3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Azzy 29.08.21 12:28 am

Battletoads

xU8xhPz.jpg

Genre: 2D Beat'm up

Developer: Microsoft Game Studio 

Publisher: Microsoft

Release date: 2019

124 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mountain View 29.08.21

At 06/18/2019 at 04:08 am, Lex Mercer said:

So I did not go through as a child :(

Dilettante) Why go there? Memorized each of the levels and business : 57a8bd5c741d1_FROG11:

J
Jordan. 29.08.21

there were portals

if speedrunning it was possible to skip levels through them

M
Mountain View 29.08.21

Here is a good example of how new Toads could be made. And don't soar your brain with this modern grafony and animation.

Enthusiasts from indie studio Merso X create a free fan game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Rescue-Palooza

In fact, this is a remake of the good old beat-em-ups of the NES times (Turtles In Time, for example) with adjustments for new levels, enemies and that's all. Looks great and can squeeze out a mean retro tear.

https://www.merso-x.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-rescue

d
delete 29.08.21

This is bad, the only thing I liked about the design of the city in the background.

L
Lex mercer 29.08.21

8 minutes with GC.

S
SolidQ 29.08.21

What a shame : 57a8bd5db44f9_FROG16:

Bezymiannyi.jpg

F
FreeFCA 29.08.21

Don't worry, they are not doing this for you.

S
SENEL 29.08.21

I would not say that everything is lost right away. Make it a little faster, fix the hitboxes, but the enemies are a little more active and quite ok.

Under the video, if you set at least 1.25 speed, it looks many times better, and it is more clear what is happening on the screen, because there is no such jelly.

Now I looked at the gameplay of the Street of Rage in the news, and to be honest. I would not say that it looks much better. More authentic, yes, but the same music after a couple of minutes began to put pressure on the brain, and the sounds are not to say that they are cool. There is no sound of the katana strike at all. Yes, and there is no particular smell of complexity from the outside.

t
topsy_kcrets 29.08.21

With one frog, at least you can understand what is happening on the screen.

S
SENEL 29.08.21

Damn, well, the pace is of course wildly slow, and not just speed, but even dragging out fights on one screen.

It would be better to make more screens and fewer waves of enemies on each. For example, fights where this horseradish appears on a skateboard last almost three and a half minutes and you can just fall asleep. Well, there would be a good action, so after all jelly.

I understand that they made a rating system and short, frequent battles break this concept a little, but then you just need to increase the pace of battles at the expense of the speed of the animations, so as not to drag out the battles too much and remove the jelly.

Modified on August 24, 2019 by SENEL

E
El Shadda1 29.08.21

x
xWhItEWoLFx 29.08.21

data-controller = "core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"

G
Grayharvey 29.08.21

They managed to make a bitmap in which nothing is clear on the screen when there are three enemies. My respect  : frog25:Well, the pace is fiercely slow, the toads were very dynamic, even without a sprint they moved faster, like the enemies. But we have a turbotunnel with obstacles on the half-screen. 

G
Grantovich 29.08.21

The first part of course was difficult, but I did not think that so many people who did not go through it were present here. The sad thing is what happened to the toads ... Of course, [SuperFill] is to blame for all this disgrace, who approved this shit.

BattletoadsRare.png

in 2020, something like this was supposed to look like fighting frogs.

13312528.jpg

Modified on August 3rd, 2020 by Azzy

B
Bristolq 29.08.21

I watch the trailer and think that it would be better if I played the conditional HD remaster of the first toads, which is a "rethinking".

What prevented you from giving the game a more modern and relevant look? Laziness?

Now every second indie platformer looks much better and more interesting than a game under the wing of non-poverty-stricken Microsoft.

Modified on August 1st, 2020 by Bristolq

4onoki 29.08.21

2 hours ago, Grantovich said:

in 2020, something like this was supposed to look like fighting frogs.

If you separate, as they say, from the chaff ... That is not much better, by the way. 

Feels like the last trailer slightly increased the dynamics. What was shown before was not felt at all ( 

G
Grantovich 29.08.21

30 minutes ago, 4onoki said:

If you separate, as they say, from the chaff ... That is not much better, by the way. 

I personally would like this level of performance, and those toads would quite harmoniously fit into this business. 

To modernize the music, but at the same time maintain the style and there would be order ...

4onoki 29.08.21

54 minutes ago, Grantovich said:

I personally would like this level of performance, and those toads would quite harmoniously fit into this business. 

Are you exactly the same battletods that I played? 

Absolutely does not convey what the old game is. So the style proposed by the T-shirts will be closer in spirit than this 3D miracle. 

But who am I to judge other people's tastes .. Yes. Sometimes you want something else, but it would definitely be a completely different game, and not "Battletodes" 

The game is not made on serious cabbage soup. She's comic, in a comic style .. Why bother her soulless 3D? She had to be done like some kind of Ryman, with minimal changes in the character design, but with high-quality animation. They did so in principle, only it looks too unusual at the level of stupid "perception". That's repulsive. 

Modified on August 1, 2020 by 4onoki

G
Grayharvey 29.08.21

The perfect modernization of the classics is the recent Streets of Rage 4. There, the style is consistent, and the gameplay is recognizable, but supplemented. 

k
kamui 29.08.21

I've already watched the last trailer and bastard. I was not a fan of old Toads, I liked them - yes, but they were impenetrable for my children's hands.

And now everything looks carbonaceous. What you need for a company.