3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
termoblаs 20.08.21 12:07 am

Why are strategies not popular?

On the forums of many excellent strategies, there are a maximum of a dozen topics, many of them are almost empty. While on the forum of almost any shooter or RPG there are several pages with topics for hundreds of comments, why?
75 Comments
Sort by:
P
Psychodolb 20.08.21

Come on! What kind of fool would play an uninteresting game?

Uncertainty and dullness for me are still different things ... I'll explain it to make it clearer ... In global turn-based strategies, one game can last almost a month (if you play 1-2 hours a day) ... and the game is practically does not change in any way ... you perform the same actions for many hours ... from the point of view of a normal person (I am half of them, lol) - it's sad ... but interest still persists ... such business ... (=

A
A.Soldier of Light 20.08.21

Tyagomotin, it makes no sense to deny ... but I really love this tyagomotin, lol ...
It seemed that the epithet carried a negative meaning.

you perform the same actions for many hours ... from the point of view of a normal person - it's sad ...
HoMM series. Not sure the truth about 5-6.

Jacks0n
Come on! What kind of fool would play an uninteresting game?
Interestingness is a subjective thing. The tastes are different.

E
EVIL PLAYER 20.08.21

Because all around are morons.

N
Nihiliant 20.08.21

For example, strategies from Paradox ... these are games really for an amateur ... it's not a matter of thinking ... (=
I play strategy from Paradoxes.

b
bee walker and steamer 20.08.21

Nihiliant
Now you are well done in the square, you can be proud of yourself.

Y
Yons colaq 20.08.21

Because there you need to think (I Cap). And because the current generation of players rejoice at the slag released, where you have to shoot, cut, beat and stab stupidly.

G
Grim Assistant 20.08.21

And I like strategy. True, it's more fun to play with a live opponent, otherwise the AI ​​is either dumb or very dumb.

O
OakSorcerer 20.08.21

It's just that those who play strategy do not sit on the forums.

P
PG ... PG never changes 20.08.21

Because in strategies you need to think, and today's "gamers" would rather shoot hundreds of enemies in some Call of duty, than strain their brain even a little.

D
Don Vladon 20.08.21

one must think => the current generation of gamers (the absolute majority) does not like this => this genre is not popular among the majority => it is not profitable for average statistical developers to make strategies (and only benefit is important for them) => few good strategies are released these days = > everyone starts to forget about them on the sly

J
Jackson [x] 20.08.21

Few good strategies are released these days - It used to be the same.

Because in strategies you need to think - You need to think only in online Starcraft. And in all the rest, those who riveted faster than the most powerful units won.

And even though you beat yourself up in Rome 24/7 a week, Gazprom will still not take a job, therefore, it is a myth about the influence of strategies on the brain.

But dynamic actions improve your reaction and teach you to make quick decisions, and this is not a bad training for the brain - a fact. As well as the fact that games have now become simpler for the most part, not dumber, but simpler.

On the other hand, the influence of gambling has not yet been fully studied.

I
Infiltratоr 20.08.21

I'd better play chess. There is no desire to play behind the monitor in the strategy.

P
PG ... PG never changes 20.08.21

Jacks0n
Yes, action games develop reactions, but if you play only in them, you can be dumb.

T
Toxa95 20.08.21

Are there no immersive strategies in strategies?
Monsieur, have you played the Total War series?
Not a single game, except this one, makes you think about your steps two or three ahead, while not playing it. There is such an immersion that you are simply amazed.
Many would certainly disagree, but IMHO the best part is Empire. Playing as Russia is a pleasure. History is changing before our eyes.
And if you start playing games like this series, you start to get carried away with history ---> You improve your knowledge in this area ---> More mind did not harm anyone.

D
Dictator [nanoposan-in-pa 20.08.21

Warcraft and Starcraft are still played today, and Total War is as popular as Civilization.
I also mention Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis, but they are pretty hardcore.
And in general, if they are played a little on PG, this does not mean. that they are played a little everywhere.

V
Vaipen 20.08.21

Stratagems don't come out on consoles.

i
irvin.ar 20.08.21

There are no suitable strategies right now, one pop (see heroes 6)

M
Max Fry 20.08.21

What nonsense, how many people know who play strategy. I would have played myself, tk. I like it, but I like other genres even more :)

T
Todevush Drexel 20.08.21

Yes, in general, what is the floodotema ?! I'm currently playing lord of the rings the battle for middle-earth 2 rise of the witch king as Arnor against Angmar in Fornost. And I can't stop, what nonsense? Delete to hell!

G
Ghesor 20.08.21

Previously, I could not play action games (I played only in strategy), now there are just fewer strategies.