3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
djjack 10.11.21 12:04 am

Advice to all those for whom the world is empty and boring. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Just in another blog about The Witcher 3, I probably read for the hundredth time from the "haters" that the Witcher world is empty, and Skyrim is saturated. Like, you walk, walk across Skyrim and then bam - a cave, or a village, or a farm, or an obelisk, etc., etc. And in The Witcher 3, they say, the opposite is true and except for the icons on the map there is nowhere else to go and there is nothing to explore. So excuse me, gentlemen, who is stopping at the very beginning to disable the display of all unopened locations on the map and mini-map? I believe that many people simply do not know that it is generally possible to do this using standard means of the game. I did it from the very beginning in the settings and it is still interesting for me to explore the world and find something new. For the sake of interest, I have now turned on these icons on Skeliga and found that I did not have about 60 open! Of course I understand, that for the munchkins they made an option with the display of these question marks, but it would be better if CDPR turned it off by default, because, indeed, the meaning of exploring the world is lost and it consists only in running from icon to icon. Now put, say, on Skyrim a mod that will display all undiscovered caves and places on the map - voila, the world will suddenly become boring and empty! Therefore, comrades, before starting a new game (even if this is a new game +), I strongly recommend that you do what is next under the spoiler in the screenshot -

Spoiler
75 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stribogg 10.11.21

and the theme was created for those who want to diversify their journey in the world of the Wild Hunt. Not at all for meaningless statements ala "the world is empty", the game is bad and so on. Gentlemen who write this, what is the meaning of your statements? Can you explain it reasonably?)))

W
Wild rider 10.11.21

djjack
And I don't play it now)

For those who believe that the witcher is a great open world game: to increase the perception of one game, and so that all its aspects are not praised by inertia, just play other games so that you can compare =) The
Witcher 3 is the first game with openworld from Projects. The first pancake is lumpy, and you can see it.

Stribogg
No, it's just that their nests had to be arranged in other places, a little further away ... To be able to discern: here people lived / live, but there the places are completely wild, and a man's foot never set foot ...

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
Well, what is the point of your statements then? above has already asked a question to all.

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg
You will first explain the realism of the world, which hinted at trying to justify its emptiness.

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
I say again, I am not making excuses, I just say, the world is far from empty for me. If the DO is empty for someone, who even forces it to be in it? )) For example, I didn't like Fallout 4 just because of its world, in which at every step someone runs, shoots, lives .. There is no reality at all, just some kind of animated shooting gallery. So I played it for 2-3 days, deleted it and forgot it. Nowhere do I complain that he is bad .. I just forgot about him)))

d
digital_summer 10.11.21

I agree with many here. I would say that the world in The Witcher is interesting, but not random enough. On the pages of the forum, it was repeatedly written how to change this for the better, and the Poles themselves said that they were ready to improve. So we will wait for the new addition, maybe there will be a surprise =)

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

digital_summer Ksati
, randomness is just there)) For example, you can clean up some cave, and then return to it after some time, and there are already some other monsters living there))

d
digital_summer 10.11.21

Stribogg
This is not enough for today's top games. Also, let them gash down the reaction of others to the appearance of gg, for example =)

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
What a habit of filling some of your already published posts with new questions?)) In a real forest, you can go all day or a week and not meet anyone .. According to the proposed logic, the real forest is just mega-empty and unreal))))
By the way, you probably never played Armu, especially the third)))

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

digital_summer
I agree)) And then, for example, you can undress Geralt to his underpants, and he will run around the cities and villages like that, and everyone will communicate with him with a serious look)))

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg understood
Nothing, but oh well)

d
djjack 10.11.21

digital_summer
Regarding the reaction, by the way, I'm telling a real case: I passed the Skyrim plot, a charged level 36 warrior, came to get a job in the warriors guild. I come there, and from all sides every goof there, who will fall down with two blows, begins to tell me that I am a green, salag, dilettante and simply nobody! Guys, I just saved your world and I will clean your entire poorhouse in a couple of minutes, and you are talking about that! In the same Morrowind, they told me thanks at every corner and reminded me that I was a Nerevarine. This was the first time I left Skyrim on the floor ...

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
eprst, but it's not difficult for me to chew)))
1) In a real forest, you can walk all day or a week and not meet anyone .. According to the proposed logic, a real forest is just mega-empty and unreal))))
Almost all statements about the fact that the world BEFORE is "not alive", because it is empty, and that there are very few animals, people, caves, monsters, events, etc. per square kilometer.
2) By the way, you've probably never played Armu, especially in the third one)))
Armagh, the Czechs have such a megaproject. Now the current version is Arma 3. There you can walk for a real day through the forests-mountains-fields and not meet anyone))

M
Mordok 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
It is he, Kag-Bae, hinting at the existence of toys like an arm, in which they stupidly break for about five minutes in one direction through the forest (this, like, should be fiercely realistic). Although, how the emptiness of the Realistic Shooter and the real forest relate to the witcher - I did not catch))

djjack
Simply, while you were saving the world, the priests were pushing up from the floor - not aware of your feat))

p
pochtipushkin 10.11.21

Stribogg Aaaaa
. ... ... well, if such tops have gone =)
1) There is no need to confuse the real forest, which, yes, may be empty, and the forest in the game, which should be entertaining. Who's stopping to stuff it with caves? Who said that such a forest cannot exist? Moreover, one should not forget that it is impossible to call a forest REAL only because in a REAL forest there can be no drowned people and any creature. So the forest is fictional, and caves and other activities would not make it worse.
2) Well, in principle, I described everything in the 1st paragraph. I didn't play Armu, and the comparison is somehow out of place, after all, The Witcher is Fantasy, not a simulator.

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

Mordok
"kag-bae" Arma is not some kind of shooter. Or the projection of Arma-Daze, also a shooter?)))

M
Mordok 10.11.21

Stribogg
Yes, the Greatest Realistic Shooter ever! Forgot to add "The Greatest" above))

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

pochtipushkin
What to talk about with a person who divides games into fantasy and simulations? A real gamer is one who divides all games into those that you want to play over and over again, and those that are quickly removed from the computer.

S
Stribogg 10.11.21

Mordok
blah blah blah. Your whole post, buddy)))

M
Mordok 10.11.21

Stribogg
After your annealing about gamers - I'm afraid to argue!