3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
raiper 26.09.21 08:02 pm

Far Cry: Summary (Far Cry)

Well, in short, I went through this baidu at the level of a veteran regretted that I did not start on realistic almost fell asleep
there someone knocked knuckles on the monitor ....
let's say the game was created by people, to put it mildly, clearly far from battle tactics

for example !!!

I lie behind the Kustoi and, like in a shooting range, I shoot the creeping dolbo .... at this time 10 people come up from the side and wail "where is he ...." without shooting through the bushes, or throwing grenades ...
I throw grenades and shoot on the silhouettes behind the bushes ... no reaction ... then when everything calms down and I see a mountain of corpses ... and this is an advanced AI

monsters are just stupid bastards finally no problem

extinguish the monkey in the head, don't let jump

and you can just run away from the godzilla or 2 horns in the tower

Of course, everything is beautiful, but there is a lack of something ...
yes ... the atmosphere,

remembering Wolf, the engine of the game is ancient, but the atmosphere, brothers ... probably 10 times I probably passed Faro, I definitely won't be hooked anymore ...

but finally, lads, if you want to have a real thrill from console battle play Vietcong at the level of Vietnam (a la Realistic) really harder than the game, no I say as past many topics

here there is no armor, first aid kits,
limited ammunition of
no more than 2 guns in hand
there is no radar showing the enemy
and all this in the Jungle the

enemy is smart .. enters from several sides the
sniper unnoticed with one shot demolishes the tower;
enemies really scatter from the fallen grenade ...
but how they throw grenades it's just a holiday some kind of fucking tout not only knuckles
x ... knocking on the monitor
it's almost a real battle at the end of the mission, you just experience an orgasm from the consciousness of your own coolness .. ha ha the
game is really not for brakes and neurostenics. .
who let him try to survive Fest Alpha is prodolzhnie there even steeper.
128 Comments
Sort by:
J
JetRanger 26.09.21

benites
but what about the surroundings of a tropical island, bright colors, water with glare of sunlight?
This is a setting and design, not graphics. That's where they tried their best.

as a whole, a rather gray grafon Half-Life 2
In fact, it is very colored there. Here in the famous Cinematic Mod for HL2 - yes, there is a picture with a sort of "cinematic" gray filter a la "Matrix".

Traigen
At the junction of animations, there are overly abrupt movements. For example, when the weapon is thrown over the shoulder. Or when they drop their hands, stopping gesticulating when talking.
Another shot is now remembered: "... Yes, I know - you will not believe until I put the barrel to your forehead, but it is!". The rather sloppy animation is especially noticeable here.
These are all little things, just in Duma and Halfa all the little things have been polished, and the Kraiteks, apparently, did not have enough time to polish the game, unlike idSoftware and Valve.

PS: But personally, I still like FarCry more than any other game.

d
denk28 26.09.21

cool good game. there would be more of these
besides this is my first shooter. in this game everything is well done, some may not like this game, but this is a matter of taste. Yes, there are small glitches and minuses, but I did not pay (and do not pay) attention to them, and I was delighted with this game.
my rating is 10/10
for a funny storyline
for a funny remark of mercenaries
and for a unique atmosphere that 1st Far Cry gave us

J
John Lokk 26.09.21

Pros: The open world is beautiful. The enemies are not so much smart, how many are well placed, especially the grenade launchers and machine gunners. A lot of different weapons, some of them are even very pleasant to shoot. Good videos, some intrigue especially in anticipation of the ending. In some places the challenge is real.

Cons: saving by checkpoints, boxed design of some locations. The accuracy of bots, especially mutants, helicopters and boats is strange, the last stages, especially "Vulcan" will deliver hemorrhoids. A delusional story about a crazy doctor. Probably the only game with monsters is not scary at all.))) The duration here and there was delayed.

In general, the game is not bad and it is definitely worth one playthrough.

8 out of 10.

PS Of course half-life 2, which came out later, shocked me much more.

J
John Lokk 26.09.21

Well, at least in the fact that the mutant cattle thrash through the floor of the map in Carver.)) Yes, and from the boat too. By the way, in close combat and at medium range, there are no such problems at all.

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

John Lokk
Probably the only game with monsters is not scary at all.)))
Not the only one. The same Half-Life 2, for example, is not terrible at all (even in the notorious Ravenholm).

In some places the challenge is real.
Yes, he is there in general, this challenge. )) It is worth to gape, get confused or incorrectly calculate the actions - and that's it!

Cons: saving by checkpoints ...
Anyone else, but for me, checkpoints are what makes me act quickly, so that in case of death I lose less time. They are located quite conveniently in FarCry.
Besides, if it were possible to persist after every enemy killed, what would be the incentive to turn on the brain and think over at least some tactics?

... boxed design of some locations.
I don’t even remember what these levels are. Is that a couple of rooms in the "Volcano" ... The

duration here and there was delayed.
FarKraya is never too much! )) He is already diverse. This is not some "Halo" with its repeating identical rooms to be drawn out.

G
Gauguin 26.09.21

JetRanger By the
way, the graphics in FarCry were overrated for some reason. At the time of publication, of course, it was "maximum graphics". But in the same 2004, a more spectacular Doom 3 and a more realistic Half-Life 2 came out.
At that time I had a bucket of nails, I played all three at the minimum (and did not know then that there were maximum). Far Cry seemed to me the most beautiful of all. Now the computer is normal - all three games are at maximum speed, but Far Cry is still more beautiful. He looks good even by today's standards.

S
Shephаrd [USSR] 26.09.21

He looks good even by today's standards.
Some engines still cannot overtake the graphics quality of the first FC. What can we talk about?

B
Bell-206 26.09.21

JetRanger wrote: By the
way, the graphics in FarCry were overrated for some reason. At the time of publication, of course, it was "maximum graphics". But in the same 2004, the more spectacular Doom 3 and the more realistic Half-Life 2 came out.
And as soon as my tongue turned to say that.