3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aladdin 06.11.21 06:18 pm

Area 51

Has anyone already seen Area 51 on sale? they are already selling in Europe ...
95 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bonker 06.11.21

Fucking, just fucking. Of course there are borrowings from HALO, HL2 and DIII. But it's very interesting to play, the level design is just crazy. The lighting effects are super, special effects are class, the glass refracts the picture even if you break it, then each piece will refract the light, the textures are super clear for PS2, there is a bump. The shadows are excellent, similar to Splinter Cell's. Pieces fall off the columns, bullet holes in the curtains. Physics is similar to HALO, corpses are merrily taking off and somersaulting in the air from the explosion of a grenade. The animation is great, the monsters are jumping on you. The levels are large and interesting, the tasks are varied, there is simply no time to get bored. Recomend for everybody :)

N
Neprus 06.11.21

Stuck. I can't find a second hand for the fingerprint scanner on the door.

B
Bonker 06.11.21

[quote name = "Neprus"] Stuck. I can’t find a second hand for the fingerprint scanner on the door. [/ Quote] A second hand is not needed there. We must have time to apply our own. Until the severed one slipped away.

By the way, how do you like the smoke? He really pleased me, they did a great job.

I have 1-2 levels left to the end, it's a shame that at the end I got rid of delirium :( As in HL1 and U2. :(

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

I watched the video on the OPM demo disc. The steering wheel!
But I am enraged by shooters where you fight monsters and other non-humans (Doom, HL & Co). Halo and Killzone are better in this regard.

N
Neprus 06.11.21

[quote name = "Bonker"] There is no need for a second hand. We must have time to apply our own. Until the chopped off slid. [/ Quote]
Thank you.
The smoke is gorgeous. In general, there are a lot of visual finds, the comrades-in-arms are beautifully drawn. Drive is fire and rush. And until the end is still far away)

E
EQA Rif 06.11.21

Played.
The textures are not that [i] super sharp [/ i], just a detail texture lies on top of the main one. Glass does not refract everywhere. For example, in a scene with two controlled shaitan-cannons, it does not refract. The shadows are not Splintersel: the dynamic lightmap is from UT2003. Physics is cool, yes. But no ragdoll. Those. a corpse can easily lie flat in the air, clinging to a cliff with its little finger. The animation, as it seemed to me, was licked from D3 (well, spitting imps). I didn't really understand the smoke: several translucent textures are scrolling along the planes - it's old. There is no bump, of course. But there are mip-mapping and reflection maps - it's already good. :) And all this often falls below the required 30 fps.

Tasks are mainly related to finding id-cards and opening doors with their help. And also "fetch-fetch" and "

But it's still interesting to play. Strong middle peasant. Entourage is a mixture of Doom and Khalfa (the first). After being infected with a virus, the gameplay becomes drawn-out and monotonous. And somewhere in the area of ​​the parked UFOs, I scored. Until better times (PC version 8)).

4insay 06.11.21

Daucci, I bought her (Area51) on Juno, and did not regret it at all, the smoke is really awesomely made, like the game itself, gameplay-causes only positive emotions, wait, I'll go-into the hands-joypad-and go to war: uzi:, against PC: maniac:

B
Bonker 06.11.21

[quote name = "EQA Rif"] Played.
I didn't really understand the smoke: several translucent textures are scrolling along the planes - it's old. There is no bump, of course. But there are mip-mapping and reflection maps - it's already good. :) And all this often falls below the required 30 fps.
[/ quote] Smoke reacts to lighting, take a closer look, the lower puffs of smoke are highlighted by a flame of fire, and above the smoke darkens and becomes more rare. It looks very nice in dynamics. Well, the detail texture is considered embossing, so there is some bump, although not DOT3. Below 30fps it did not drop very often, and not in obvious places, that is, transparency and a lot of monsters are not a fact that fps will drop.

E
EQA Rif 06.11.21

[quote] Smoke reacts to lighting, take a closer look, the lower puffs of smoke are highlighted by a fire flame, and above the smoke darkens and becomes more rare. It looks very nice in dynamics. [/
Quote ] Mobut. But in the dynamics, it means I did not see it. :)

[quote] Well, detail texture is considered embossing, so there is some kind of bump, although not DOT3. [/ quote]
Well, what a bump. This texture is 1-bit semitransparent, and does not correlate with the position of light sources in any way.

[quote] Below 30fps it did not go down very often, and not in obvious places, that is, transparency and a lot of monsters are not a fact that fps will drop. [/ quote]
Quite often and decently (2-3 times). Almost everywhere where there is refraction and fire / smoke in large quantities.

N
Neprus 06.11.21

I got to the little green men. The entourage began to remind us of U2.

N
Neprus 06.11.21

I finally finished it off. The final part is a complete hack. Or they finished it in a hurry, or left a bit of a plot for the sequel) The
impressions are still good. Strong 4+.

a
aladdin 06.11.21

bought - so far good impressions ... partners in arms are so chatty))) graphics are nothing ... I still understand ...

B
Bill kutaragi 06.11.21

A couple of weeks ago I passed it in boxing. Awesome! Of course, not Halo2, but still very worthy. And Manson's voice is just a song. We are waiting for the second part, definitely!

G
Guest 06.11.21

I don’t. I played the demo. graphics suck, gameplay sucks.

I didn't think that many people like her until I came here. Maybe some kind of demo ... lazy. But judging by her, the game is shit

O
Observer 06.11.21

At first I liked it, but I reached (as someone here already wrote above) to the UFO parking lot and scored.

E
EQA Rif 06.11.21

How much more convenient it is to play with a mouse. Gamepad disability has its own charm, though. :)
But, damn it, why the hell did they cut the graphics ??? : shock: Monster eyes now see the same picture as human eyes, only with excessive mobbles and blooms. And where are the twitching bloody thorns? And the passage of time, it seemed to me, in the monster mode now does not slow down.
Crap. We have to go back to the beginning, all of a sudden there was a fake with the glass. :(

a
aladdin 06.11.21

so PS2 games are best played on PS2 ...

B
Bill kutaragi 06.11.21

2 aladdin Let me disagree with the statement that Area 51 is a game from PS2. It is a multi-platform. It is available on PS2, boxing and computer. Midway is consistently making a multiplatform, paying enough attention to both PS2 and boxing versions.

E
EQA Rif 06.11.21

Although most likely these are the shoals of my vidyuhi. In some places, there is such an overbloom that nothing is visible - a solid white spot.

B
Bill kutaragi 06.11.21

It looks like the need to update the video driver. On the box, there are no problems with the view from the monster.