3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wurz-7 31.10.21 11:37 am

Titanfall

Titanfall

Genre - FPS
Developer - Respawn
Publisher - EA
Platforms - PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360
Release Date - Spring 2014

7f86ccde7a5156e165bddfc4d85f4fa0.jpg

f764c3dafcaf7909b1a8b21ad1b1d223.jpg

Game Info.
http://gamemag.ru/news/podrobnosti-titanfall-pervoy-igri-ot-respawn-87509
[spoil]
- Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, and the port for the Xbox 360 is made by another studio.

- At first, the game was created with an eye to the current generation, but the developers realized that the existing consoles did not have enough power to implement all their ideas.

- When the studio began to consider options for porting to a new generation of consoles, they were interested in the proposal from Microsoft.

- Respawn is currently focused on new hardware, but this may change in the future. Studio representatives do not say whether it is about the current project or something else.

- Microsoft cloud services will be used for dedicated servers, as well as physics and artificial intelligence calculations.

- Tentative release date - spring 2014. Today the game looks great.

- Genre: first person shooter. The battles will be fought both in the role of infantry and in the role of a pilot of combat robots, which are called "Titans".

- Battles in Titans are extremely dynamic - they can dodge, speed up, and so on.

- If you don't want to pilot the Titan, he can just follow you, killing everything in its path.

- Human characters are called Pilots - players can run on walls, do several jumps at a time. Pilots are able to counter the Titans by jumping on them and shooting the "brain".

- Pilots should not only be agile, but also cunning. The authors of the game use the term “hit and run”.

- The Pilots have a very impressive arsenal - pistols, assault rifles, as well as an “anti-titanium” grenade launcher.

- There will be computer-controlled bots on the maps. They can be subdued by their will with the help of a “digital knife”.

- The average lifespan on the map is higher than in Call of Duty, Battlefield or Halo. The game is much more beginner friendly thanks to the combination of open cards, real players and bots.

- The project is based on the Source Engine. Writing your own engine would take too long. Source allowed the game to run at 60 frames per second, and was also partially redesigned for compatibility with the new generation.

- The article describes the process of forming a team, an unpleasant situation with Activision, prototyping ideas, and so on. The author with NeoGAF advises to read the whole text.

- The overall style is reminiscent of District 9 and Blade Runner.

- The story is closer in spirit to Left 4 Dead.

- People are settled on the Earth and the planets closest to it. Corporations are trying to seize the resources of the colonies.

- Confirmed Smartglass integration, partial Kinect support, "story multiplayer" and "classic multiplayer", as well as some mode for one player, the details of which have not yet been disclosed. [/ Spoil]

123 Comments
Sort by:
p
progvoc34 31.10.21

Multiplayer shooters are played for hundreds of hours. And such numbers have never dreamed of many story games, no matter how good they are.

This is what really saddens. Based on this principle, multiplayer and single-player games should be evaluated differently!

Best shooter? Please! The best on a prestigious game show featuring revolutions in hardware and interoperability ?! Absolutely not!

and these are the key words, the thesis from all of the above. Only no one paid attention to this)

Modified July 7, 2013 by progvoc34

n
nagibator666 31.10.21

A multiplayer shooter so that he would grab attention, and even at such a large show as E3, where, in addition to this game, hundreds of excellent games of different stripes and calibers should be done right away. In general, there are not so many really successful multiplayer shooters in the industry as it seems.

p
progvoc34 31.10.21

[member = 'nagibator666'], i.e. have you already named it successful in advance?

n
nagibator666 31.10.21

[member = 'progvoc34'], I generally have games pre-sharpened for multiplayer, ie Without the single player I'm used to, I don't really digest at all. But even I liked the concept and I would play it. Is this not an indicator of success?

p
progvoc34 31.10.21

Nowadays, the indicator of success is huge sales, which in turn is a consequence of good marketing and a big name .. And I would play with more enthusiasm on ps4 now or use an oculus rift ... In my opinion, this is more interesting.

n
nagibator666 31.10.21

[quote name = 'progvoc34' timestamp = '1373201646' post = '3430860'] These days, the success rate is huge sales [/ quote]

It has been this way from time immemorial, because huge interest = huge sales.

p
progvoc34 31.10.21

[member = 'nagibator666'], multi-million dollar marketing = huge interest = huge sales. It seems they got offtopic

n
nagibator666 31.10.21

[member = 'progvoc34'], you can't sell any shit to me personally, no matter how great advertising this shit would be. 

p
progvoc34 31.10.21

[member = 'nagibator666'], [offtopic] but I fell for Robert Downey Jr. and gave 2.7k for Black Ops 2. I didn’t regret the money only because of the post-title performance) ... [/ offtopic]

U
Unknown 31.10.21

What is the best E3 game you can talk about? a press-platform for advertising that affects the audience, an example of which is Gametrailers, which rolled down and a bunch of other sites / magazines who paid more from that and "gothi", "the best game" "9-10 / 10"., all this is so games that didn't deserve it at all

and this e3 was a good example

Modified July 7, 2013 by Darkeffect777

W
Wurz-7 31.10.21

This is what really saddens. Based on this principle, multiplayer and single-player games should be evaluated differently!

