3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Archangel 06.08.21 11:48 pm

What gameplay elements ruined your game

I propose to write your own notes about what, in your opinion, spoiled the gameplay in the passed games.

For example:
[b] DOOM3 [/ b] when monsters bite, even the smallest ones, the screen jumps up unnaturally, which is very annoying, especially if it's a spider and now you need to lower your head down for a new shot. There is too much armor scattered throughout the level. If on a global level, then there is practically no open spaces.

[b] Painkiller [/ b] In my opinion, the atmosphere of the game could be MUCH richer, if not for the dynamic music, which always begins and ends with the monsters. It turns out that I always know for sure that I killed everyone. With such a level design and such a mesmerizing atmosphere, the gameplay process would be much more adrenaline-pumping if the music did not appear always, but only at the highest grossing moments. Leave the player a little bit of uncertainty - are they all dead? Remember the Opera level? What a cool background sound there, as if ghosts from another dimension are playing a performance and suddenly applause is heard ....
[b] True Crime Streets of LA [/ b] The ability to dodge bullets like arrows is too strong a step towards the arcade, which discouraged playing into such a childish game. thrown halfway through the game ...

[b] Battle field 1942 [/ b] IMHO - The same problem with shells. They fly like snot. Then of course you get used to it. All the same, you can't practically dodge, and the gameplay has become much more cartoonish. Mot is not this detail and there would be more players - me for example.

[b] Unreal Tournament [/ b] oh great and mighty dodging, created especially for hardcore players !!! (this is when a double-click on the key forward or backward or a step to the right / left makes a long jump in this direction) Well, why it was impossible to choose a special key instead of a double-click, by pressing which, this very jump is made in the direction in which the character is moving ? So tired of his false positives, especially when after that you have to fall somewhere, and it takes a lot of time. while I double-click, the character will lose in movement speed ... Of course, he will return it by jumping, but this is not the same if, as I suggest, no time losses!

I will remember again - I will add :)
73 Comments
Sort by:
d
dmitry_gf 06.08.21

the absence of a map in some Jrpg, coupled with constantly dropping monsters while searching for something, sometimes they
just kill (for example, in InuYasha PS2)

y
yevgenius 06.08.21

[u] Office [/ u]. The mouse is not well thought out, and there are no shortcut keys at all. The main thing is to have quick maneuvers with movements.

u
unrealDEMON 06.08.21

I will not see Resident Evil (and others like it) !!! This game kills me with its extreme cretinism
Mlyat well, they force me to look for a key to an already dilapidated wooden door, I CAN knock it out .......
also pisses me off Halva2
blah what they promised me .... ahda artificial intelligence .. ..there is no it ...... throwing down these idols is not fun at all.
the highest degree of cretinism is manifested in the difficulty levels ...
the higher the level of complexity, the thicker and monsters than you do them less inflicts damage ....... Well nah UTB necessary ....
Striders lapped with the aliens attack the earth episode in the comic Justice League
In Ravenholm, nimble geeks are licked off strangers,
yet this priest is a complete asshole ...
And Alex is a stupid stsuka who can't even sit down ... but she can't even die there. Moglib for Alex to muddy some kind of mega-episode where she fights amazingly beautifully ....... you could add a beautiful hand-to-hand for her, like she blows the floor of the helmet with her foot to the Combine. Also, Halfa's engine is not cool .... it does not show anything except textures and polygonal models + the latest shaders ... they have a
physical model 2 .... and let that fat monkey (Gabe Newwell) not 3.14dit
Their engine even cannot adequately draw a shadow ...
[color = red] --------- [/ color] half-workers ....
Here's another plot in Half a complete dummy and there are a lot of inconsistencies in it ...

S
SeYazh 06.08.21

Right now, RE fans will start to shit you, got it: evil :?

M
Molodnyak 06.08.21

[quote name = "SeYazh"] Right now RE fans will start to shit you, I understand: evil:? [/ quote]
And not only: fight:

A
Alisa 06.08.21

2unrealDEMON

hammer the bump, amigo, or you'll burst right now.

As for me, what upset me the most is this (I don’t know, probably already wrote)

Formula 1 races in the mafia !! no, well, there really is a pipe. For the first time in my life, I probably climbed into the network in order to rip out the codes.

In general, very often I quit playing when they start to blame me.
started somehow anryl 2. there at the end of the first episode, you have to jump into the hatch. in the hatch, of course, the enemies. but my health is not enough. I poked around (smiling) a couple of times, nothing came of it, and I put the device (chest) on this game. Imbalance is my evil.

S
SeYazh 06.08.21

[quote name = "Alisa"] Formula 1 races in the mafia !! no, well, there really is a pipe. For the first time in my life I probably climbed into the network in order to rip out the codes. [/ quote]
I sat for this race from 3 to 5 hours and passed in the end, only it was closer to the morning, so I missed study: gigi :.

