3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Berry 06.08.21 11:43 pm

Sony PS2 game console as a gift

Dear pros of the gaming space,

please give your advice to a complete layman in this area: wink:.

I want to give a Sony PlayStation 2 game console to my good friends and three main questions arise: 1.Is

SONY PS 2 really a cool system and an order of magnitude better than PS 1.

2.Is it okay to buy a game console via the Internet, which seems to be much cheaper than in Union or M-Video. But whether there will be problems with warranty or consoles origin (left - not left)

3. Please give me three, in your opinion the most worthy and interesting games that are not ashamed to present together with the prefix and are not quickly bored by the donee (two of them - both men, one 12 years old, the second 26)

Help out a newbie, I will be very grateful for any advice.
Sincerely, Olga. : P
62 Comments
Sort by:
c
combine 06.08.21

2Berry
Yes, and I also recommend refraining from buying pirated "Russian versions". The quality of the "translations" leaves much to be desired, and at the same time the game may freeze somewhere at the end, and it will no longer be possible to exchange it.
2Strange I also buy sometimes. :)

S
Strange 06.08.21

[quote] I also sometimes buy [/ quote]
Well, purely for the sake of pleasure, you can still afford to buy your favorite hit toy every six months =)

c
combine 06.08.21

[quote name = "Strange"] [quote] I also buy sometimes [/ quote]
Well, purely for the sake of pleasure, you can still afford to buy your favorite hit toy every six months =) [/ quote]
So it was with San Andreas. He did not regret a single ruble given for the disc. :)

B
Berry 06.08.21

[quote name = "combine"] So it was with San Andreas. He did not regret a single ruble given for the disc. :) [/ quote]

It seems not in vain that I added this game to the list. : wink:
Together with Jak 2 and Ratchet & Clank 2. Do you approve?
Even now I choose some game based on the movie, I think either Lemony Snicket or The Matrix.

And what about plucking, then probably for the first year (warranty period) we will not do this. Let's see further. All the same, three games for a certain period will be enough for what is called "by the ears".

S
Strange 06.08.21

[quote] what is called "the ears" [/ quote].
Well, at how you look =)))
As for the guarantee - it is possible and so, but already there is in the circumstances ...

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

Both Lemony and the Matrix are a rare trash .. as well as all parts of the terminator ... Based on the Movie I recommend Lord of The rings: Return of the King - there is a freaky game mode for two players ... Crumble the orcs into cabbage !!!

c
combine 06.08.21

2Berry
Games based on films ... Take it not worth it. The quality is almost always poor. The only exception may be Lord Of The Rings and that's it.

B
Berry 06.08.21

Are there really no decent games based on the films, except for one: evil :?

By the way, dear gamers, is it not practiced, say, on this site or where else is the exchange of games among colleagues in the shop? Or the sale of used licensed discs?

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

practiced .. go to the topic Trade Exchange

K
Kellz 06.08.21

[i] Together with Jak 2 and Ratchet & Clank 2. Do you approve? [/ i]

Better to take the second one, since the games are almost the same, you can immediately see that they are the same type, but the second one is made much more interesting.

[i] Both Lemony and the Matrix are a rare trash .. as well as all parts of the terminator ... [/ i]

to taste and color ... The Matrix is ​​really nonsense, and Lemony Snickett, if you liked the movie, will also like the game, very stylish too.

about the terminator: all games in the series are different, but not all are so bad, only Rise of the machines stands out from the "bad" ones, not the worst FPS for fans of the series. Redemption is the best in the car-action-arcade genre, Dawn of Fate is also good TPS / FPS, but that's it for me. to a person who buys his first set-top box, I still would not advise taking them.

[i] All the same, three games for a certain period will be enough for what is called “by the ears.” [/ i]

This is unlikely, they will be completed in a month, and you will want more, you will hardly want to play them again. if you want to play longer, then if you are interested in FPS games, then you should choose Killzone, there are four characters, you can first go through the whole game for one, then for the second, and so on. everyone has different weapons, and you always have to act differently.

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

Better to buy as I advised NBA Street vol. 3 or NBA Ballers - they have unlimited replayability

B
Berry 06.08.21

Kellz, thanks a lot! Are there games made funny and with a good sense of humor, well, maybe like "Koloboks are conducting the investigation"? To play and laugh.

(and also explain to a dark person what FPS is :)

S
Samanouske 06.08.21

FPS - frames per second (frames per second). The more of them, the clearer and sharper the picture. To laugh, buy Whiplash ... when I played, I just died over some moments.

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.08.21

[quote name = "Samanouske"] FPS - frames per second (frames per second). [/ quote]
Mlyn, sometimes it's better to chew than talk. Kellz was referring to first person shooter - "first person shooter" (a la quake, etc.).

[size = 75] Added on Feb 22, 2005 5:21 pm: [/ size]

[quote name = "Berry"] 3. Please name three, in your opinion, the most worthy and interesting games that are not ashamed to give along with the console and which will not quickly get bored with the donee (there are two of them - both men, one is 12 years old, the second is 26) [/ quote]
Tell me what games they like , then it will be possible to advise something. Otherwise, nothing but a meaningless flame will not be here - everyone advises what he likes, and it is far from the fact that your "men 12 and 26 years old will like the same thing."

[size = 75] Added on Feb 22, 2005, 17:32: [/ size]

[quote name = "Berry"] Are there any games made funny and with a good sense of humor? [/ quote]
From arcades - the same Jak II and Ratchet & Clank 2 (although I would recommend the third one instead of the second ratchet - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal), plus Sly 2: Band of Thiefs. From action / RPG - Bard's Tale (but here you need to know the genre, because in this game the most hackneyed cliches are ridiculed).

