3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HuKuTKKo 07.10.21 09:32 pm

How do I enable anti-aliasing? (Mass Effect 2)

PEOPLE I ask you not to yell,
I just want to know how to turn on anti-aliasing, otherwise I did kvk there they say and not a fig
Vidyuha ATI HD4850
Thanks in advance
94 Comments
Sort by:
m
mister611 07.10.21

CommonGrave- as if I slowed down, I launch the first option, correct the comment, thanks for playing))

s
serjik77 07.10.21

I can't understand why you include something there? In my opinion, anti-aliasing is turned on in the game settings. or is it anisotropic filtering?

H
Heni reni 07.10.21

yes no anti-aliasing in the game settings

s
serjik77 07.10.21

as not when I have! in the settings of the game itself, when you start it, there is no, but when the window appears at startup where the buttons to play, documentation, there is a configuration button, and it has a setting for everything in sound and video, including anti-aliasing from 2 to 16. What else anti-aliasing is not entirely clear to you :)

A
AlexWake777 07.10.21

serjik77, for the future: "Anisotropic filtering" is NOT antialiasing, but, so to speak, the quality of rendering, texture processing. In English, "Anisotropic Filtering".

And "anti-aliasing" is "Antialiazing" and there is absolutely no such item in the "MassEffect2" settings.
And the fact that you don’t notice the lack of anti-aliasing means either you have a good, high resolution on the monitor, or you really “don’t notice”, because you simply did not see how much cooler the game looks with good anti-aliasing.
So there is no need to mislead people here. Ato no one really noticed the anti-aliasing in the settings, but you were the only one. =)

Xolodec, maybe you have enabled the display of the "file extension" and you, along with the renaming, also delete ".

DimanAnticrizis wrote:
"I have a launcher in the folder in general"

It is there for everyone. But there is not only a launcher, but there are also other folders.;)
We are not specifically interested in "MassEffect2Launcher", we do not need it at all.
We are interested in "MassEffect2", which is located in the "Binaries" folder, which is located in the game folder.
Rename this same "MassEffect2" by deleting "2" to get a simple "MassEffect".
Well, or someone else is changing into something, I don't know. The banal deletion of the "deuce" was enough for me, and the smoothing worked smoothly as it does.

Well, remember that after renaming, you need to start the game only through the executable, well, or through a shortcut,
Because "Launcher" will become useless after that, neither "Play" or "Configuration" will be displayed in it.;)

PS In my opinion, it is better not to play in "MassEffect2" without anti-aliasing. Because the picture looks much, much worse. Just "heaven-and-earth", if you compare the graphics "ME2" with enabled and disabled anti-aliasing.
So try, try, fight, those who have not gotten to know how to turn it on, but, damn it, turn it on.
Because "ME2" is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. But without anti-aliasing, you will never see this.

s
serjik77 07.10.21

AlexWake777 ATP that explained what is what. I thought Anisotropic Filtering is what it is, set it to 16. In fact, the game looks so great without turning on anything else, and I did not see anything anywhere in the Antialiazing item in the video card settings (Radeon 4850). I remember that anti-aliasing could have been turned on in GTA4, but the picture there became somehow blurry, if here it gives the same effect, then I'd better leave it as it is. In general, it is strange if it is so demanded by the players, then why was it not included in the game options :)

A
AlexWake777 07.10.21

serjik77 wrote:
"I remember that anti-aliasing could have been turned on in GTA4, but the picture there became somehow blurry, if here it gives the same effect, then I'd better leave everything as it is."

Don't even compare .;)
Remember the "ME2" engine, this is Unral Engine3,5, the one on which the last "Batman" runs. And there, let me remind you, 16Q anti-aliasing was supported in the options themselves and the game looked great.
There is no question of any "blurring". The picture in ME2 with anti-aliasing turned on looks like a pre-rendered animation film. I mean, perfect.

PS I will "advertise" this game in all available ways here, as I once "advertised" "Uncharted2".
Because such games are piece products,

"In general, it is strange if it is so demanded by the players, why was it not included in the game options :)"

I myself am at a loss. =)

S
St_DMon 07.10.21

2 AlexWake777
Hmm .. what video drives do you run on? Simply on NVidia, you can add any application to the list and set the settings for it (that is, you do not need to rename anything, but select the exe-shnik ME2 in the explorer). Although, I did not notice much difference (by 17 "at 1280x1024) with 16Q and without. 8)

X
Xolodec 07.10.21

AlexWake777, thanks for responding. Yes, I tried both just MassEffect and MassEffect.exe, etc.
Screen itself (renamed to UT3 (UT3.exe does not work either))
http://immage.de/image-8,02026f36.jpg,0,0.html

s
sam lesley 07.10.21

2 AlexWake777
thanks for the help)) but still I will write in more detail, tk. I could hardly find it myself ...
so.
1. Control panel
2. 3D
parameters 3. Managing 3D parameters
4. Instead of "Global parameter" we put "Program settings"
5. Select a program to configure. Add.
6. Let's want to the root of the game, there we find the echo renamed under MassEffect ...
7.Smoothing-parameters .. "set"
8.Smoothing-mode .. "Replacing application settings" is

ready .. I repeat that I just described the path in more detail, indicated AlexWake777

ps I have 16x, but 16q is not .. buggy
, what's the difference ??

s
serjik77 07.10.21

I found it, connected it, the picture really became like a rendered video, though there was no big difference from what it was before ... yes, in the general background, the picture became smoother, but the truth is that the brakes have appeared, and it is no longer very comfortable to play. In the katalist I set lewel at 8x, and the wide filter - tent at 16x. (there are 4 filters in total: box, narrow-tent, wide-tent, edge-detect) maybe you did something wrong? I also turned on the Adaptive Anti-aliasing function on the Qulity, Maybe I turned on the brakes more because of what?

