3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DogiSTER 28.10.21 10:37 pm

Hot discussions of the pros and cons of the game (Risen 2: Dark Waters)

It seems to be not bad, but I liked the first part more.
68 Comments
Sort by:
P
PASCHOK_93 28.10.21

Personally, I’m missing the signature Hey .... Hey you ......

A
A_R_S_E_N_A_L 28.10.21

Pros
+ Beautiful world, wandering around the islands very interesting
+ The plot, dialogues, etc., the characters of the characters are shown, (true, our localizers * killed the game *)
+ Fight! Yes, yes, normal combat, we got these console transfers. Yes, and it was easy: fired from a musket-somersault backwards-again shot-again a somersault, etc., and so you need to think.
+ Non-linearity
+ There are no loading screens on the islands, i.e. there are no loads when entering / leaving the caves.
+ No target markers for quests
+ Clear pumping
Cons
-Graphics do not meet the requirements
-Bad animation
-Camera behavior in battle
-Traps, because they got me
-Design of caves / temples
-And most importantly poor localization

P
PNC 28.10.21

The pros, and so everything is already listed above, I will note the cons in my opinion:
- flat Paty
- weak graphics
- no interaction with the port ladies (like in Whitcher)
- map and structuring of the quests received
- a simplified weapon system (n r can be taken even in at the very beginning, a cool sword / pistol, in Gothic 1.2 to take a cool weapon it was necessary to pump exactly the skill for a certain weapon damage, they did not bother here)
- you can't swim
- few quests
- there are no crosses on the map for some quests
- idiotic traps
- poor interior caves
- frequent rain !!!
- no time rewinding
- hell you will understand how much time is right now, nowhere is there information about the current time
- the ending, very upset, it is clear that they were in a hurry and crumpled up in the temple of water, there is nothing, no decorations, empty on the sides of the arena, it is clear that they planned to do something there but did not have time and so threw it.
- scam with further DLC releases

U
UNATCO 28.10.21

When I played parts 1 and 2 for the first time I liked part 1 more, but I replayed in 2 rounds I was more pleased with the 2nd part, and in part 1 it pissed off at the end, go collect 5 figovin and kill a bunch of lizards .. it really bothered it .. although it was 200 strength ... in 2 parts the music is more soulful and the atmosphere too .. pirate theme is what you need .. hippie good fellows .. I hope the 3rd will not disappoint

K
KPOJINKC 28.10.21

Passed the game, albeit a little late. I bet and tried to play even at the time of release. But then it was still buggy, and there were other games. All in all. abandoned for the time being. And just recently, the Humble Bundle has the opportunity to take it almost for free. I decided to return, and the patch came out and was finished by "craftsmen".
The game dragged on. I don't know much about Gothic, I played only part 3, which I really liked. Gradually you get involved, then you didn't want to quit. The Piranha's handwriting is felt. The plot, though banal, is interesting. Diverse and colorful characters. I am not very interested in the pirate theme, but everything is great here. I confess the "gothic" story with magic, elves and orcs is already corny GOT. This topic was so run over in other games that Risen did not master the first one. In general, it's time to drain the rating of such games. Let them come up with something new. It's great that the Piranhas have changed the setting, without prejudice to the genre. It's hard to say about the schedule. On the one hand, the tropics buried in greenery, ancient temples, port cities are beautiful and original. On the other hand, primitive animation, repetition of faces (sometimes 2, or even 3 and 4 times), "
In general, the game has no "drawbacks" for me. There are just "fly in the ointment" a little annoying at first, then receding into the background. It is precisely the lack of budget and time that is felt. So I think it is wrong to judge Piranhas for this. Most likely, the publisher was in such a hurry to throw the game onto the market that many bugs remained in the game, the last islands were clearly completed in a hurry (all corridors and poor locations). The RPG system is also quite sparse, illogical and artificially overblown. Even from the point of view of common sense, "fluff" and "intimidation" can in fact be replaced by "eloquence", "guns" and "muskets" can be combined into "firearms", as well as "stabbing" and "chopping" can be combined into "cold weapons" ... And the so-called. "Voodoo magic" is generally stuck into the game at random. If you go through the Voodoo branch, the tasks become more interesting, but in everyday gameplay, there is no sense at all from it. For RPGs, this magic system looks incredibly flawed.
"Partner" - why? If we already have terminator partners throughout the game?
"Alchemy" - why is it here at all? It would make sense from the very beginning, as long as our character is weak, but by the middle (when she appears) and at the end of the game, the stats are not weak anyway. It doesn't make much sense anymore. On medium difficulty, I drank 5 in the whole game.
"Scepter" is also "not fish, not meat." Only one has any meaning, the rest are unnecessary rubbish.
Since this is voodoo, where is the Zombie challenge? Where is the transition to a parallel world? This theme is quite rare in games, Piranhas could perfectly beat it. And so dullness, and only.
For that there is humor in the game, and it is not typically tortured outhouse, but unobtrusive and ironic. From some moments in general "whinnying like a horse." For example, in one of the tombs, when you try to take a golden mask, a guardian spirit appears, threatens us with death if you steal it, then disappears. So if you try to steal the mask for the second time, the guard appears again and says - "I warned you, why are you doing this?" ! ". Isn't it great? And as partners insert their "3 kopecks" into the GG's conversations with other NPCs, so generally fire.
As a result, I will take off a point from 10 points for general imperfections and bugs, and another point for a miserable RPG component. A total of 8 points. Must play

