3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Archangel 06.08.21 11:48 pm

What gameplay elements ruined your game

I propose to write your own notes about what, in your opinion, spoiled the gameplay in the passed games.

For example:
[b] DOOM3 [/ b] when monsters bite, even the smallest ones, the screen jumps up unnaturally, which is very annoying, especially if it's a spider and now you need to lower your head down for a new shot. There is too much armor scattered throughout the level. If on a global level, then there is practically no open spaces.

[b] Painkiller [/ b] In my opinion, the atmosphere of the game could be MUCH richer, if not for the dynamic music, which always begins and ends with the monsters. It turns out that I always know for sure that I killed everyone. With such a level design and such a mesmerizing atmosphere, the gameplay process would be much more adrenaline-pumping if the music did not appear always, but only at the highest grossing moments. Leave the player a little bit of uncertainty - are they all dead? Remember the Opera level? What a cool background sound there, as if ghosts from another dimension are playing a performance and suddenly applause is heard ....
[b] True Crime Streets of LA [/ b] The ability to dodge bullets like arrows is too strong a step towards the arcade, which discouraged playing into such a childish game. thrown halfway through the game ...

[b] Battle field 1942 [/ b] IMHO - The same problem with shells. They fly like snot. Then of course you get used to it. All the same, you can't practically dodge, and the gameplay has become much more cartoonish. Mot is not this detail and there would be more players - me for example.

[b] Unreal Tournament [/ b] oh great and mighty dodging, created especially for hardcore players !!! (this is when a double-click on the key forward or backward or a step to the right / left makes a long jump in this direction) Well, why it was impossible to choose a special key instead of a double-click, by pressing which, this very jump is made in the direction in which the character is moving ? So tired of his false positives, especially when after that you have to fall somewhere, and it takes a lot of time. while I double-click, the character will lose in movement speed ... Of course, he will return it by jumping, but this is not the same if, as I suggest, no time losses!

I will remember again - I will add :)
73 Comments
Sort by:
S
SnakZ 06.08.21

[quote name = "Lazy Skeleton"] [quote name = "SnakZ"] Yes, I would have tolerated flaws in the schedule - but THIS .... [/ quote] And what's interesting is THIS ??? the game can be found in any game if desired, but the fact that the wrong shadows are primarily a payment for interactive gameplay in full 3D, not inherent in the previous parts of RE :)
[/ quote]
Sorry for the inaccurate expression. I meant CX4.

M
MorLAN 06.08.21

Toca 2 (PC) in the localization from 1C I was almost killed by the phrase “sonny (synok).” After each arrival, this appeal begins to bother.In MGS3 (American version) subtitles are not removed.

* Olessia * 06.08.21

and it also kills me: in some FPS, when you climb the stairs, you cannot turn around and see what is behind your back, you immediately fall down the stairs, which does not happen in real life and should not be in the game.

A
ARLe 06.08.21

Like no neck twist? IMHO, this crap will not be carried out soon. It will be difficult to manage.

* Olessia * 06.08.21

[quote name = "ARLe"] Like no neck twist? IMHO, this crap will not be carried out soon. It will be difficult to manage. [/ Quote]
No, why is it so difficult)) you can break your neck like this: razz:
just in some games (take the same Half Live) you can turn around on the stairs for all 90 or even 180, but in Duma, it seems, or in Far Krai (I don't remember) when you turn even less than 90 from the stairs you immediately fall: stupid:

A
ARLe 06.08.21

I am still enraged by the non-interactivity of games. SUcks scripts! I remember that the moment in the first Half-Life you go into the office, and there the professor pulls another professor out of the ventilation hole, and then both of them are pulled in, and blood pours from this hole in liters! How I wanted to grab them from there to save them, but in no way! Well this is a script!

* Olessia * 06.08.21

[quote name = "ARLe"] I'm still pissed off by the non-interactive nature of games. SUcks scripts! I remember that the moment in the first Half-Life you go into the office, and there the professor pulls another professor out of the ventilation hole, and then both of them are pulled in, and blood pours from this hole in liters! How I wanted to grab them from there to save them, but in no way! Well this is a script! [/ Quote]

Well, it will always be like this, in any case the games are linear one way or another, you only go there and do only what the creators of the game suggest, you play by their rules in general.

