3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
djjack 10.11.21 12:04 am

Advice to all those for whom the world is empty and boring. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Just in another blog about The Witcher 3, I probably read for the hundredth time from the "haters" that the Witcher world is empty, and Skyrim is saturated. Like, you walk, walk across Skyrim and then bam - a cave, or a village, or a farm, or an obelisk, etc., etc. And in The Witcher 3, they say, the opposite is true and except for the icons on the map there is nowhere else to go and there is nothing to explore. So excuse me, gentlemen, who is stopping at the very beginning to disable the display of all unopened locations on the map and mini-map? I believe that many people simply do not know that it is generally possible to do this using standard means of the game. I did it from the very beginning in the settings and it is still interesting for me to explore the world and find something new. For the sake of interest, I have now turned on these icons on Skeliga and found that I did not have about 60 open! Of course I understand, that for the munchkins they made an option with the display of these question marks, but it would be better if CDPR turned it off by default, because, indeed, the meaning of exploring the world is lost and it consists only in running from icon to icon. Now put, say, on Skyrim a mod that will display all undiscovered caves and places on the map - voila, the world will suddenly become boring and empty! Therefore, comrades, before starting a new game (even if this is a new game +), I strongly recommend that you do what is next under the spoiler in the screenshot -

Spoiler
75 Comments
Sort by:
p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg
Yes, that is, in Armagh there can be a forest with drowned people and it will be okay? After all, the main thing is to play interestingly?

u
u3epJlu 10.11.21

Skyrim Caves are the same as questions in the Witcher. And do not argue, in Skyrim, too, not every cave came across quests, as in the Witcher. And in general, the living world is not the number of caves, but the behavior of the NPC, the eco-system, etc. And here the witcher has no problems. Strong beasts and monsters prey on the weak, killing a strong monster in its place come weaker. Well, the NPCs are stupid, but in Skyrim they are not brilliant AI. Why pussies to measure, both games are good, who likes what, good to dog.

N
Norman bates 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
And the open world is not a drawback. The witcher is not a sandbox. The open world in The Witcher is not at the forefront, as in Skyrim or Skyrim with guns. The open world in The Witcher is just an addition that is needed in order for the player to feel like a Witcher, for a greater atmosphere. And he more than copes with his task. In addition, this open world is made as described in the books.

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
You can play football, kick the ball, or you can play football, be some kind of Maradona. And here and there, there is a word to play. If you don't understand anything again, alas and ah))

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg
God. ... ... Perhaps I've had enough. ... ...

P
Putnik_Dirar 10.11.21

Depending on who enters The Witcher and what he intends to find there, the final sensations differ. Personally, I saw the terrain through which the troops had just passed, and left behind a characteristic picture - empty villages, handfuls of bandits in the forests, corpse-eaters walking around, and that's enough for me. In any case, it was enough to spend 200 hours on an interesting passage. Of course, if you go through the plot and poke from question to question like on gps, it can soon get boring.

p
pshanyrckov 10.11.21

The author is absolutely right. I somehow did not know about this function either!

p
predator999 10.11.21

These weather icons will not make the gameplay of Skyrim more interesting at all, civil war, playing for various factions. And in The Witcher, the only joy is gwent. They generally decided to make the open world inspired by Skyrim.

g
gloccc111 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
Yes, the game has its poles (atmosphere, plot), but the open world is clearly not one of them, it is poorly implemented. Are the fans really so busy that they don't see the obvious flaws?
Have the haters really gotten so hot that they don't hesitate to stick their beak into Every blog of the game they hate? Someone whines about the inadequacy of the fans of the witcher, I understand and I always laughed a little with the haters of different games, but I have never seen such inadequacy as the haters of the witcher. The disadvantage of the game is even that it is an RPG, the main character is a witcher and his name is Geralt. Oh yes, the fact that he is supposedly from Rivia is also a fat minus.

d
droun92 10.11.21

The Witcher really lacks a little bit of the fullness of the open world. Although I agree that the free world is needed there more for the entourage, nevertheless the developers tried more in the plot (and tried their best), and made the open world as additions.
It is in Skyrim or Folch that the open world plays a major role, in the Witcher a completely different feature. But the best part is that the trail. part of the TEC can take an idea with a good plot from the Witcher, because the Poles have clearly shown that it works.
And I wish the Poles that they continue to have games with the open world, and that the next. the game (unlikely in cyberpunk) will really be with a large living open world.

