3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Azzy 29.08.21 12:28 am

Battletoads

xU8xhPz.jpg

Genre: 2D Beat'm up

Developer: Microsoft Game Studio 

Publisher: Microsoft

Release date: 2019

124 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jarl 29.08.21

1 hour ago, Megalocyte said:

do for the Fathers who played the original games

It couldn't be better.

M
Minolta 29.08.21

I wrote back then when it became known that they were doing some Dla la, but they told me that there was no need to rush to conclusions, they say, rare is also in business and what happened in the end, from rare only the logo and that's all, why it was impossible to give this game to the developers of the cuphead who as if you would feel the spirit and style of the game or for the ori developers, finally, I am ashamed of it, I will not buy 100% : frog28:

G
Grantovich 29.08.21

Under the shit-trailer, our guys left a lot of good reviews, I'm glad that the audience did not slip into shit-eating.

Petition, if anything:

https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-rework-game-battletoads-2019-by-rare-studios-and-dlala-studios

3l4vcsbx.jpg

75b89e6883a5727597c8f990fbf85ff2.jpg

K
Krauser 29.08.21

At 10.06.2019 at 20:01, Grantovich said:

Guys, do not hesitate, go to YouTube and dislike this parasha. You look, it will work, they will correct ... Although whom I am deceiving, they will take out on a shovel in this form without hesitation ...

Deese naturally put it, but I think nothing will be fixed. The mistake here is that the game is initially made for the wrong audience. Old people were waiting for this game, but here, judging by the disgusting design, they are doing it for children, for whom I think the game will not be too interesting.

R
RoadHog 29.08.21

2 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Deese naturally put it, but I think nothing will be fixed. The mistake here is that the game is initially made for the wrong audience. Old people were waiting for this game, but here, judging by the disgusting design, they are doing it for children, for whom I think the game will not be too interesting.

an analogue of Super Lucky Tails, a cartoon for kids came out from under Phil's wing.

Better write a petition to fire Phil

K
Krauser 29.08.21

2 minutes ago, RoadHog said:

an analogue of Super Lucky Tails, a cartoon for kids came out from under Phil's wing.

Better write a petition to fire Phil

Well with Phil it's tough)

R
RoadHog 29.08.21

6 minutes ago, Krauser said:

yes no, all the rules. I did not follow the quality and in the end we have what we have.

S
SENEL 29.08.21

- Hand-drawn graphics 2.5D, 4K / HDR
- The game is being worked on by the chief animator of Earthworm Jim
- Co-op for three
- High difficulty (no journalist has passed the second level)
- David Wise is working on the music for the game

t
topsy_kcrets 29.08.21

2 hours ago, SENEL said:

High difficulty (no journalist passed the second level)

Oh, these games for children 

a
aRmOnDo 29.08.21

Why does the game look like it was made by two idiots in a flash? Comparisons with Kapehd are absolutely inappropriate, everything was actually drawn by hand, with soul and thousands of hours spent, I am generally amazed that Cuphead turned out so good. THIS IS TO compare with Cuphead, it's like Pixar to compare with some Studio Brenquedo, which sculpt ripoffs of popular cartoons. If the game is actually made by hand, it's just disgusting. Tell me right away, we use Flash, I would believe it. But you could really do something creative, why does everything look like this? I am not asking for ultra-realism, but this darkness also does not go in any way. As I saw this lanky Rush, I wanted to throw the phone out the window.

The point is not even that it looks childish, eight-bit toads are also not a sample of 18+ content. The problem is that the art looks absolutely pointless and kills the individuality of the original product. We made a bargain as soon as we could. It's just disgusting, the studio has the support of one of the largest corporations in the world, and we get shit that doesn't even come close even to the excellent 2D games from indie developers. Yes, they often laugh at indie, but there are eggs to make a truly original art, there is soul and originality in every pixel, and here it is as if another pitch for the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon of the 2010 model, cobbled together in a flash in half an hour. Damn it, the game about two deer looked much more interesting than this horror.

Obviously, nothing will be changed, too much time was killed for this, unless of course this squalor was really done by hand, you can't change this at the click of your fingers, I respect the work of animators too much to force them to redo everything, but the art is certainly terrible.

Modified on June 11, 2019 by aRmOnDo

A
Azzy 29.08.21

At 09.06.2019 at 23:35, Azzy said:

It looks more like a cuphead, an idiotic Ren and Stimpy show. The style itself is not suitable for battletoads.

I watched the video again and realized that I was very excited. Changed the original text so that no one else would be hurt. 

4 minutes ago, aRmOnDo said:

Comparisons to Kapehd hurt my heart

I'm sorry I didn't mean to. Cuphead is a masterpiece in terms of art.

a
aRmOnDo 29.08.21

Azzy No, I also exaggerated of course. Let's dwell on the fact that everything looks very bad.

A
Azzy 29.08.21

In general, I recorded my video about the impressions of E3, where I went through the toads too, but it probably won't come out. So here's a snippet for you.

There should be a pretentious MS-style splash screen - "Forum Exclusive"

n
n6x6n6x 29.08.21

At 10.06.2019 at 15:36, DriverUFO said:

Too childish, as if Disney were drawing toads. The game in the original was not, of course, bloody and gloomy, but the style was cooler there, well, the styles of the main bosses were already thrown off many times, the sultry sexy boss girl was turned into Kim from a Disney cartoon. 

e88edbff-69d9-a5a6-abb7-5610bff282b1

In general, the arcade version of the first part was cruel and bloody: after the blows blood flows from the enemies, the killed rats rot to the skeleton, the boss of the 2nd level is cut off the head with fantasizing blood (12:30).

Download video Download video

:

Modified on June 12, 2019 by n6x6n6x

B
Bogoroditsk 29.08.21

God, what a shit ...

the second part was one of my favorite childhood games.

everything looks just disgusting. here is the return of the battle toads ...

Streets of Rage 4 just looks better for a few goals

G
Grantovich 29.08.21

14 hours ago, Krauser said:

Phil really messes up, the x-boxing direction leaks, fire the fuck and that's it.

: 57a8bd5a43147_FROG2:

R
RoadHog 29.08.21

Hardcore and must-have - journalists praise Battletoads

This is the impression of the Battletoads remake among journalists after a personal acquaintance with the demo at E3 2019.

Phil's suitcases made themselves felt.

For what smelly newfagos the game is made. 

Won Shengmu 3 is made for oldfags, and it will hardly pay off, because beginners who had no connection with the previous parts will simply spit.

Therefore, these frogs are made exclusively for a new audience. Well don't care

Modified June 12, 2019 by RoadHog

S
SENEL 29.08.21

Generally speaking, I don’t like the drawing style itself, but rather what themes are chosen for the levels and how they are depicted. If you imagine some of the classic levels with such a drawing, then more or less ok.

L
Lex mercer 29.08.21

No live gameplay?

S
SJey 29.08.21

Here's the gameplay on the mozies. It looks really hardcore. This is probably the same level that the journalists could not pass.

https://twitter.com/NilOggier/status/1138756639409000448