3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
termoblаs 20.08.21 12:07 am

Why are strategies not popular?

On the forums of many excellent strategies, there are a maximum of a dozen topics, many of them are almost empty. While on the forum of almost any shooter or RPG there are several pages with topics for hundreds of comments, why?
75 Comments
Sort by:
[
[Gear] 20.08.21

My favorite is the genre, it's a pity that nowadays there are few suitable projects, even the generals merged new ones before the release.
And so the fig knows, give the people only action, popcorn and spectacles, ala code, cattle field

d
dimakozhanov 20.08.21

Ancestor
quietly calm down don't be nervous

A
Aarvinok 20.08.21

I only play shooters

d
dimakozhanov 20.08.21

Pilat.
but in vain

P
Psychodolb 20.08.21

It is touching when all sorts of RTS are presented as some kind of "complex games" ... you need to think there no more than in shooters / action games ... Why are the forums not active? ... It's so obvious ... there really is nothing to discuss ... maybe different tactics, but this is for real nerds ... (=

E
Ease 20.08.21

Basically, everyone has their own tastes. And there is no need to impose your tastes on other people.

A
A.Soldier of Light 20.08.21

It is touching when all sorts of RTS are presented as some kind of "complex games" ... you need to think there no more than in shooters / action games ..
But in action games there is action, in strategies it is usually not =) That's boring for many, they don't want to, again, think about what and where to build, etc. And in the shooter he took the cannon and go.

P
Psychodolb 20.08.21

But in action games, there is usually no action in strategies.

In RTS, there is plenty ... Spectacular fights ... why not "action"? ... It's not a step-by-step hassle, where the essence is the same as in chess ... schematic war of numbers, which really scares off the vast majority of people ... and I do not blame them for this ... For example, strategies from Paradox ... these are games really for an amateur ... it's not a matter of thought ... (=

C
Cakeman 20.08.21

strategy for nebydla and intellectuals, 95% - demand popcorn and shows like in joke action games

A

In RTS - plenty ... Fights are spectacular ... why aren't you "action"?
Strategy doesn't have your alter ego like FPS does. The action in FPS is not comparable.

This is not a step-by-step hassle
. What is meant by "this"?

J
Jackson [x] 20.08.21

This is not a step-by-step hassle, where the essence is the same as in chess - Step-by-step is more interesting. But there are very, very few of them adequate, every hat is basically

m
miha64 20.08.21

Chess everyone, pawns!

P
Psychodolb 20.08.21

Can't compare FPS action I didn't try to compare the level of the action lol ... the speech was completely different, but you chose to take the conversation in a different direction ... (=

By "this" what do you mean?

RTS ... don't lose thread, Soldier ... (=

A

but you preferred to divert the conversation in a different direction ...
No, that happens by itself sometimes without malicious intent.
TBS is a strategy too. And not a burden at all.

P
Psychodolb 20.08.21

But there are very, very few of them adequate, every hat is basically

If you compare with other genres, then in percentage terms there are still fewer hats ... in terms of quantity - of course, because the strategies themselves are produced only a few pieces a year ... (=

TBS is also a strategy

I somewhere stated the opposite? ... If it comes to that, only TBS and are real strategies ... IMHO, of course ... (=

not at all tyagomotina

tyagomotina, deny does not make sense ... but I love this burden very much, lol ... (=

A
Aarvinok 20.08.21

pix.PlayGround.ru

J
Jackson [x] 20.08.21

If you compare with other genres, then in percentage terms, it turns out 90% of dullness for an amateur. I know only three normal games of this genre (One of them is only on Pervaya Sonya), and in all sorts of Victory and Defcon I will not play for any bagels even at work, and there are ten of them a month.

P
Psychodolb 20.08.21

That turns out to be 90% sadness for an amateur

Well, the whole genre is like that, lol ... sadness is not an indicator of a bad strategy ... here's a balance that was torn to hell or stupid copying of other games (it happens very often) - yes, bad ... And what dozens more a month? ... I hope this is not about mods or indie ugliness ... (=

J
Jackson [x] 20.08.21

About indie ugliness and hastily cobbled together slag speech.

sadness is not an indicator of a bad strategy ... - Oh, okay! What kind of fool would play an uninteresting game?

R
Red alert 20.08.21

The forums for strategy fans are almost empty (although this is not entirely true, of course) because everything is discussed there on the case. And on the FPS forums - 70% srach))) I think that the popularity of strategies is affected by their complexity (compared to shooters) The modern gamer does not really like to think. But do not be discouraged. Company of Heroes 2 comes out next year, with high hopes for this game. But with generals 2, everything is not clear, yet.