3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkon 31.10.21 11:17 am

FEAR

I remembered another, I think, future HIT, and decided to make a topic about this game. Well, who knows what? I know that MONOLITH is doing it, or whatever, on a new engine, and not on Lithtech, which I think is not difficult to notice. I saw a long video on gambling addiction, I don't remember which one, 5 months ago, I can say that the plot will be with mysticism, some girls from Calls with hair on their faces ... In general, the video shows that it will be some kind of horror-FPS. A lot of blood, etc. It will be a mixture of everything that is good in Doom3 and everything that is in Half 2.: D
From doom: cool graph, but in my opinion with soft shadows, and rather dark levels. Darkness is here for the same purpose for which the Silent Hill series needs it, and not for what Doom needs it - so as not to interfere with the gamer's sleep: D. From half: Cool cinematography, interactivity and plot. So, at least now it seems. Well, of course, like almost all FPS, the plot is not linear. Missions can be done in different ways. MAY BE...

123 Comments
Sort by:
S
SeYazh 31.10.21

Due to the fact that I do not have the opportunity to play games on a PC now, I downloaded a video walkthrough of the demo version. Apart from the mysterious girl, slo-mo and elements of horror at the end of the demo, there is nothing interesting. I don't think the final version will surprise you with anything. In general, this is a normal FPS, which does not really shine with graphics. And the requirements, as I understand it, for the game are not small. And if someone for the sake of such games makes an upgrade of their PC, then it's at least stupid.
PS: I expected more from the game ... much more. And it is not necessary to say that I am judging only by the demo version, sometimes one glance is enough.

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

The graphics are judged by the video clip 400 * 300 stretched to the full screen ...: rotfl:
Ehh .. AI is progressing, the graphics are at the level, realism too ... and someone is treading on a settled place 2 years ago: gigi:

G
Guest 31.10.21

[quote name = "SeYazh"] Due to the fact that I am not able to play games on a PC now, I downloaded a video walkthrough of the demo version. Apart from the mysterious girl, slo-mo and elements of horror at the end of the demo, there is nothing interesting. I don't think the final version will surprise you with anything. In general, this is a normal FPS, which does not really shine with graphics. And the requirements, as I understand it, for the game are not small. And if someone for the sake of such games makes an upgrade of their PC, then it's at least stupid.
PS: I expected more from the game ... much more. And no need to say that I judge only by the demo version, sometimes just one glance is enough. [/ Quote]
The game runs faster than Doom3 and has better graphics. 512 RAM is enough with textures for medium.

As for the game itself, the plot is mysterious. That is, who is where and why is not clear. I like it.
The videos, the design itself, the style - also five.
The gameplay is shooting. This is understandable, because this is a shooter. But all this was done very well. So it's cool in SlowMo to shoot the forehead with a pistol in the leg, enjoy the splatter of blood, and then hit the enemy with a kick from the leg in the jaw. Yes, it's cool there. I would really like the possibility of a third-person view, and more hand-to-hand combat techniques :)
And plaster, smoke, objects flying around - this is real shooting from a machine gun: up:: uzi:, and not just sprite fire and taking lives from the enemy by aiming cross to the enemy. This is shooting, so is shooting.
There are more than enough weapons in the demo.
AI is pleasing in comparison with all other shooters.

In short, play, and do not watch the video. I put the game at the level of Half-life 2.: up:: up:

S
SeYazh 31.10.21

[quote name = "Molodnyak"] Judging the graphics by the video clip 400 * 300 stretched to full screen ...: rotfl: [/ quote] The
clairvoyant of you is a fig: gigi :, the resolution of my video is 960x720, it is enough to evaluate the quality of graphics : razz :.

[b] Tommy [/ b]
There will be an opportunity - I'll play to evaluate this FPS in more detail, but there is no particular desire. Because all this has already happened, nothing attractive, the newcomer is dropped out of the car and he immediately begins to put one after another packs, apparently this is how it should be according to the plot.

G
Guest 31.10.21

Well, this is not a special forces simulator. It's a shooter :)

D
Distorter 31.10.21

[quote name = "Tommy"] The game is faster than Doom3 and has better graphics. 512 RAM is enough with textures for medium.

[/ quote]
Strange as that. One says that my computer is barely enough to play with medium settings (AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512 ram, Geforce 6600 256 mb), another says that the game "runs faster than doom 3" ...
Yomayo! Whom to believe then ?! For your information, gentlemen, on my "non-advanced computer" this same doom rushes almost without a swap (only 5 seconds at the beginning of each level), without glitches, and WITHOUT brakes, at the maximum (I set the anisotropy current to 8, not 16).
Maybe someone has a thread with a car with a similar kit, so test the game then! Fir-trees, sticks, I can't sleep all night now! ...

