3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkon 31.10.21 11:17 am

FEAR

I remembered another, I think, future HIT, and decided to make a topic about this game. Well, who knows what? I know that MONOLITH is doing it, or whatever, on a new engine, and not on Lithtech, which I think is not difficult to notice. I saw a long video on gambling addiction, I don't remember which one, 5 months ago, I can say that the plot will be with mysticism, some girls from Calls with hair on their faces ... In general, the video shows that it will be some kind of horror-FPS. A lot of blood, etc. It will be a mixture of everything that is good in Doom3 and everything that is in Half 2.: D
From doom: cool graph, but in my opinion with soft shadows, and rather dark levels. Darkness is here for the same purpose for which the Silent Hill series needs it, and not for what Doom needs it - so as not to interfere with the gamer's sleep: D. From half: Cool cinematography, interactivity and plot. So, at least now it seems. Well, of course, like almost all FPS, the plot is not linear. Missions can be done in different ways. MAY BE...

123 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cooller 31.10.21

It's time to buy RAM. Giga is clearly not enough.

S
Strange 31.10.21

2 gig of operatives? - yes they didn’t fucking eat there for an hour? Hmm ... But for the sake of one game, I will not even upgrade the video and increase the operative ...
And how much does the deme weigh there? - at least to test on a friend's wheelbarrow ...

M
Moty 31.10.21

Demo - 660MB.
Something they are big in recent times have gone.

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

[quote name = "Moty"] Demo - 660MB.
Something they are big in the last time went. [/ Quote]
On AG it was compressed to 300 with a large tail, but it will be available for general viewing only on the 9th.

PS >>> * Rozzin turned to rotary at 6800 *

G
Guest 31.10.21

I'll finally start playing my GF6600GT in full force, otherwise not a single game has yet to fill up my card: razz: (Doom3 at 1600 by 1200 and 8AA 16AF does not count: razz:: razz:)

Kick- ass what an influx:
[url = http : //www.uksepood.ee/ppc.JPG] www.uksepood.ee/ppc.JPG [/ url]

G
Guest 31.10.21

I downloaded, installed, played.

A cinematic introduction, some incomprehensible video clips in the style of "Ring", anomalous phenomena, cinematic credits, a high level of graphics - all this pleases. The game adjusts itself to the PC configuration. Under the Pentium 4 3.0Ghz processor, the game set the physics to maximum, but the GF6600GT card was not enough to set all the parameters to high. However, only the amount of video memory was not enough. The game runs without brakes at 1024 by 768, all effects are at maximum, texture resolution medium, video resolution medium, AF & AAno. Here is a screenshot on these settings [url = http: //www.uksepood.ee/fear.JPG] www.uksepood.ee/fear.JPG [/ url]
Graphically, FEAR is clearly better than all its competitors - Doom3, Half-life2. Here and the illumination of the doom and some water almost equal to the level we saw in Half-life2, no square doom heads and blurry half-life textures. Everything is very beautiful, especially in slowMo under the beautiful special effect of falling off plaster, glass scattering into small pieces, blurring space with shots of bullets (like in The Matrix) and a spectacular shooting of the enemy's flesh trying to perform one of the acrobatic stunts. There are also disadvantages in the schedule: slightly angular clothes, a miserable car that will take the main character to the beginning of the level ... you can still find fault with something.
The gameplay is pleasing. A big role was played by a good (already noticed glitches) AI, a variety of weapons, SlowMo, the possibility of hand-to-hand combat. To all this, the game offers a good atmosphere, a sea of ​​fear and a confusing and incomprehensible plot from the demo. Physics is not connected with gameplay and plays a purely decorative role. You can't roll barrels, throw pallets and solve physics puzzles. This is a game with a more dynamic gameplay, this is the so-called real shooter without additives. Moreover, old ideas are presented here in an interesting, original way.

S
Sinev 31.10.21

Played ...
There was a persistent feeling of throwing his 4200 in the trash.
I was pleased with everything except the plot. It was necessary to make a mega-trick about a soldier who does what he is told. Like a movie "predator". Although this is just a tediousness of the person for whom it slows down: sad:

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

[quote name = "Sinev"] Played ... I
got a persistent feeling of throwing my 4200 in the trash.
I was pleased with everything except the plot. It was necessary to make a megajack about a soldier who does what they tell him. [/ Quote] I
played the demo and already judges the plot :?

