3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
djjack 10.11.21 12:04 am

Advice to all those for whom the world is empty and boring. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Just in another blog about The Witcher 3, I probably read for the hundredth time from the "haters" that the Witcher world is empty, and Skyrim is saturated. Like, you walk, walk across Skyrim and then bam - a cave, or a village, or a farm, or an obelisk, etc., etc. And in The Witcher 3, they say, the opposite is true and except for the icons on the map there is nowhere else to go and there is nothing to explore. So excuse me, gentlemen, who is stopping at the very beginning to disable the display of all unopened locations on the map and mini-map? I believe that many people simply do not know that it is generally possible to do this using standard means of the game. I did it from the very beginning in the settings and it is still interesting for me to explore the world and find something new. For the sake of interest, I have now turned on these icons on Skeliga and found that I did not have about 60 open! Of course I understand, that for the munchkins they made an option with the display of these question marks, but it would be better if CDPR turned it off by default, because, indeed, the meaning of exploring the world is lost and it consists only in running from icon to icon. Now put, say, on Skyrim a mod that will display all undiscovered caves and places on the map - voila, the world will suddenly become boring and empty! Therefore, comrades, before starting a new game (even if this is a new game +), I strongly recommend that you do what is next under the spoiler in the screenshot -

Spoiler
75 Comments
Sort by:
d
djjack 10.11.21

SkyRaider
in quotes because there is no such word in Russian, and I just quoted the local lexicon and its dialects)))

S
SkyRaider 10.11.21

djjack
a, well, ok)

I
I am Batman 10.11.21

Norman Bates
I totally agree with you. Yes, even if it is inferior to the game world of some RPGs, I would not call it boring anyway.

Y
Yakim 10.11.21

Spent almost 2 months on the witcher, explored all locations except for some water marks on Skellig, laziness and boring to sail on a boat and dive for contraband. Having gone through the whole thing, I got 39Lv. Further, in fact, I do not know what to do in this huge beautiful world. There are no more serious opponents! You have to constantly move from one continent to another so that at least some normal opponents would respawn. The only thing that pleases is the gwent and then the low rates infuriate. Neither normal fishing nor hunting, in general, the only hope for new DLC! If you compare a little with Skyrim, then at least monotonous quests appear there and you can always chop someone up, build a house and do all kinds of garbage. And I really liked the game, the plot is a bomb, the dialogues are generally super, the graphics are also cool, especially the cherry orchards with a full moon! For their first open-world game will go. I played on PS4, maybe there will be some mods for computers that will solve this type of problem.

d
djjack 10.11.21

Yakim
so start a New Game +, there will be stronger enemies and you will find where your level and damage apply)))

Y
Yakim 10.11.21

djjack
The idea is good, but I don't even want to go through everything again, if there were some other tasks, locations, monsters in + ..., then I would start playing unambiguously, and so it remains to wait for DLC.

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

Yakim
For a long time there are mods that spawn different monsters and so on. In general, many mods, even without the aforementioned mega-editor, bring a lot of variety to the universe, in this regard, the PC, of ​​course, is definitely ahead of the consoles ...

d
djjack 10.11.21

Stribogg
would not want to breed another holivor, but I note that in any respect, the PC is ahead of the consoles, there is not a single advantage left for the consoles, except for their price, although it is leveled by the prices of games ...

S
Sergey067 10.11.21

but about the rotten tree skeletons randomly on the map as in Kingdoms of Amalur forgotten perhaps (though in Kingdoms of Amalur you had to download the skill for them)?

_
_Red_FoXx_ 10.11.21

djjack
To be honest, I didn't compare how many quests / caves / monsters there are per sq. meter of the game in Skyrim, the last Fall and The Witcher 3, I can only say that: that the same Skyrim, that the same last Fallout, without mods at once, passed and forgot. The Witcher is a game passing which, I stopped the passage, found all the books in the series available in Russian (9 pcs), read it, and then continued the passage, and I must say it became even more interesting to play! It's interesting when in the dialogues of the characters there are moments that you read about in the book ..., along the way remembering how it was written about it .., there is much more to say.
The world of The Witcher is made and worked out much more interesting, the plot is so thought out and tragic that you really worry about the characters in the game.
And I agree with Iskander2015
Skyrim is just a game! And the Witcher is rather an INTERACTIVE ART!
PS I'm probably already at that age when I want meaningfulness in games, in films.
I think the world of The Witcher seems empty and not saturated for those who are not interested in this story in principle ..., just like the worlds of games from the Gazebo, without additional mods, seem empty and not worked out ...

d
djjack 10.11.21

BlackZloj
Respect to you and my modest plus to your comment :-)

D
Dmitriy_XAN 10.11.21

pochtipushkin wrote:
When they talk about the emptiness of the world in The Witcher, it's not about the fact that all objects are open there. You at least turn off the questions - though not, but apart from the identical camps of bandits and evil spirits guarding some chest, there is practically nothing else there.
I’m reading this and I think that it’s bad that you played the game, apparently, I agree of course that random events like I met a bum with a quest for a minute and a half to clean up the dungeon, as in Skyrim there is less, but much more there are many more elaborated and interesting tasks, do you say there are fewer different caves in the Witcher? Ok, I agree, only that his area is not much, not a little, 3 times more than the same Skyrim, and in this area there are just a fig of all sorts of interesting places, do you see the difference that in Skyrim you will stumble upon some large ruins or a cave (of which the same type in Skyrim with a shaft, of course there are those that are unusual, but there are 5% of them there) in which, after cleaning, you will find the same chest with unnecessary loot or a word of power, oh yes, I forgot about the chest with an overly complex lock in which there are 3 tomatoes ))),

I
IDarkaxeI 10.11.21

))) you compare everything. For me, Skyrim is a world where you want to walk, and the Witcher is a world where you want to hang out with someone or play a game of cards

O
Old_Nick 10.11.21

Dmitriy_XAN wrote: I
kind of met a bum with a quest for a minute and a half to clean up the dungeon with
random events. There are no "random" events in the witcher! In general, from the word - at all;)
This "bum" will wait for the GG in the same place always, for any passage.
BUT - he will have a unique dialogue that will never be repeated by another of the same "homeless". Each mini-quest is unique, each "order" is not a big original story. BUT - once
This is exactly - "old school": "manual" work on each, the smallest, quest and no generators of the same type.
For players of the "Pepsi generation" - strange and incomprehensible;) And for those who remember monsters, such as Might & Magic (without "Heroes";)) - it is;

d
djjack 10.11.21

Dmitriy_XAN wrote:
in Skyrim you will stumble upon some large ruins or a cave (of which the same type in Skyrim is a shaft, there are, of course, which are unusual, but there are 5% of their strength) in which, after cleaning, you will find the same chest with unnecessary loot or a word of power, oh yes, I forgot about the chest with an overly complex lock in which there are 3 tomatoes))),
This is 5 points :-)