3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Berry 06.08.21 11:43 pm

Sony PS2 game console as a gift

Dear pros of the gaming space,

please give your advice to a complete layman in this area: wink:.

I want to give a Sony PlayStation 2 game console to my good friends and three main questions arise: 1.Is

SONY PS 2 really a cool system and an order of magnitude better than PS 1.

2.Is it okay to buy a game console via the Internet, which seems to be much cheaper than in Union or M-Video. But whether there will be problems with warranty or consoles origin (left - not left)

3. Please give me three, in your opinion the most worthy and interesting games that are not ashamed to present together with the prefix and are not quickly bored by the donee (two of them - both men, one 12 years old, the second 26)

Help out a newbie, I will be very grateful for any advice.
Sincerely, Olga. : P
62 Comments
Sort by:
S
Segal 06.08.21

1. yes
2. generally fine, but it depends on where to get it.
3. Oooo, it depends strongly on tastes. Offhand: GTA: San Andreas, Soul Calibur 2, Mercenaries, Metal Gear Solid 3, etc.

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

It is worth giving ... Games are full of worthy ones - the seller will tell you ... I would recommend GTA to my taste: San Andreas, NBA Street V.3 and Tekken 3 (so that the two of them are not bored to play) and of course 2 joysticks included.

B
Berry 06.08.21

Thank you, Segal, Samanouske. Then I have two more questions: What is GTA? And is it normal to give a set-top box if a person already has a personal computer filled with all kinds of games?

S
Segal 06.08.21

GTA - Grand Theft Auto. The last part of the game on computers did not come out, and many would like to play. So the prefix is ​​a great choice in this case.

At the expense of the computer and the set-top box - no problem. Most of the owners of consoles also have computers. The games there and there are completely different, so nothing will overlap.

B
Berry 06.08.21

And now on the phone the manager of one computer game store told me that this Grand Theft Auto is incredible and recommended taking the Matrix, the Men in Black and the Prince of Persia. Weird...

S
Segal 06.08.21

The taste and color, I guess. But the Matrix and Men in Black are, IMHO, very bad games. And the Prince of Persia is good, but he is on the computer, there is no point in giving him.

B
Berry 06.08.21

Segal, I believe you more: wink:. By the way, what three discs would you recommend me to buy if I clarified that these should be arcades?

S
Segal 06.08.21

Thanks :) I would recommend ICO, Jak II, Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando.

In general, I recommend looking at [url = http: //ps2.ign.com/reviews/? & T = ign_inc_dyn_reviews§ion_id = 573 & network_id = 12 & channel_id = 70 & constraint.grid.genre1 = Platformer & constraint.grid.sort = score & constraint.grid.sortorder = desc ] this [/ url] list (and [url = http: //ps2.ign.com/reviews/? constraint.grid.score = 9 & constraint.grid.sort = score & constraint.grid.sortorder = desc] this [/ url] and also here [url = http: //www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp] this [/ url]), there is a lot of everything worthwhile, and not only in the arcade genre.

B
Berry 06.08.21

It's so good that this site caught my eye! Thanks for the links, Segal! Excellent rankings and, most importantly, clearly.

[size = 75] Added on Feb 21, 2005, 18:42: [/ size]

One more question - where would you recommend buying a Sony PS2, so as not to have problems with the warranty later?

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.08.21

[quote name = "Samanouske"] Would recommend to your taste ... and Tekken 3 [/ quote]
Awesome sensible advice - to buy a PS2 game for PS1, yeah.

S
Segal 06.08.21

[quote name = "Berry"] Another question - where would you recommend buying a Sony PS2 so that you don't have problems with the warranty later? [/ quote] I won't help here, unfortunately. I live in Kiev, I don't understand Moscow stores :(

K
Kellz 06.08.21

I would advise [url = http: //www.vgw.ru "> www.vgw.ru, but you can, and probably still better go and buy it on Gorbushka in GamePark

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

[quote name = "Shmu-Hadron"]
Awesome sensible advice - buy a game for PS1 for PS2, yeah. [/ quote]

Sorry .. I meant Tag Tournament - I got a little confused with the numbering.

S
StrikerX 06.08.21

Hmm, why not a word about chipovka :)

B
Berry 06.08.21

Thank Kellz Perhaps I will focus on this proposal - [url = http: //www.gamepark.ru/? Event = 3 & platform = 1 & category = 1 & id = 1072] http://www.gamepark.ru/?event=3&platfor ... = 1 & id = 1072 [/ url]

Tomorrow I'll go to Gorbushka.

More questions from the kettle - what are controllers, a console and a chip?

S
Strange 06.08.21

The console is directly the set-top box, the controller is directly the gamepad or any other control device for PS2, chipovka is the process of installing a chip to remove the protection against piracy, or actually a chip set-top box.
As for the console purchases, are you satisfied with the fact that you will buy games for ~ 1700 rubles? Because the one that you want to buy the campaign does not have a chip on board that allows you to launch pirated games at a price of 150 rubles ... Or you will have to chip the console after the purchase ...

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

The controller is a joystick, a remote control .. You need 2 of them (if the set includes one, buy another one separately or look for a set with 2 -yya and 2 men for a gift), the console is the set-top box itself. in this case, a black box with the inscription PS2, Chipovka - installation of a mod chip (about 80-100 ye), so that the console reads unlicensed discs for 100 rubles, and not just a license for 50 ye.

B
Berry 06.08.21

Is the quality of games on a prochipovanny console the same as on a license?

c
combine 06.08.21

[quote name = "Berry"] Is the quality of games on a prochipovanny console the same as on a license? [/ quote]
Depends on the origin of the game (licensed disc or pirated disc).

S
Strange 06.08.21

The console has nothing to do with it - installing the chip only removes the protection when the disk is recognized. What is a pirated copy? - in 99% of cases this is exactly a ripped off copy of the original licensed disc, sometimes they also shove a Russified (not always high-quality) version of the game with translated titles.
So the quality remains practically the same.
In fact, I think the choice is obvious - I don’t think that someone will measure the price of games at 50-70 green apiece in the conditions of Russian reality ... Of all the owners of PS2 on this forum, I met only 2 people buying a license, purely from fundamental considerations, well, and the financial situation also allowed them to hike, the rest are the owners of chip set-top boxes, including me.