3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
raiper 26.09.21 08:02 pm

Far Cry: Summary (Far Cry)

Well, in short, I went through this baidu at the level of a veteran regretted that I did not start on realistic almost fell asleep
there someone knocked knuckles on the monitor ....
let's say the game was created by people, to put it mildly, clearly far from battle tactics

for example !!!

I lie behind the Kustoi and, like in a shooting range, I shoot the creeping dolbo .... at this time 10 people come up from the side and wail "where is he ...." without shooting through the bushes, or throwing grenades ...
I throw grenades and shoot on the silhouettes behind the bushes ... no reaction ... then when everything calms down and I see a mountain of corpses ... and this is an advanced AI

monsters are just stupid bastards finally no problem

extinguish the monkey in the head, don't let jump

and you can just run away from the godzilla or 2 horns in the tower

Of course, everything is beautiful, but there is a lack of something ...
yes ... the atmosphere,

remembering Wolf, the engine of the game is ancient, but the atmosphere, brothers ... probably 10 times I probably passed Faro, I definitely won't be hooked anymore ...

but finally, lads, if you want to have a real thrill from console battle play Vietcong at the level of Vietnam (a la Realistic) really harder than the game, no I say as past many topics

here there is no armor, first aid kits,
limited ammunition of
no more than 2 guns in hand
there is no radar showing the enemy
and all this in the Jungle the

enemy is smart .. enters from several sides the
sniper unnoticed with one shot demolishes the tower;
enemies really scatter from the fallen grenade ...
but how they throw grenades it's just a holiday some kind of fucking tout not only knuckles
x ... knocking on the monitor
it's almost a real battle at the end of the mission, you just experience an orgasm from the consciousness of your own coolness .. ha ha the
game is really not for brakes and neurostenics. .
who let him try to survive Fest Alpha is prodolzhnie there even steeper.
128 Comments
Sort by:
P
PlayGround.ru 26.09.21

2 veteran: FarCry is an interesting game, with an atmosphere - this is the opinion of many humans. If you, for example, are a gambler who has gone through and through, zadrachivaet 10-15 hours a day (no offense), then your soul has withered, stiffened, hardened, became tough as a Kalash trunk and your feelings, unfortunately, have dulled. I have been playing akshin for a long time, this is my favorite style - the first game is wolf3d further corridor7, catakomb3d well, you get the idea and so on. So FaKray is an atmospheric story game - and not stupid, for example, Vietnamese / German meat. I play it emotionally - both tension (especially in closed rooms with creatures) and real drive in open areas and tactics and much more. And you try not to shoot from a distance and break into a bunch of mercenaries or creatures, see what happens? Well, at least they will turn away from the monitor and look out the window will not give it for sure-). So if you evaluate the entire gaming community on a 10-point system (1 - a beginner, the first time at the computer, 10 - this, judging by everyone, like you;) or a folder from an anril clan) and so the game likes / tightens / produces a strong impression / excites - for people from 3 to 8;). (NOT to be confused with age!;))

c
creator 26.09.21

And in general, why post here a discussion two years ago, that there are no other topics, or do you like to pour from empty to empty?

M
Midfield 26.09.21

I rate the game at: 9.5.

F
FarCryFC 26.09.21

Creator
Look when they wrote these posts! Not even half a year has passed since the game was released ...

T
TOMMY25 26.09.21

FAR CRY - SUPER GAME! There are flaws in any game, program, operating system, etc. By the way, really, there are very few secrets in the game. AI is average. Physics is not very good. And the shitty thing - Editor is not translated! (But I'm used to it).

F
Frank_Farmer 26.09.21

The game has already turned 3.5 (!!) years ... During this time, if such games (F.E.A.R., Stalker) came out, then it is certainly not better than FarKray ...

N
NedViD 26.09.21

so much time has passed +) I go through all the settings to max from the beginning +) and when it came out I passed it on 128 meter mx 4000 =) oh there were times =)

c
chasovschik 26.09.21

TOMMY25
Editor was translated, I first had FarCry on 4 discs later, and this year I bought it on DVD and also translated Editor. For me FarCry is better than STALKER and Half Life, although in recent games, although the goal is varied, but we will not start rolling in STLKER, and in Half Life, Gordon gets to Novoprospekt almost the entire game and there is too little territory for battle, you just know that you are flying to a break either by boat or by car, but for that you have to think logically and calculate the movements. so that the hero can climb, take objects, set fire to something, for example, extinguish the light so that the enemy does not see his movements, because basically in games you need to reach the goal, and not leave corpses behind, and sometimes this is not possible in FarCry.

T
T0R 26.09.21

Cool game

T
TOMMY25 26.09.21

chasovchik
I have a far cry dvd v.1.01 licensed, editor is not translated, can we be there where the language item is?

M
M Schumacher 26.09.21

I'm going through right now for the 4th or 5th time ... The only thing that infuriates is that at a realistic level, opponents hang unrealistic heads, and they themselves, as armored ones, release a clip in the chest-head and he doesn't care about anything ..
By the way, FarCry is one of the 3 games that in my license: D

A
AlexWake777 26.09.21

Guys, Crysis is out now.;)

M
M Schumacher 26.09.21

Actually, I have already passed it 3 times

C
COMBINe 26.09.21

In fact, soon Far Edge 2 will be released =)) And the first Far Edge is a gorgeous game =)))

J
Jedi Cat 26.09.21

In short, Far Cry game is beautiful but a little dumb (AI) ...

F
Frank_Farmer 26.09.21

Dumb artificial intelligence? Hmm ... For a game that came out in early 2004 - nothing at all, on a level! On the contrary, even in some reviews of that time, they pointed to the NICE AI of the enemies ... And if we compare the AI ​​with the one that the zombies from Doom3 demonstrate - and in general ...

A
Ashot_RM 26.09.21

AI at a realistic level for 2004 is excellent. Yesterday I decided to play, set it to the maximum settings and ... I am still delighted with such graphics, especially the beginning from the fifth level (entrance to the laboratory or whatever ...).

-
--Andrew-- 26.09.21

I agree with Ashot_RM, the game was ahead of its appearance of the year by 2-4.

F
Frank_Farmer 26.09.21

The only residue from the game is why, WHY has such a cool CryEngine engine not been used in any other (at least, as far as I know ..) game ?! System requirements are already below average by now, and the picture on high graphics is quite good! In my opinion, the game has surpassed Dum3 in beauty, but a lot of games, good and not very good ones, have already been released on the "Duma" engine (and there will be more, I have no doubt!), But what about CryEngine ?! Alas...

-
--Andrew-- 26.09.21

And for some reason, few mods came out ... Moreover, on CryEngine you can do the mods yourself, so to speak, in artisanal conditions))))
And finally it’s really a pity that the engine didn’t realize itself in other games.
Maybe Yubisoft just refused to resell it?

Some interesting information about the EdgeEndjine engine:
The CryEngine game engine is Crytek's first commercial engine. Its development was started immediately after the founding of the company. The engine was originally developed as a technology demonstration for the American company nVidia. However, at ECTS 2000 (European Computer Trade Show), Crytek impressed all the big publishers, visitors and journalists with their technical demo that was shown in the nVidia department. After that, based on the engine, it was decided to create 2 games - "X-Isle" and "Engalus". None of these games were ever released.
On May 2, 2002, Crytek officially announces that their CryEngine game engine is completely finished and ready for third party licensing. Crytek is also offering licensing its new development, the PolyBump software.
On March 26, 2004, the first commercial PC game from Crytek and the first game to use CryEngine - "Far Cry" - went to retailers.

When graphics cards were released with support for Pixel and Vertex Shaders version 3.0, Crytek developed version 1.2 of the engine, which used some of the capabilities of Pixel Shader 3 and Vertex Version 2.0b to improve graphics quality. The essence of the innovations came down to the fact that on difficult-lit objects, especially when forming relief images, according to the old version 1.1 (or 1.0), the illumination was calculated in several passes, which wasted very much the resources of the accelerators. The introduction of shaders 2.0b and 3.0 made it possible to place all these complex calculations in one very long shader that fits only in the 2.0b and 3.0 specifications. The engine also uses Polybump technology, a special way to create textures that makes them appear bumpy (bumpy). Unlike Bumpmapping, where normal maps are used to create the volumetric texture, Polybump uses real polygons. This leads to the fact that games on the CryEngine engine are quite processor-dependent. However, this version of the engine contained a number of bugs, and therefore the patch was withdrawn.

Later, the company developed version 1.3, which improved and debugged previous technologies, as well as added compression for normal maps (DXTC5 for nVidia video cards and 3Dc for ATI video cards) and HDR. Geometry Instancing technology has also been added.

On August 3, 2004, the CryEngine MOD SDK was officially released - a set of additional tools for the CryEngine engine and the Sandbox 1 level editor. CryEngine MOD SDK is available for free download.

On September 15, 2004, an updated version of the CryEngine MOD SDK was released, which included the PolyBump plugin, the CryExporter tool for importing models from 3ds Max and Maya, and a guide to working with artificial intelligence.

On May 10, 2005 Crytek announced a patch for "Far Cry", which brought AMD64 technology support into the game.

And here are the games in which this engine was used)))
Far Cry (2004, PC) - Crytek, Ubisoft
Far Cry Instincts (2005, Xbox) - Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft
Far Cry Instincts: Evolution (2006, Xbox) - Ubisoft Montreal , Ubisoft
Far Cry Instincts: Predator (2006, Xbox 360) - Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft
Far Cry Vengeance (2006, Wii) - Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft
Aion: Tower of Eternity (2008, PC) - NCsoft, NCsoft (Would NEVER have guessed what is CryEngine)

Thank you for your attention!