T
Tatarin2 28.10.21

although I passed this game already a month ago, but still, as an amateur GOTIKA 3, I could not resist my opinion in this game, since GOTIKA is in second place for me.
I'll write that the game is very adventurous, although the beginning is, to put it mildly, very protracted, since you go almost all the beginning roughly speaking on one garbage, and as the current begins to appear your ship, you go to all four directions of the world, in short, wherever your eyes are looking. a couple more things, and this is that as a pirate cannot swim, and that is, you dive into any place and in a couple of seconds you will appear at any checkpoint. Although every fool, not like a professional, knows that pirates have swam from time immemorial and how, and it upset me a lot. I didn’t like the fact that in the game the characters don’t die with whom you go, it seems they definitely didn’t want to copy the game GOTIKA 3, where everything and everyone can be covered up forever. As for the conversations, they are not so big in the game, but not yet If you talk completely, you will not be able to find out as much information as possible, if, for example, zero at all.I liked in the game that the plot is cool and there are dirty tricks, the rest of the statistical characteristics I barely understood at all. The game itself was at an easy level, since the games did not become very interesting as before, but I did great difficulty when I recorded a video for someone , so that I don’t think that I’m a hilyak. The game, of course, there are no built-in buttons for recording screenshots and videos, and even when you press the print, you’ll write a screen without a program for yourself, than shoot the game itself. , but shaved when checking with a regular picture through PRINTSCRINE. I liked the final melody and it seems like there is no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I did not notice them.I barely understood the rest of the statistical characteristics. The game itself was at an easy level, since the games did not become very interesting as before, but I did great difficulty when I recorded a video for someone, so that I did not think that I was sick. the game, of course, does not have built-in buttons for recording screenshots and videos, and even when you press the print, you would rather prescribe the screen without a program than shoot the game itself. This is what I wanted to joke one to shoot the boxes in the air, but I shaved when checking with a regular snapshot through PRINTSCRINE. the final melody and there seems to be no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I did not notice them.I barely understood the rest of the statistical characteristics. The game itself was at an easy level, since the games did not become very interesting as before, but I did great difficulty when I recorded a video for someone, so that I did not think that I was sick. the game, of course, does not have built-in buttons for recording screenshots and videos, and even when you press the print, you would rather prescribe the screen without a program than shoot the game itself. This is what I wanted to joke one to shoot the boxes in the air, but I shaved when checking with a regular snapshot through PRINTSCRINE. the final melody and there seems to be no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I did not notice them.Well, I made a great deal of difficulty when I recorded a video for someone, so that I didn't think that I was a hilyak.In the game, of course, there are no built-in buttons for recording screenshots and video, and even when you press the print, you will write the screen for yourself rather than shoot the game itself This I mean that I wanted to make a joke to shoot the boxes in the air, but I shaved when checking with a regular picture through PRINTSCRINE. I liked the final melody and there seems to be no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I didn't notice them.Well, I made a great deal of difficulty when I recorded a video for someone, so that I didn't think that I was a hilyak.In the game, of course, there are no built-in buttons for recording screenshots and video, and even when you press the print, you will write the screen for yourself rather than shoot the game itself This I mean that I wanted a joke to shoot the boxes in the air, but I shaved when checking with a regular picture through PRINTSCRINE. I liked the final melody and it seems like there is no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I didn't notice them.but I shaved when checking with a regular picture through PRINTSCRINE. I liked the final melody and it seems like there is no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I did not notice them.but I shaved when checking with a regular picture through PRINTSCRINE. I liked the final melody and it seems like there is no freeplay, although there were additional dls that I could not start, or they were simply built into the storyline and I did not notice them.

m
marsh resident 28.10.21

Risen 2 unfortunately completely crossed out everything that I liked in the first part

_
_TEZ_ 28.10.21

marsh resident
no one wrote in this thread for 8 years, and here you are :)