A
ARLe 06.08.21

The next generation of games will be interactive games !!! In ten to fifteen years it will be so! I mean complete or at least great freedom of action, but not like in Morrowind, where you just walk around the world and fight stupidly, but where there are still many all sorts of heroes, adventures, etc. Of course, the main goal should be, but freedom should be too. Of course, it can take many years to create such a game, since if Linear Half-Life was created for 5 years, then it will take even more to create such a game! [b] In short, dream dreams !!! [/ b]

Z
ZEROCOOL 06.08.21

And I am infuriated most of all in HL2 that the bosses were removed there. It's not interesting without bosses. : dn:
Even in The Battle for Middle-earth, they made a limitation of the number, and they promised that it would be possible to build a thousand-strong army, that would be a battle.

A
ARLe 06.08.21

[Quote] And I am infuriated most of all in HL2 that the bosses were removed there. It's somehow not interesting without bosses. [/

Quote ] Wake up guy! Helicopter, womb of arachnids, first gunship, striders, Brin, finally !!!

B
Br.Des 06.08.21

[quote name = "ZEROCOOL"] Back in The Battle for Middle-earth they made a limitation of the number, and they promised that it would be possible to build a thousand-strong army, that would be a battle. [/ quote]
Yeah, that would be the brakes ... IMHO , the limitation is just because of the brakes delivered. In general, the battles there already look very beautiful.

* Olessia * 06.08.21

the brakes would not be childish))
sometimes nothing infuriates the game as much as the brakes, which spoil the gameplay sobsna entot.

A
ARLe 06.08.21

By the way, there are very specific brakes in the Generals engine! This is infuriating! Straight Slow-mo! The Lord of the Rings is turning into the Matrix!

s
segafan 06.08.21

Stupid plot. Star Ocean 3 dropped out because of this.

G
Guest 06.08.21

[quote name = "ARLe"] By the way, the Generals engine has very specific brakes! This is infuriating! Straight Slow-mo! Lord of the Rings is converted into the Matrix! [/ Quote]
most rzhachnoe that the graphics in the Middle of the Earth many times lazhovey than RTW. And the brakes ... what are you guys playing with: dn:

A
ARLe 06.08.21

Exactly! Everybody quit Middlurf and play Rome Total War 8) 8)

* Olessia * 06.08.21

[quote name = "Tommy"] [quote name = "ARLe"] By the way, the Generals engine has very specific brakes! This is infuriating! Straight Slow-mo! Lord of the Rings is converted into the Matrix! [/ Quote]
most rzhachnoe that the graphics in the Middle of the Earth many times lazhovey than RTW. And the brakes also ... what are you guys playing for: dn: [/ quote]

[offtopic] oh, we play in every way: crazy: In principle, right now there are few good games, there are a lot of awesome games in development, but you understand in releases, that this is another cutting down of attendants. [/ offtopic]

If the voice acting somehow affects the gameplay, then in defense of Middle of the Earth I will say that the voice acting there is cool, and the entire sound range is made at the level.

A
ARLe 06.08.21

[b] * Olessia * [/ b] in your spirit! There is nothing extraordinary to expect from the game! No, without a bazaar, games were much better before, but now very good copies are coming out. For example .... (continue)

B
Br.Des 06.08.21

[quote name = "ARLe"] By the way, the Generals engine has very specific brakes! This is infuriating! Straight Slow-mo! Lord of the Rings is converted into the Matrix! [/ Quote]
[offtopic] Yeah, I remember how one friend is going to play the generals on the network. I asked in advance if the game with his GeForce 2MX was slowing him down. He claimed that not at all. And then we start the game, he sees how the script splash screen of the game "flies" on my computer and wonders why everything is so fast :) It turned out that he did not even suspect that the game was slowing down so much, everything was going too "smoothly". He thought that it should be so :) [/ offtopic]

A
ARLe 06.08.21

I played Riddick and realized: I am enraged by the brakes !!!!! Such a sickly grafon, with even a slight decrease in quality, loses its zest, and at maximum speed it barely squeezes out 5-6 kvs.