3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Archangel 06.08.21 11:48 pm

What gameplay elements ruined your game

I propose to write your own notes about what, in your opinion, spoiled the gameplay in the passed games.

For example:
[b] DOOM3 [/ b] when monsters bite, even the smallest ones, the screen jumps up unnaturally, which is very annoying, especially if it's a spider and now you need to lower your head down for a new shot. There is too much armor scattered throughout the level. If on a global level, then there is practically no open spaces.

[b] Painkiller [/ b] In my opinion, the atmosphere of the game could be MUCH richer, if not for the dynamic music, which always begins and ends with the monsters. It turns out that I always know for sure that I killed everyone. With such a level design and such a mesmerizing atmosphere, the gameplay process would be much more adrenaline-pumping if the music did not appear always, but only at the highest grossing moments. Leave the player a little bit of uncertainty - are they all dead? Remember the Opera level? What a cool background sound there, as if ghosts from another dimension are playing a performance and suddenly applause is heard ....
[b] True Crime Streets of LA [/ b] The ability to dodge bullets like arrows is too strong a step towards the arcade, which discouraged playing into such a childish game. thrown halfway through the game ...

[b] Battle field 1942 [/ b] IMHO - The same problem with shells. They fly like snot. Then of course you get used to it. All the same, you can't practically dodge, and the gameplay has become much more cartoonish. Mot is not this detail and there would be more players - me for example.

[b] Unreal Tournament [/ b] oh great and mighty dodging, created especially for hardcore players !!! (this is when a double-click on the key forward or backward or a step to the right / left makes a long jump in this direction) Well, why it was impossible to choose a special key instead of a double-click, by pressing which, this very jump is made in the direction in which the character is moving ? So tired of his false positives, especially when after that you have to fall somewhere, and it takes a lot of time. while I double-click, the character will lose in movement speed ... Of course, he will return it by jumping, but this is not the same if, as I suggest, no time losses!

I will remember again - I will add :)
73 Comments
Sort by:
S
SeYazh 06.08.21

But unrealDEMON does not understand this ...

u
unrealDEMON 06.08.21

ugu ne w koem slu4ae ... ibo sistem shock 2 samiy krutoy horror
izwenite za translit winda dead

4insay 06.08.21

[quote name = "MorLAN"] After the fourth part of the world in general PE perevrnotsya ...
Personally, I atmosphere and plot are very popular [/ quote].

Yes-ah RE4 vobsche Kul: crazy: vidyashku looked very Imprint, as soon as possible he would on PS2 released: encore:

M
MorLAN 06.08.21

It's not that culture PE4 is a different game altogether. Adventure ...
Toko is inconvenient to shoot ... but perfect. And quickly passes.

y
yuhan 06.08.21

I was very pissed off by the mini-games in FF9 and 10. What is this? A tribute to fashion? But why are they? Did you jump 9 on a rope 1000 times? No? Do you know what they gave for this? Complete crap that confirmed that I jumped 1000 times and I became a champion. After that, I decided not to make records in the race.

Apparently after that, the "squares" decided that people were offended, that they didn’t give anything for accomplishment, and they played a bunch of mini-games that directly affect the receipt of super-weapons. Well that's it! Rave! Do you remember these butterflies? And 200 lightning bolts? And what about the Chocobo run (oooh ... super control!)?

M
MorLAN 06.08.21

Yes, blue butterflies it was simple and terrible. :)
And as for the chocobo, it seems like you clamp [i] R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 [/ i] and that's it. :)

N
Numenor 06.08.21

[quote name = "MorLAN"] Blue butterflies it was simple and Awful. :)
And as for the chocobo, it seems like you clamp [i] R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 [/ i] and that's it. :) [/ quote]
ear ... however ... with lightning I have suffered ...: crazy:

J
JayDi 06.08.21

And I love jrpg mini-games. Of course, if they are not difficult to pass :)
In general, brakes are the worst thing that can ruin the game, IMHO. For example, the game Beyong Good & Evil on PS2 - if it weren't for the brakes (up to 15-20 fps) in a completely empty space (while on a huge map with all sorts of special effects and reflections, the toy did not slow down), then the game turned out to be excellent. And so ...

P
Phate 06.08.21

I am not pinned by the camera in DMC1. Often not convenient ...

U
Urza 06.08.21

In TES3: Morrowind there are terrible lags. How many doors I got stuck in the corridors because of the necks. Although TES2 was generally called Baggerfull ...

d
dmitry_gf 06.08.21

I liked this theme
suggest to create a contiguous theme "What elements of gameplay that would improve my
igru.Vvidu that the majority igrodelov had a happy childhood, without
the high sills and iron toys such as" Soviet designers have made
himself ", they have no imagination at all.
I suspect that improve the existing game has little meaning, better all
think of his game well and then submit your favorite game in a personal
statement.
For example: my game 3D RPG action game, let it be similar to Morrowind or Gothic,
no more vazhno.Vazhno not enough to the gameplay of the original "chips" .Igroindustriya
in this genre is walking by leaps and bounds to a brighter future in the ascending
direct and in terms of the development of our alter ego in the invented world has reached truly prohibitive
heights - were invented: 1- swinging skills 2-the ability to choose appearance 3- changing
armor on this apparently everything and for a long time.
I have such an idea.
Why not associate the change in the character's appearance with the change in his characteristics. It
will look something like this: At the beginning of the game,
some stooped freak is created from the basic set , frail and with an oblique gait, in short, a complete zero.
As the game progresses, the obtained exp goes, say, to an increase in strength
- - muscles begin to appear on the body, the figure begins to take on an athletic
appearance, and if you constantly pump strength, then this will reach the end of the game
culture that will crack dospehi.nu in the same plan and all other
dexterity, beautiful hary-ism, and so on, if you link everything to the role-playing system,
something will come of it.

J
JayDi 06.08.21

[quote] Why not associate a change in the character's appearance with a change in his characteristics. It
will look something like this: At the beginning of the game,
some stooped freak is created from the basic set , frail and with an oblique gait, in short, a complete zero.
As the game progresses, the obtained exp goes, say, to an increase in strength
- - muscles begin to appear on the body, the figure begins to take on an athletic
appearance, and if you keep pumping strength, then until the end of the game a
culture will reach that armor will crack. Well, in the same way, and all other
dexterity, beautiful gag-ism, and so on if you link everything with the role-based system,
something will come out. [/ quote]
Hehe, in Fable all this is already there: cool:

B
Berlin 06.08.21

Everything I saw is not alive. All Persians are conveyor oaks. Give emotions on faces, relationships, correct body movements (and not idiotically repetitive ones). I want to see the character scratching his turnips, staring blankly at the windscreen, laughing at a joke, fighting, wanting to smoke and not in the screensaver ...
Sims are in the ass.