What you propose is reasonable, but this path can reach the point of absurdity. Give marks for each individual mode: single, multiplayer, cooperative mode. Those. the VM3 CODE would have 4 different ratings (can it also summarize?: icon_lol :). Then start counting the number of cards in multiplayer. Then the number of game modes. Then enter a separate assessment of the soulfulness of the game (and then many here write about this). Then estimate the duration of the game. This is complete: rolleyes07: will.

It's simple. There is a disc on the showcase or on the store page and the user decides what to buy: a game for 10 hours or for 100 or more.

And by 100 hours I mean not only shooters, but also fighting games, racing, arpg like Monhan and other games with high replayability. Therefore, these genres of games and taxied the rest. Openworld games are also good and are played for a long time, so they keep up.

With the publication of information on Titanfall, there was some hysteria from a certain layer of players "why there is no single, how is it possible, soon all games will be without a single!" etc. At the same time, they also hayat developers when they add multiplayer for the sake of a tick to a story game (for example, the last TR). And this inconsistency of hysterics is not due to adequacy, but from a simple multiplayer hate.

[member = 'Darkeffect777'], in a poll on this site for the coolest announcements, Titanfall also taxied everyone among the games presented.

U
Unknown 31.10.21

What you propose is reasonable, but this path can reach the point of absurdity. Give marks for each individual mode: single, multiplayer, cooperative mode. Those. the VM3 CODE would have 4 different ratings (can it also summarize?: icon_lol :). Then start counting the number of cards in multiplayer. Then the number of game modes. Then enter a separate assessment of the soulfulness of the game (and then many here write about this). Then estimate the duration of the game. This is complete: rolleyes07: will.

It's simple. There is a disc on the showcase or on the store page and the user decides what to buy: a game for 10 hours or for 100 or more.

And by 100 hours I mean not only shooters, but also fighting games, racing, arpg like Monhan and other games with high replayability. Therefore, these genres of games and taxied the rest. Openworld games are also good and are played for a long time, so they keep up.

With the publication of information on Titanfall, there was some hysteria from a certain layer of players "why there is no single, how is it possible, soon all games will be without a single!" etc. At the same time, they also hayat developers when they add multiplayer for the sake of a tick to a story game (for example, the last TR). And this inconsistency is not from adequacy, but from a simple multiplayer hate.

[member = 'Darkeffect777'], in a poll on this site for the coolest announcements, Titanfall also taxied everyone among the games presented.

well, not so surprised

A
ACE 31.10.21

In general, after several matches played, I can definitely say that this is the coolest multiplayer that I have played.

D
DriverUFO 31.10.21

[b] [member = 'ACE'] [/ b] I envy white envy :)). Please tell me, strongly in terms of tempo, control, the game is like a code if you drop the setting. And there it turns out on the map bots and live players running?

A
ACE 31.10.21

[member = 'Pswii360'], yeah. Plus on Kweik 3 because of jumping a hundred meters up when ejecting from titanium. And I got used to it and neatly landed on the enemy titans and shot them the electronics while sitting right on them))) There are bots, but they are not enough for them. As a result, all this looks very lively, but a bit of a single of the game reminds, however strange it may sound. And the gameplay is awesome. Moreover, the titans look heavy, but the dynamics of the game for them is still high and caifno))) the design of the map that I played resembles witch 4, but the roofs are more used, and not only the first and second floors, and there are few corridors and the volumes move very quickly from one to the other. jetpacks are similar to khalovsky, but the design of the map is better for them here, plus because of the really convenient control and responsiveness of the character, it is very easy to immediately switch from flight to running along the walls. In the end, everything is so smooth that it is simply amazing. In general, I was amazed.

Yes, and I did not notice the kilstreaks, except for the call of the titan himself

D
DriverUFO 31.10.21

[member = 'ACE'], thanks for the feedback, damn it will be painful to wait until 2014: (((On a hike, we will see another competitor of the code, unless of course the developers do it, but according to the reviews many people like it, it means getting an excellent game the chances are much higher. :) And kilstreaks, I think they will, for now, they just want to focus on the titans, maybe the challenge to the titan is one of the kilstreaks :) Modified on August 25, 2013 by Pswii360

W
Wurz-7 31.10.21

[member = 'ACE'], in one of the videos (I could not find him) at the end there was a moment similar to the player's transition to invisibility. In other videos, this was no longer seen. Can you comment? Was there something like that?

Not in the know, will the 360 ​​and XboxOne versions be different? Except for graphics.

A
ACE 31.10.21

[member = 'Wurz-7'], nope, I haven't seen this in the game itself.

they didn't say anything about the 360 ​​version. as I understand it is generally done by a third-party company.

M
M0rr0 31.10.21

[member = 'Wurz-7'], it's not clear yet, like. http://gamerant.com/titanfall-xbox-360-xbox-one-comparison/

I hope EA won't let you make a bad version. Yet this is a multiplayer game with no name and you can't sell it just like that. You need quality. In short, I have whites, tk. until mgc5, I'm unlikely to fork out for next-gen) Modified on August 26, 2013 by user M0rr0

H
Honor 31.10.21

20130902ru.jpg