G
Guest 31.10.21

Doom3 my FPS shows more than 60, at maximum settings, if you stand still. And as you run through the level, so the constant swap (even with medium textures. It infuriates. There is not enough RAM and video memory.

In FEAR with medium textures and everything for maximum lags.

Which game looks better - it's stupid to argue here.

PS: And a friend just 6600, not a GT?

H
HELLHAMMER 31.10.21

[b] SeYazh [/ b] - What exactly did you want from the FPS? My arguments in favor of the fact that this game is at least the standard of the genre: Awesome graphics (which includes many pleasant innovations), a good plot for FPS (about it, while it is still young, but it can be seen so), hand-to-hand combat techniques and generally good dynamics. High quality sound and music.

D
Distorter 31.10.21

[quote name = "Tommy"] Blah-blah-blah and smth else [/ quote]
In short, as I understand it, I’ll trample everything, buy operas and type-top .... The game comes out at the end of this month, here and see. But the hit will be unambiguous. Yes, even give a shit about the schedule - if you play F.I.R. will be just as scary and exciting. as they say about her, it's not a sin to upgrade the boy ...

M
Molodnyak 31.10.21

[quote name = "Distorter"] [quote name = "Tommy"] Blah-blah-blah and smth else [/ quote]
In short, as I understand it, I’ll trample everything, buy operas and type-top .... The game is out at the end of this month, so we'll see. But the hit will be unambiguous. Yes, even give a shit about the schedule - if you play F.I.R. will be just as scary and exciting. as they say about it, it's not a sin to upgrade the boy ... [/ quote]
Yes, everything will go, just buy some RAM.
Although, all the same, 6600 without GT is almost twice weaker than the one: roll:

Can I ask an offtopic question for the sake of interest? Plizz ...
[offtopic] Someone will clearly explain to me whether the HSi bridge allows to put an AGP video card into a motherboard with an advanced Pci-E? [/ Offtopic]

S
Strange 31.10.21

2 Distorter
You wanted to know how the yoke would go on 6600 NOT GT - you were told that in theory it would use mediums, because 6600 is still a castrato in contrast to a full-fledged and superfast 6600GT.

M
Moty 31.10.21

Right now I will run it on my Radeon 9200 = P
I hope it will work fine on medium (low) settings

PS: By the end of summer I want to buy myself here [url = http: //digma.co.il/shop/product_info.php? cPath = 27_67 & products_id = 1152 & language = en & osCsid = 56ba108c64809ea39352358b746c5979] this [/ url] (or even [url = http: //digma.co.il/shop/product_info.php? cPath = 27_678 products_Cid = 1135 ).
I think (hope) that this is enough to put everything on the max.

F
Fx 31.10.21

This is what I understand next-gen shooter. Not an idiotic Doom 3. Really a step forward. I don't even remember when there were so many new sensations. The main thing is that everyone plays together. And powerful graphics, and physics, and gameplay, and direction. No cardboard. The enemy, dying, will continue to shoot picturesquely and fan out upward - several bullets knock down the boxes on the shelves, a dozen gouges holes in the floor and, finally, the last one hits the lamp, which begins to swing briskly ... Clouds of dust and silence, broken only by the creak of the lamp .. The first old new shooter since MaxPayne. And yet - the uttermost horror. I haven't yelled like that, probably since AVP2. HL2 is generally child's play by comparison. At the moment, at the top of the stairs, even my assistant, who was just watching the process, yelled at the top of his lungs. Moreover, he is a person who absolutely does not share my screams while playing other horror games. After the final of the demo, I caught myself thinking that this is the kind of game I need now. In order to defuse the nerves, yell enough and sincerely laugh after that.

Shl. I am sincerely happy for Monolith. The team has always been brilliant, and their games are the best, but ... whatever one may say, this is their first blockbuster.

S
Strange 31.10.21

2 Moty
Hmm, I don’t even understand what the prices show there ...

M
Moty 31.10.21

In shekels ^ ___ ^

In short, the price of a simple 6800 - 330 $
And the one GT - 460

S
Strange 31.10.21

Yes, they che - o ** ate chtol at the end of such prices break up? In our magic box, 6800 can be bought for $ 255 and 6800GT for $ 390: - /
Well, this is already offtopic ...

D
Distorter 31.10.21

2 FX

Well, you painted aaaal! I have a lot of drool all over the floor, the neighbors are flooded, damn it.

G
Guest 31.10.21

FX
: drunk:: beer:: up: everything as you described: up:

y
yuhan 31.10.21

I will upgrade my computer for the sake of this game, I don’t want to miss it ... I don’t even want to run the demo with minimal settings so as not to spoil the first impression.

C
CrazzyMan 31.10.21

personally, when I ran multiplayer betu that built-in test, then very, very swap`ilo after 1GB swap disappeared =)
after 768MB is the minimum ..