V
Victorsson 06.08.21

[quote name = "SeYazh"] [quote name = "Alisa"] Formula 1 races in the mafia !! no, well, there really is a pipe. For the first time in my life I probably climbed into the network in order to rip out the codes. [/ quote]
I sat for this race from 3 to 5 hours and passed in the end, only it was closer to the morning, so I missed study: gigi:. [/ quote]
And I went through the first time for about 7 minutes, probably :). I decided not to strain.
And the 24 hour races in GT4 upset me.

S
SeYazh 06.08.21

Although I have not played GT4 yet, but in my opinion the 24 hour race is the very thing: D.

A
Angela 06.08.21

Battle field 1942 - Ya mogu upravlyat vsem, no ne upravlyat samoletom. eto nevozmosno. ujasnoe upravlenie. : evil:

u
unrealDEMON 06.08.21

I don’t know I’ve seen videos where the plane was controlled just brutally
and what is so fucking about RE .... bullshit bullshit ...... rushing around this RC and looking for looking for all sorts of keys ..... boredom and nothing else

T
TeHb 06.08.21

[quote] Battle field 1942 - Ya mogu upravlyat vsem, no ne upravlyat samoletom. eto nevozmosno. ujasnoe upravlenie. [/ quote]
Not very difficult ... although it is more difficult than all other modes of transport ...: upset:

A
Alisa 06.08.21

unrealDEMON

dude, what kind of games do you like? :)

S
SeYazh 06.08.21

[quote name = "unrealDEMON"] and what's so fucking about RE .... bullshit bullshit ...... rushing around this RC and looking for looking for all sorts of keys ..... boredom and only [/ quote]
Well, if you haven't noticed anything except the keys in this game, then I can only sympathize ... Probably you like games in which you don't have to think.
In addition, the action in Raccoon City takes place only in the second and third parts. And there are many more: RE0, RE, RE: CV, RE4.
What parts did you play and when?

u
unrealDEMON 06.08.21

I played just in the second and third and played for a very long time
in the second I played quite a bit and on the third I spent several evenings
and you can think differently. It's one thing to think in planescape: torment (the greatest role-playing ..... yes, I like it more than the ending) and another thing in the mist
, tell me what exactly is cool in the second and third parts? Shooting zombies is not fun ... and looking for keys is not fun ... and the controls are weird (played on PC but I don't think it's better on PSone)

S
SeYazh 06.08.21

[quote name = "unrealDEMON"] played just in the second and third and played for a very long time
in the second played quite a bit and spent a few evenings on the third
and you can think differently. It's one thing to think in planescape: torment (the greatest role-playing ..... yes, I like it more than the ending) and another thing in the mist
, tell me what exactly is cool in the second and third parts? Shooting at zombies is not fun ... and looking for keys is not fun .. and the controls are weird (I played on PC but I don't think it's better on PSone) [/ quote]
1. On PC RE 1, 2 and 3 look pathetic. All parts look much better on PSone (obviously, for their time).
2. Controls on the PC agree miserable, but on the PSone no problems.
3. To understand the whole interest of RE, it is not enough to play a little in the second and a few evenings in the third part.
4. Since you went into the topic "What gameplay elements ruined your game", then you could write, somehow differently, but not like this:
[quote] I will not see Resident Evil (and others like it) !!! This game kills me with its extreme cretinism
Mlyat well, they force me to look for a key from an already dilapidated wooden door, I CAN knock it out ....... [/ quote]
If you don't like it, don't play, but talk about RE like that - Do not dare. Because this is one of the best games ever released.

R
Raipper 06.08.21

2 [b] unrealDEMON [/ b], hold back your emotions, otherwise you won't get a warning for long.

u
unrealDEMON 06.08.21

SeI wrote a lot but didn't write why he likes RE? Tell me, maybe I'll like it too, although it's vryatli ...

S
SeYazh 06.08.21

In RE I like:
- The atmosphere (it is special and unique, I have not seen this in any game, except for MGS, but this is a different genre),
- Characters
- Horror (especially in the first part, when cartridges are worth their weight in gold, and I am not distributed in batches, as in other games)
- Plot
- Gameplay
In short, everything that is in this game.
I highly recommend playing RE0, RE Remake and RE4 (the latest games in the series), I think you will change your mind about the game.
In addition, I forgot to say about this:
[quote] Mlyat well, they force me to look for a key from an already dilapidated wooden door, I CAN knock it out ....... [/ quote]
In RE Outbreak 1 and 2 you can knock out doors in which the lock is not very strong.

M
MorLAN 06.08.21

After the fourth part, the world of PE will generally turn upside down ...
Personally, I really like the atmosphere and the plot.