Z
Zeleny [Gaoss] 07.10.21

Guys! By God, I already did all the recommendations I did everything I did as you write, anti-aliasing is not turned on in the game. Firewood Nvidia 185.85, (they came with clean Windows weigh a gig) what else to do what else can you do please help, otherwise I can't play like that.

S
SS86Precursor 07.10.21

DimanAnticrizis, the difference is that, for xQ, nada or a powerful vidyuha or SLI, that is, 2 vidyuhi, which is responsible for physics separately. Therefore, the brakes.

S
SS86Precursor 07.10.21

[new user], update firewood or something ...

Z
Zeleny [Gaoss] 07.10.21

the fact is that I play games without brakes, and somehow earlier on another Windows I updated these firewood, I thought the nfs shift would go better as the developers wrote, shish! so I think for the sake of one game to demolish, it's dumb, there are other assumptions that can I do more ?!

s
serjik77 07.10.21

played with the inclusion and adjustment of anti-aliasing and disabled it, the brakes are wild, it is impossible to play. And this is on a 4850 radeon and 4 g of memory and a 4-yard process. I think that is why it was not included as an option in the game due to its incorrect operation ...

K
KING0 07.10.21

2serjik77 is the same, the percentage is slightly weaker, and everything else is the same, the brakes are wild, although it is clear that the game is simply not optimized for them ... on consoles, in general, do not care about anti-aliasing, half of the people there do not know what the graphics setting is and what is possible in games install bad quality))

Z
Zeleny [Gaoss] 07.10.21

How do you turn it on! I danced with a tambourine, anyway, anti-aliasing on nvidia does not turn on (((

A
AlexWake777 07.10.21

St_DMon wrote:
"Hmm .. and what video drives do you run on? It's just that on NVidia you can add any application to the list and set the settings for it (that is, you don't need to rename anything, but select the exe-shnik ME2 in the explorer). I did not notice much difference (by 17 "at 1280x1024) with 16Q and without. 8) "

Yes, any methods are good, if only they worked. For me, for example, it was easiest for the executable to change the name and set forced anti-aliasing for the entire system through the control panel, etc. Although, to be honest, I always have anti-aliasing there, for any game it is forced to 16Q. I'm used to it, I'm spoiled. The

video driver I have is the latest one (I downloaded it a week ago, so if it's even newer, then it's not much newer;)) - 196.21

Zeleny [Gaoss] wrote:
"Firewood Nvidia 185.85, (came with clean Windows weigh gig)"
Well, you give it!
What do you think the developers just write chtoli in the documentation for their games "for the stable operation of the program, the latest drivers are needed".
And your firewood already has a lot of time.
Urgently download the latest firewood for your vidyahi from the site "nvidia.ru". And don't even argue. Nvidia never made bad firewood and many of them really improved the work of some games.
So discard paranoia. And install new ones.
Just before installing, first completely remove the old firewood, through "add and remove programs". Then restart the computer and then install new ones.
This takes 10 minutes, and it will come in handy.;)

Serjik77 wrote:
"Maybe I turned on the brakes more because of what?"

This is quite possible. It's a pity I don't understand the radion settings at all. As with GeForse2MMX, I once "started", so I never get off with Nvidia.

And, for example, I have a GTX260. Played Burnout: Paradise. Estesno everything "flies", since the game is optimized a little more than fucking.
And then, in general, my younger brother came to me, played "The Witcher". Well, I cut him down through the "Nvidia Control Panel" all sorts of anti-aliasing - anti-aliasing. (Burnout did not support forced anti-aliasing (it was enabled only through the menu of the game itself), so I turned it off in the "panel").
Well, in general, my brother left, I launch Burnout and ... I feel something nito. How not to say that it began to slow down, but, damn it, if before it was super smooth, now, sometimes the picture began to "slow down", rare, but for a spoiled eye, noticeable "micro-twitching" appeared.
I think "what the fuck."

In short, it turned out that there in the "Nvidia panel" there is a fad "gamma correction" and, in short, I turned it on.
I still have it turned on, actually. Yes, it is practically always on and does not slow down the work of games in any way. All, except, as it turned out, "Burnout Paradise". Therefore, for this game, I disable this "add-on". The picture does not get worse (does not change at all), but the game runs at super speeds.
Those.

I just remembered it so that you could sort it out at your place. Really, it is possible that I even cut in too much. Some thread useless, but "gluttonous" function for a particular game.
In general, good luck with finding out.;)

s
serjik77 07.10.21

Well, on the radeon, apparently it makes no sense to turn on anti-aliasing .... there are about a dozen of them! you put 16x or 8x (wide-tent, edge-detect modes) the brakes start at a speed of 10-15 frames every second, when the box, narrow-tent is turned on, the brakes disappear, but the picture remains unchanged. Possibly for Nvidia, enabling anti-aliasing gives a positive result, but on ati cards there is zero sense from it, so turning anti-aliasing on radios is useless ...