3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NetSky 31.10.21 11:21 am

Star Wars Battlefront

[alignright] ccvzo1lweaenih4.jpg[/ alignright]
f70ca495d09107055afb82a87d77092d.png

Genre: FPS
Developer: DICE
Publisher: EA

Official site: Link
Release date: November 17, 2015
Platform: Xbox One, PS4, PC

[hide = 'Cutscenes and Trailers']
Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_ht2GfQJU

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

[/ hide]

[hide = 'Screenshots'] YoN7.jpg YoN8.jpg YoNa.jpg YoNc.jpg YoNd.jpg YoNe.jpg YoNR.jpg[/ hide]

[hide = 'Art'] YoNr.jpg YoNt.jpg YoNu.jpg YoNv.jpg YoNw.jpg YsK2.jpg YoNL.jpg YoNM.jpg[/ hide]

[hide = 'Description'] Fight in epic multiplayer battles on Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and the previously unexplored planet of Sullust. Fire blasters, fly speeder bikes and snowspeeders, and issue AT-AT commands. Fight as the most famous heroes and villains in the galaxy. including Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Meet your favorite characters from the original trilogy. Conquer the title of the most powerful hero or villain in battle. Instantly switch between 1st and 3rd person views. Team up with friends in online multiplayer battles, share your acquisitions and cover each other on the battlefield. Fight for the Empire or the Rebels offline, alone or in a company with a friend and complete carefully crafted missions. The fate of the galaxy will be in your hands. [/ hide]

124 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hyper2014 31.10.21

Rumor: Star Wars Battlefront Details

Today, MakingStarWars.net posted a huge list of details regarding Star Wars Battlefront.

The Star Wars Battlefront story will span nearly the entire story from the Star Wars saga. Star Wars Battlefront will provide the opportunity to play as the good guys (Old Republic, Uprising, New Republic) and the bad guys (Separatists and Empire). They also emphasized that there will be a small portion of content from the prequel trilogy. We will be allowed to participate in several battles of the Clone Wars, and in the battle over Coruscant from Revenge of the Sith. Most of the campaign will take place during the Original Trilogy. All the battles and settings that you expect to see will be present. It has been observed that the campaign will take quite a long time compared to other first-person shooters. There will be some sections of the campaign that will take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Rises. But there won't be many, because it was said, quote: "LucasFilm has big plans for this period of time." The last section of the campaign will take place before and after the start of Force Rebirth. However, don't expect the game's plot to reveal the plot of the movie. Since the game will have to come out before the movie. You will be able to play as Republican (as they are called here, the good guys) and Imperial heroes who appear in The Force Awakens. EA / DICE have been granted permission to visit Pinewood Studios to capture various models and devices, and recreate them in-game. Between episodes 6 and 7, or at the beginning of The Force Awakens, a character with the surname Tarkin will appear in the game. The multiplayer scale will be absolutely huge, with 64 players on each side. Battles with the transition from space to the surface of the planet will be, but only in certain game modes. The game will have a system of "heroes", which you can get for the points that you earn in each match. These heroes are powerful, and they have abilities that ordinary players do not have. The system is still in development, but at the moment anyone has the opportunity to play as a hero at least 1 time per match. There is a plan for downloadable content. Expect at least 5 DLCs, the first of which will launch in early 2016. Each DLC will have a theme, with the first two or three DLCs related to The Force Awakens. There will be some characters from The Force Awakens in the game, but the rest will not be added later, even with the DLC. All of the characters from the trailers will be in the game, as will the new X-Wing and TIE-fighter models. A bunch of new ships and vehicles. The DLC content will contain at least 3 maps, new heroes and new vehicles. I've seen models of the new stormtrooper, the X-wing, and some models of weapons, grenades, and similar things. The most interesting detail, however, was a screen shot from one database employee. There was a sheet that showed what had already been done, what was checked for bugs, etc. There was just a black screen with lines and lines indicating posts, with comments and suggestions. The most interesting thing is what was shown. Maps for multiplayer with modes were depicted. There were many, but you can expect something like this: The most interesting detail, however, was a screen shot from one database employee. There was a sheet that showed what had already been done, what was checked for bugs, etc. There was just a black screen with lines and lines indicating posts, with comments and suggestions. The most interesting thing is what was shown. Maps for multiplayer with modes were depicted. There were many, but you can expect something like this: The most interesting detail, however, was a screen shot from one database employee. There was a sheet that showed what had already been done, what was checked for bugs, etc. There was just a black screen with lines and lines indicating posts, with comments and suggestions. The most interesting thing is what was shown. Maps for multiplayer with modes were depicted. There were many, but you can expect something like this: 
Hoth (Episode 5)
Endor (Episode 6)
Alderaan
Coruscant
Yavin (Episode 4) As I said, nothing special BUT this:
Tatooine (Episode 1)
Tatooine (Episode 4)
Tatooine (Episode 7)

