3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
djjack 10.11.21 12:04 am

Advice to all those for whom the world is empty and boring. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Just in another blog about The Witcher 3, I probably read for the hundredth time from the "haters" that the Witcher world is empty, and Skyrim is saturated. Like, you walk, walk across Skyrim and then bam - a cave, or a village, or a farm, or an obelisk, etc., etc. And in The Witcher 3, they say, the opposite is true and except for the icons on the map there is nowhere else to go and there is nothing to explore. So excuse me, gentlemen, who is stopping at the very beginning to disable the display of all unopened locations on the map and mini-map? I believe that many people simply do not know that it is generally possible to do this using standard means of the game. I did it from the very beginning in the settings and it is still interesting for me to explore the world and find something new. For the sake of interest, I have now turned on these icons on Skeliga and found that I did not have about 60 open! Of course I understand, that for the munchkins they made an option with the display of these question marks, but it would be better if CDPR turned it off by default, because, indeed, the meaning of exploring the world is lost and it consists only in running from icon to icon. Now put, say, on Skyrim a mod that will display all undiscovered caves and places on the map - voila, the world will suddenly become boring and empty! Therefore, comrades, before starting a new game (even if this is a new game +), I strongly recommend that you do what is next under the spoiler in the screenshot -

Spoiler
75 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stribogg 10.11.21

Plus, I somehow even looked for a mod that turns it off, and then only found it in the settings))) At the expense of the "emptiness" of the world, I've already talked a lot about it everywhere, the main nuance that makes many gamers think so is reality of this world, and not as usual in many games, where at every literal step of the hero, everything is simply teeming with some kind of activity, events, loot, and so on .. The world in DO really looks like - if a forest, then this is a forest where enemies sometimes come across, sometimes - loot, sometimes - quests .. The world is just big (as the world should be), and there is a lot of everything. You just need to move along it, as in our real world))

s
saa0891 10.11.21

Who prevents at the very beginning to turn off the display of all unopened locations on the map and minimap?

Unfortunately, this will not add interesting locations for research into the game, of which there are really very few in the game, it will remain a cart, a stone, a chest tied to a barrel, a house or, at best, some kind of simple cave.

d
djjack 10.11.21

saa0891
According to my approximate calculations, there are about 300 locations in the game, no less. I counted the quests that I completed - it turned out, 265, EMNIP. And interestingness is taste. I am interested here, for example, but not at all interested in the last Fall, and you, perhaps, on the contrary

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

saa0891
Few interesting locations ????? We seem to be playing in some different "Witchers")))

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

When they talk about the emptiness of the world in The Witcher, it's not about the fact that all objects are open there. You at least turn off the questions - though not, but apart from the identical camps of bandits and evil spirits guarding some chest, there is practically nothing else there.

The world is just big (as the world should be), and there is a lot of everything. You just need to move along it, as in our real world))
I would have seen how you would also talk about the world of another game, if it were not the Witcher. Justify the low density of events with alleged realism. ... ...

Yes, the game has its poles (atmosphere, plot), but the open world clearly does not apply to them, it is poorly implemented. Are the fans really so busy that they don't see the obvious flaws?

s
saa0891 10.11.21

djjack
Stribogg

I'm not going to argue with anyone and prove something, I just wrote it as it is, that's why people pay attention to it, the author did not create a theme for nothing.

PS

And in order to save from further innuendo, I am all the more not a hater about which the author writes, I really liked the Witcher 3, but this does not negate the fact that I see flaws and write about them.

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

It's not just the marked locations. They are very scarce. There are very few ruins and caves (if there are, they are rather short), very few mysteries, no traps at all. Mostly small bonfires with bandits and ground nests with monsters. And now remember the Black Reach in Skyrim, as well as the ice caves that turn into Dwemer / Nordic ruins ...
Besides locations, there are very few random encounters that make the world much more diverse. Here is their number, just in case. http://ru.elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BB%D1%83%D1%87%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5_ % D0% B2% D1% 81% D1% 82% D1% 80% D0% B5% D1% 87% D0% B8_ (Skyrim)
In the Witcher, there are about 20 of these meetings.
In my opinion, the creators of these themes have played very little in the last series of the TEC game, or they have a substitution of concepts / their own idea about the "living world".

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

Wild Rider A
living world is when a gamer has a strong sense of being present in the proposed reality. It does not depend at all on the abundance of NPCs flitting around, quests and the rest.

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

Stribogg
I lost this feeling after completing the plot in The Witcher, in Skyrim - no.

The Witcher is a great game, but you don't have to be so perverted to represent the minuses of the game as pluses, just because you want to. Objectively, the world is much poorer than in Skyrim. If only because the players notice it.

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg A

living world is when a gamer has a persistent sense of presence in the proposed reality. It does not depend at all on the abundance of NPCs flitting around, quests and the rest.

The person described to you above what the living world is, and you ripped out the words from the text and began to find fault with them.

It's not just the marked locations. They are very scarce. There are very few ruins and caves (if there are, they are rather short), very few mysteries, no traps at all. Mostly small bonfires with bandits and ground nests with monsters. And now remember the Black Reach in Skyrim, as well as the ice caves that turn into Dwemer / Nordic ruins ...
Besides locations, there are very few random encounters that make the world much more diverse.

And what you described is a grafon - a sense of the reality of the world.

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
saa0891
+

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
I do not need to describe what the living world is. The living world is when its reality is felt. In reality, it does not happen that in the forest, on every square meter, there are a lot of "interesting caves", riddles, traps and crowds of people with whom you can certainly start conversations

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg
We play games, not reality, but you continue to justify the game, fans are. ... ...
In reality, it does not happen that in the forest, on every square meter, there are a bunch of "interesting caves", riddles, lvaushki and crowds of people with whom you can certainly start conversations.
The Witcher's universe is so real, because we can easily meet a griffin in a real forest))) You contradict yourself.

This is just the laziness of the developers and no reality.

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

Stribogg
"The living world is when its reality is felt."
Especially when you see that the drowned people live 10 meters away from the nearest village. This feature, by the way, always made me nervous, starting with 1 witcher. So the density of some objects and habitats of various monsters is also unreasonable.

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
If you are personally disappointed in the Wild Hunt, why talk about it endlessly everywhere?)) Play games, who is in the way? I do not justify the game, I speak my impression, my opinion, I describe my feelings. Everything.

d
djjack 10.11.21

Wild Rider
Then Fallout 4 is completely contraindicated for you))))

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg
Is that all? No arguments? But what about the theme with the realism of the world? what should be there and what should not?

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

Wild Rider
I agree, there is such a thing. I would love to fix such moments with some kind of mod. But after all, if you remove the same drowned people from some places, you, to whom the world seems empty, then in general you will start to vote that the game is completely empty)))

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
You don't need these arguments. you came here for something completely different. Get pluses for your negative opinion about DO, right?)) Find, so to speak, agree with you))

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg
What are the pros? In the topics about The Witcher, only minuses can be picked up from the fans.