I
Iskander2015 10.11.21

I read the comments here and realized one thing, every person's sense of taste is very YOURS! As an example: Someone likes action movies, shooters, action games (Terminator, Mad Max, etc. - this is bullshit - for me personally !!!.) I.e. those films where there is always some kind of movement - chaotic, and just as stupid!
And there are those who like such films as "The Shawshank Redemption", Forest Gump "," The Green Mile "," The Road to Arlington "," The Secret Life of Words.
" james Cameron) - a fantasy which still believe !!! and fantasy "Avatar" (from him) in that well, or does not believe it's all about proper feeding of the material and your personal perception of the real world in which you live!
PEOPLE , THEY ARE SO DIFFERENT !!!
All of us in childhood read Mine Reed, Jules Verne, and each in his own way represented this world! And now the question is what should be a game or film based on the book "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
For me, it should be such that I believe in it, finally and irrevocably, and that this is exactly how I imagined it to myself when I read the book! The same Witcher so accurately conveys the feeling of that world of Sapkovsky's books - that you want to shout "b ... well, I BELIEVE" here it is the MOMENT OF TRUTH! I believe that Geralt is exactly that and that is exactly how emgyr, diykstra, buttercup looked and behaves as I drew to myself when reading books, that's why interesting books are good for the reader to try to clearly imagine how it would all look in the real world if it really existed (that is, the transfer of material to your brain must be extremely accurate in order for you to be able to present it all live)
In the game The Witcher everything is conveyed exactly like this - I BELIEVE IN THIS WORLD AND NOW I CAN TAKE PART IN ALL THIS! and therefore for me this game brings a completely new sensation of perception of games that I have not experienced yet! (in other games), and it is for the same reason that many people like this game!
For me, Skyrim is more of a game of the past! The Witcher is a game of the present and future tense! because the quality bar and material flow are so high !!! Well, these are the games I will now wait!
The world of the Witcher is RIGHT and LIVE (but not empty and boring), the world of Skyrim is contrived and rather delusional, the fullness of this world is as stupid as the story (plot)! and the game itself, the gameplay is impossibly boring - it's just for me and this is my opinion !!! (again, the whole point is only in your taste, and only in your perception of this world)
And now, in order:
1. Beastiary
In the Witcher, monsters are generally a separate song! Each is drawn and animated with such care and taste - just bravo CDPR !!!, - the verdict I BELIEVE! the work of the artists is great.
2. The world itself, locations, weather effects, drawing of each pebble, and yes it is the REAL fullness of this world! - verdict I BELIEVE! (very talented)
3. Dialogues, Monologues, in real life, people talk like this, as shown in the game! the same verbal "picks" Geralt-Dijkstra, Geralt-Lambert, Geralt-Yennefer and then all together! It just looks a lot like the truth!
And if you put it all together, then this will be the very world! IN WHICH YOU BELIEVE !!!
The books of Pan Sapkowski are now LIVING on your screens friends! and this is very cool !!!
PS It's messy - yes! but honestly!
Conclusion: With any dog ​​or cat, I will always find a common language !!!, with a person - through the hundredth!

d
djjack 10.11.21

Iskander2015
"For me, Skyrim is more of a game of the past! The Witcher is a game of the present and future tense! As the quality bar and presentation of the material are so high! Well, these are the games I will be waiting for now!"

- I did not want to say this, because I was afraid to incur a bunch of minuses from inadequacies, but still I will say: when I finished the plot of The Witcher, I calmly went out and deleted Skyrim Recast, in which I played about 400 hours with the words to my wife: "What is kindergarten is all after the Witcher. " Then, for at least another week, I walked under the impression of this unexpectedly adult and serious game.

Passing Skyrim (which is worse than Oblivion, which is worse than Morrowind), I could not wait for the end of the plot, to finally just wander around the world and find interesting quests (by the way, there are still several cool quests of the Mora and Obla level in the add-ons, even more interesting than in the main line of Skyrim), but when I played The Witcher 3, I just didn't want this story to end! The most remarkable thing is that I was completely unable to play, sorry, in the first part and never mastered from 3-4 attempts the dull politeness of the second part, reaching only the middle of the second act, nevertheless, Flotzam and its surroundings me pleased ...

In general, I, of course, do not argue - Skyrim, although it was greatly degraded in the role-playing component, nevertheless remained a good game, which, however, in principle, I did not even buy at the sales :-) But time is not worth it, everything develops , we must face the truth - Skyrim is now alive only due to the ingenious (since the days of Morrowind) construction of the tool. But, if the Poles after "Blood and Wine" roll out an editor of this level, then Skyrim will instantly be forgotten by everyone except the pack of the most hated enemies of Sapkowski's universe, since not only will the "problem" of the emptiness of the world for its "enemies" disappear, but everyone will appear long-awaited locations from the saga for fans from fans ...

I
Iskander2015 10.11.21

djjack
Skyrim is just a game! And the Witcher is rather an INTERACTIVE ART!
PS I'm probably already at that age when I want meaningfulness in games, in films.

I
Iskander2015 10.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
Art is that! where the soul is invested! (+ talent) Whether it's a film, book, game, painting, etc.
PS A bit pathetic of course, but the meaning should be clear!

h
hardqest 10.11.21

I ran from badge to badge only in search of places of power for pumping, and treasures when there was a need for lavrukh, but for me, the plot and quests are quite addictive so that I just don't see the point of running around in search of new locations.