The game is still scheduled for release later this year.

Modified on Feb 12, 2015 by Hyper2014

T
Thing 31.10.21

Multiplayer battles can contain up to 64 players on each side

finally!!! I expect this from bf5

O
Oops 31.10.21

Multiplayer battles can contain up to 64 players on each side

finally!!! I expect this from bf5

We had an example of 128x128

M
MWorld II 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Thing' timestamp = '1423730454' post = '4671310'] finally !!! I expect this from bf5 [/ quote]

already refuted, 32x32  

Clarification Update: They also said online matches are 64 players, 32 on each side

T
Thing 31.10.21

[member = 'MWorld II'], I was thinking with the new generation and the scale in bf, for example, will increase, but not =

N
NetSky 31.10.21

I thought that with the new generation and the scale in the bf, for example, will increase, but no =

no need to think, you need to look into reality. Even during the development of BF3, the Dice wrote, or rather the chief engineer of the game, that they made 128 people for the test, but it was unbalanced meat and nothing good came of it. Can you imagine what cards are needed for 128 people? It is necessary to take the Desert Bandar from the DLC to BF3 and multiply it by two or three times. In this case, the map will have to be incredibly balanced and apply wild game design so that it is not wretched. Plus how thick the servers should be, it will be oooooooooooooo expensive, well, the project should only be PC, then because if to this day, even in the Hardline 900r and 720p on consoles, then how will you have to hack the game to the settings in order to process such a wild number of models on the screen. So only PCs can do it, well, not every PC has such a home, and no one is going to play lagadrom. Well, here in the end, as already written above 64 players, so it's okay. I don't really see the need to run meat on a huge desert map. 

Therefore, games such as MAG, or PS2, look simpler and there are features of battles in special points when the BF has one card. And the specs are different, the graphon is better and destruction.

So 128 people is a reality, but not today, I think this will be possible with the arrival of only a new generation.

Modified on Feb 12, 2015 by NetSky

T
Thing 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], 

Even during the development of BF3, the Dice wrote, or rather the chief engineer of the game, that they made 128 people for the test, but it was unbalanced meat and nothing good came of it.

for the test, I remember doing the Caspian Sea, not the best option for such a number of people

Can you imagine what cards are needed for 128 people? It is necessary to take the Desert Bandar from the DLC to BF3 and multiply it by two or three times. In this case, the map will have to be incredibly balanced and apply wild game design so that it is not wretched.

I can imagine what the size of the map should be, but I don't think that the dice have talentless game designers who cannot properly balance the map and for a long time we still have to play BF with such a number of people

Plus how thick the servers should be, it's oooooooooooooo expensive.

But after all, when testing 128 people, they abandoned this idea, not because they would need powerful servers, but the fact that hell would be going on on the map, and again, the card was not chosen very well, so if they deliberately made the Caspian Sea 3 times more, then okay , this is how, for example, to play ks 20x20 on dast2

Well, the project should only be PC, then because if to this day, even in the Hardline 900r and 720p on consoles, then how will you have to hack down the game according to the settings in order to process such a wild number of models on the screen. So only PCs can do it, well, not every PC has such a home, and no one is going to play lagadrom.

