects and high-quality or not very good editing) on ​​Quake 3, many, many movies ...

I
Infiltratоr 05.08.21

It's clear . Are you interested in the plot and stories of these characters?