B
Berry 06.08.21

They like the so-called walker-shooters, it seems to be called arcades in the community, but I would mostly like to hear the generally accepted good games regardless of the genre.

what is action / RPG?

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.08.21

[quote name = "Berry"] They like so-called walker-shooters, it seems in the circle of those who play it is called arcade [/ quote]
Half of all existing genres fall under the concept of "walker-shooter". More specifically, I would like to hear - ideally just a couple of specific games that they like.

[quote], but I would mostly like to hear the generally accepted good games regardless of the genre. [/ quote]
You see, "the generally recognized good game" is like a "spherical horse in a vacuum." There is simply no such thing. Some people like one thing, others - another. Yes, there is a certain number of games that many people like, but still, there are more than enough people who do not like these same games.

A typical case is GTA San Andreas. Then the people over there tell what a wonderful game it is, at the same time I played it for half an hour and gave it up, and the seller told you that it was terribly boring. Although now it is almost the most popular PS2 game.

[quote] what is action / RPG? [/ quote]
A simplified version of the role-playing game, with a strong bias towards "walker-shooter". Diablo is a classic computer example.

B
Blink 55 06.08.21

[offtopic] 2 Shmu-Hadron
Have you played in Mercenaries ??? How did you like it?
Just wondering. :) [/ offtopic]

B
Berry 06.08.21

[quote name = "Shmu-Hadron"] You see, "generally recognized good game" is like "a spherical horse in a vacuum". There is simply no such thing. Some people like one thing, others - another. Yes, there is a certain number of games that many people like, but still, there are more than enough people who do not like these same games.
[/ quote]

Somewhat strange logic. "There is Zepa, but there is no word." (c) The meaning of the phrase "generally recognized good" means that if not all, then at least most of the respondents agree with the definition of the game as really good. It is clear that everyone has different tastes, but nevertheless, everyone recognizes that Kindzmarauli is a good wine, and Dombay is a beautiful place. And someone's private opposite opinion, it, even carrying a negative,

The mere fact that GTA San Andreas was mentioned here by several experts at once as an excellent game, suggests that the game deserves attention, you must agree. In addition, you can see this game at the top of the rankings, links to which were kindly given by Segal.

And it's hard for me to name specific games now. It seems that they played voraciously in the game Do not believe in the worst, all such plasticine and Counter Strike.

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.08.21

[quote name = "Blink 55"] [offtopic] 2 Shmu-Hadron
Have you played in Mercenaries ??? How did you like it?
Just wondering. :) [/ offtopic] [/ quote]
[offtopic] I just finished downloading it yesterday - I only had time to look at the intro.
The intro is cool :)
But for the time being I took up the old stuff - I'm going through the Dark Chronicle, which I had for more than a year, was waiting in the wings. Wildly prus :) [/ offtopic]

[size = 75] Added 22 Feb 2005, 19:00: [/ size]

[quote name = "Berry"] Somewhat strange logic. "There is Zepa, but there is no word." (c) The meaning of the phrase "generally recognized good" means that if not all, then at least most of the respondents agree with the definition of the game as really good. It is clear that everyone has different tastes, but nevertheless, everyone recognizes that Kindzmarauli is a good wine, and Dombay is a beautiful place. And someone's private opposite opinion, it, even while carrying a negative, generally does not change the picture. [/ Quote]
I am wildly sorry, but this is precisely what is "somewhat strange logic". Are you going to give these games to "the majority of respondents", or are you going to give two specific people who do not care about the average opinion, since they have their own opinion, which does not always coincide with the average?

[Quote] The mere fact that GTA San Andreas was mentioned here by several experts at once as an excellent game suggests that the game deserves attention, you must agree. In addition, you can see this game at the top of the rankings, links to which were kindly given by Segal. [/ Quote]
Once again - it can be any great game, but if I don't like this genre, for me it will be complete nonsense. And the fact that many people like it doesn't change anything for me personally. And if it turns out that your players are also indifferent to this genre, they will play in San Andreas for an hour, after which they will throw it on the shelf and forget.

[quote] And it's hard for me to name specific games now. It seems like they played voraciously in the game Do not believe in the worst, all this plasticine and Counter Strike. [/ Quote]
So we will write down - quests and shooters ...
Look, are you sure they need a console at all? :)
Maybe it's better to give a new video card there?
I just don't know a single fan of counter strike who would play on the console ...

PS: in general, if you focus on arcades and shooters, and so that it is not too exotic for a computer player, then:
1. GTA San Andreas :)
2 Jak II Renegade
3. Killzone
4. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
5. Mercenaries

If you don't dwell on these genres and go through not only the new, but also the classics, then:
1. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (action / RPG)
2. Burnout 3 Takedown (arcade racing)
3. Def Jam Fight For New York (fights without rules)
4. Devil May Cry ("walk-cut")
5. Final Fantasy X (Japanese RPG)
6. ICO (quest)
7. Katamari Damacy (well ... I find it difficult to define the genre :))
8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (ehm ... in general, a spy shooter)
9. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (one more "walk-cut")
10. Soul Calibur 2 (fights)
11. Virtua Fighter 4 (one more fights)

Note. From the second list, at least games 1, 2, 3, 7, 10 and 11 allow two players to play at the same time - I think this is important to you. I can't say anything about the first list in this regard.

Now you go to ps2.ign.com, look for reviews of these games and read. Then you select those 3 that, in your opinion, your players may like. That's all, on this I think the question is settled :) [/ offtopic]

B
Blink 55 06.08.21

For a 12-year-old, it's not worth playing in GTA San Andreas, especially with russ. Sabami, there is a lot of mate, and in plain text so. :)