Yes, you don't have to talk about HL, it's completely different, I understand that graphics, physics are all cool, but I personally want, and not only me, to have a real war with a bunch of equipment and people

So 128 people is a reality, but not today, I think this will be possible with the arrival of only a new generation.

aha, a new generation is coming out, frostbyte 5 of some kind comes out and again 32x32, since the consoles will not pull)) okay, let it be as they said in this game, but I will believe in bf5 that everything will change and the scale will reach a new level

k
kashkamalashka 31.10.21

I want a controlled star destroyer 

M
MWorld II 31.10.21

[quote name = 'NetSky' timestamp = '1423742440' post = '4671612'] because if to this day, even in the Hardline 900r and 720p on consoles [/ quote]

given the reduced picture, in comparison with BF4, there are clearly problems due to the cross gene and timing  

N
NetSky 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Thing' timestamp = '1423745567' post = '4671725'] I remember doing the Caspian for the test, not the best option for such a number of people [/ quote]

I don't remember the exact map, but it may be a firestorm, but it doesn't matter, on maps that were designed for 64 players, 128 will be wildly superfluous.

[quote name = 'Thing' timestamp = '1423745567' post = '4671725'] but I don’t think that dice have talentless game designers who cannot properly balance the map and for a long time we still have to play BF with such a number of people [/ quote ]

You are missing the main point, these are the features of the engine, maybe in general it is not in a position to allow such maps, so since the days of BF3 we have not seen large maps.

[quote name = 'Thing' timestamp = '1423745567' post = '4671725'] because you need powerful servers [/ quote]

Servers will be needed in any case more powerful, because there are more people, there are more Objects for processing, this whole battlefield needs to be synchronized, physics, a lot of equipment, but it's tough.

[quote name = 'Thing' timestamp = '1423745567' post = '4671725'] so that there is a real war with a bunch of equipment and people [/ quote]

Don't you drive Che to Armu3?) 

T
Thing 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], Arma3 is too serious, I like it better)

O
Oops 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], wrote a lot, everything is simpler, they will go broke on traffic, and the balance of the infantry is not the trait for which they fell in love with the bf.

W
Wurz-7 31.10.21

[quote name = 'NetSky' timestamp = '1423742440' post = '4671612'] So 128 people is a reality, but not today, I think this will be possible with the arrival of only a new generation. [/ quote]

The number of players will not double by that time, perhaps.

I may be wrong, but I think so. Now the same BF4 has a choice of servers with different maps, modes, a choice of the fullness of the server load. If all the same players are split into larger groups, then the choice will be worse.

N
NetSky 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Wurz-7' timestamp = '1423834060' post = '4673407'] The number of players will not double by that time, perhaps. [/ quote]

A large number of players were already on the past gene, remember the same experiment with MAG. There were 256 players, 128 * 128, there were also the usual 32 * 32 and 64 * 64. But the game did not go well, in my opinion, if the game draws 128 snouts, this does not mean that it will become cool, so in fact they would have to polish the gameplay, balance and cards are still for 64 people, which there are 128 more. So, being responsible for themselves, I am still satisfied with 64 players and I don’t think about it.

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

40026152ce6c28995534b277f088fd9e.png

7ee226b271ab2360b60d941b68ce6dca.jpg

Modified February 18, 2015 by Kreslodav

M
MWorld II 31.10.21

iiiiii what is it?

February 17, well okei

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

[member = 'MWorld II'], Less than a day ago, Star Wars: Battlefront designer Victor Landberg from DICE posted on his Twitter images from a video of the game. As you can imagine, the show was closed, and it was held as part of the event inside the studio, in which only the Battlefront team participated. It is likely that at GDC 2015 DICE may actually show new video material about the game

M
MWorld II 31.10.21

yes at GDC there will be a full-fledged announcement, bf3 was announced there, bf4 in the same place 

q
qdash 31.10.21

There is real hope on Battlefront. DICE seems to be too tired of Battlefield and need to switch to something else, even though they can actually do massive topo projects for a bunch of players. At least Bad Company, I can't say anything bad, BF3 and 4 suffered mainly due to the fact that they were oriented towards Pastgen iron, i.e. BF3 was released for PS360, and BF4 is actually an addon. In addition to Battlefront from DICE shooters, I'm expecting a new Bad Company.

T
Thing 31.10.21

even in the e3 2013 teaser at the end it says see more spring 2015, they will show a piece of the plot as usual