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

Eh, for some, unfortunately, there is a substitution of concepts ... High-quality graphics / detailing of the environment, CJI videos, cut scenes and a live open world are far from the same thing.

djjack
"But, if the Poles after" Blood and Wine "roll out an editor of this level, then Skyrim will instantly be forgotten by everyone except the pack of the most hated enemies of Sapkowski's universe, since not only will the" problem "of the emptiness of the world for its" enemies "disappear, but also there will be all the long-awaited locations from the fan saga from the fans ... "
Let's face it ... If there are new territories, they will remain empty, even if they create mods with enemy respawn ... Fans will need quality add-ons with new dialogues, good voice acting, excellent motion capture in videos (motion capture technology). .. All this needs good funding, because even the creators of the global ones for Skyrim faced the problem of voicing many npc.

So, what else I wanted to write ... In fact, in the Witcher I really liked the simulation of the life of many npc. Those. if you compare the large cities in Skyrim and Novigrad, it will be heaven and earth. So from a purely aesthetic point of view, the extras in the third witcher looks better.
But if you study the gameplay possibilities ... No one sends messengers to the witcher with notes from friends / enemies, no one hands over an inheritance, there are no-names everywhere, which you can't even talk to. No, at first glance it looks very realistic, but after completing the story you see very poor interactivity, in contrast to the game, which was released 3.5 years earlier.

d
djjack 10.11.21

Wild Rider
"Let's face it ... If there are new territories, they will remain empty, even if they create mods with enemy respawn ... Fans will need high-quality add-ons with new dialogues, good voice acting, excellent motion capture in videos (motion technology capture). "

- well, let's see, you might think that the mods for Morra, Obla and Sky meant motion capture and new professional voice acting, what kind of nonsense? It is elementary to make a new location in the TES construction, add NPCs there, and for them nonlinear dialogues and multi-level quests, triggers and events are also quite realistic if there is time and desire, I created in 2 weeks back in 2003 similar add-ons for 5-8 hours for friends, so also pulled their pictures on the NPC)))

In short, sane fans will be happy with those mods in which new regions will appear on the global map, some kind of Vizima, for example, with new NPCs (even if standard models without new skins), a new storyline and new quests. Populating the region with places for research and spawning points is also easy, remembering again the same construction tool. And the voice acting of the Persians and the capture of motion, in this particular case, are needed only by the stubborn "haters" who, and the graphics in The Witcher 3 are worthless.

Realizing that the Poles have no time to do this, because all the forces after the last DLC will be thrown at Cyberpunk, and you need to ask them for such a tool, and not for that primitive for maladies that they gave. And it seems to me that everything is in order with their heads and the star in their forehead does not burn, therefore they must give it to us, because this will extend the sales of their game many times over at no additional cost to them. In general, let's wait and see, but my opinion remains the same: take the editor from Skyrim and it would have been deleted long ago, because even the most inhibited gamer in 4 years could climb everything there and study, and new textures, alternative palette and lighting (what else and taste) do not push for re-passing. Moreover, in Skye, a second passage is not necessary at all, tk. the role-playing system has been killed so much that any Persian can be made universal,

"No one sends messengers to the witcher with notes from friends / enemies, no one hands over an inheritance, there are nouns everywhere that you can't even talk to. No, at first glance it looks very realistic, but after completing the story you see very poor interactivity, unlike the game which came out 3.5 years earlier. "

- we have every chance to fix it all with a normal editor :-)

d
djjack 10.11.21

Iskander2015
"Skyrim is just a game! And the Witcher is rather an INTERACTIVE ART!
PS I'm probably already at that age when I want meaningfulness in games, in films."

- well said, I would also draw a different association: The Witcher 3 is a deep life drama, and Skyrim is entertaining comics against its background.
PS What is your age? Here in the topic, secretly, there are those who are over 50 already ;-)

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

djjack
"what kind of nonsense?"
The question is not even the timing of the development of the mod, but their quality. Who will do the animation so that you can see how the characters speak? And in Morrowind, Oblivion, the level of modifications was comparable to the original.
What attracted many newfagos of the third witcher, then they will repel them from mods. In any case, their quality will be very low compared to what the Projects have done. Now is not 2005, so that you can make a bunch of plot mods and players would accept it: remember the modifications to GTA SA and compare their number with modifications to GTA 4.

"In general, wait and see, but my opinion remains the same : pick up the editor from Skyrim "
How popular the third witcher will become two years after the release of such an editor will depend on the perception of the players when they see a significant difference between the modifications and the original. It is difficult to predict anything yet, because it is not known whether the projects will release the crietion kit editor or not.

S
SkyRaider 10.11.21

Just in the next blog about The Witcher 3, I probably read for the hundredth time from the "haters",
Haters ... haters, but who cares about their opinion? They don't seem to be playing at all! And why is the word haters in quotation marks?