G
Guest 31.10.21

set high textures. the graphics were immediately transformed, but a healthy swap appeared, but the FPS is stable. Still AA4x - everything looked wonderful :)

But the GF6600GT rules. I put soft shadows and truncated and other and all the special effects and wrote to me that they say these shadows eat a lot and do not slow down. I would only have 256 video memory and 512 operatives - a fairy tale would be: up:

here is a screenshot with high textures in SlowMo
[url = http: //www.uksepood.ee/FEAR2.jpg] www.uksepood.ee/FEAR2.jpg [/ url]

[quote] There was a persistent feeling of throwing your 4200 in the trash. [/ quote]
What graphics do you play with?

S
Sinev 31.10.21

At low, the fps is still crappy, and it swaps all the time. : sad:

L
Lucifer 31.10.21

So far I haven’t pumped the dam, but I think that on such a wheelbarrow with the maximum setting it will not even go but fly-AMD64 3500 +, operativa1gig, videoRadeon x800pro, mother of ASUS A8W Deluxe

D
Distorter 31.10.21

[quote name = "Tommy"]

Still, the GF6600GT rules. [/ quote]

What about the GeForce 6600 without GT ?? 256 megs of video. What do you think I can pull (and approximately with what settings)?

PS: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ and 512 MB Ram are still up to the heap

S
Strange 31.10.21

The usual 6600 sales are not nearly equal to GTs, as far as I remember on 6600 there is an ordinary ancient DDR1 memory with a frequency of 500 MHz (versus 1000 with a nominal and 1200 with an overclocked to 6600GT) - on my FX5600 and then 550 with a nominal value + the frequency of the main chip is also lower. So you won't see those high settings, the middle peasant will probably be the maximum that will pull ... Another 512 operatives - I suppose it will be soooo lagging, I think gig operatives are needed here at least for a comfortable game, if they recommend 2 gig ...
And 6600GT certainly fulfills its money for 200% if not more, great vidyaha ...

S
Sinev 31.10.21

The disadvantage of this video is heating and the ability to chip the chip if handled carelessly. Plus a high-quality PSU.

S
Strange 31.10.21

Well, I don’t know who has any troubles there, but my device (Gigabyte 6600GT) did not heat up above 56C at the highest loads + why is this nonsense about a chip chip during some kind of treatment? Well, the PSU for me is an elite no-name for 350W for 600R - I didn't seem to observe any problems ...

S
Sinev 31.10.21

Strange all really no complaints.
It's just that a friend's leadtek was warming up over 100 degrees (after installing the zalman it became normal)
With a PSU, in general, a lottery can work for you at 230 and quietly fail at 300. It's
easy to chip a chip when replacing the same fan + [url] http: // www. thg.ru/graphic/20050409/geforce_6600-27.html
[/ url] Just like the stars will become, but in general the map is a thing, there is no dispute here. [/ url]

A
ANTIBIOTIK 31.10.21

I'll try it on 6800GT >>> AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1gig memory

G
Guest 31.10.21

[Quote] Strange [/ quote]
Yes, I would not say that with 512 lags. Swap when there is not enough video memory, and so there are no lags. Although the downloads of the levels are long - comparable to the download of Far Cry.

[size = 75] Added on Aug 07, 2005, 9:44 am: [/ size]

Here I set the textures to medium, and everything else to the maximum, 1024/768 AA4x, AF4x. There is no swap, fps below 30 does not fall at all. In short, the duum3 is a flaw for sure. Both for hardware and for gameplay. FEAR rules: up:

Here are screenshots with these settings
[url = http: //www.uksepood.ee/fear] www.uksepood.ee/fear [/ url]

There is one screenshot where I am with a pistol behind the wall and the sight is aimed at the corpse and the shelf that fell according to the script, but the person crawled under the shelf strictly not according to the script, so I already went through the demo three times, and this was the first time I saw this. In short, computer opponents who are faced with any obstacle (fallen regiment, garbage, etc.) will calmly overcome it. Also, rivals are fast, attack together, skillfully use grenades and generally play with them interestingly.

S
Strange 31.10.21

Mdyaya, the graphon pleases ... Damn, I should get this DeMouy yourself ...

G
Guest 31.10.21

So go to the computer. club. Take 100 rubles with you and the disc is empty. The deme is swinging at 1Mbit (in clubs it will be faster) in 1.5 hours. : wink: