3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Skull face 10.11.21 12:14 am

Game Impression (DiRT Rally)

71 Comments
Sort by:
D
Duke_XCX 10.11.21

KUBASIKUS
at the end of the year

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

yuri13
> excellent game, especially exciting driving with a view from the cockpit

And if you add a normal steering wheel to the view from the cockpit, then finally the thrill.

I
Ivanushka-GRID 10.11.21

I bring to the attention of the public a review on the blog:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:poAMn51A7n0J:www.playground.ru/blogs/dirt_rally/k_likovaniyu_sektantov-141999/+&cd=1&hl=ru&l=clnk&g (My blog was deleted several times, because, as it turned out, they suspect that it was not me who wrote Al. Both laughter and sin. So there remains a link to Google's cache).
In many forums, we see the enthusiasm of the fans. To which, however, it would be difficult for me to force myself to join. I would probably say that the game is not so bad, but ... after playing a little in the career mode, I will say this: it would be better if it was definitely nasty. And so - we see again how a potentially great game was unnecessarily spoiled.

Let's outline the main points that can be highlighted:

1. Luxurious tracks in principle - beautiful and interesting, really long.

2. Chipped physics. That is, there is physics, but this is NOT a RALLY: the main element of the art of rally driving is excluded - a controlled skid.

3. Idiotic gameplay elements.

4. Complete lack of multiplayer.

In general, I would say this ... 11 years ago, the Trekmania Sunrise game was released - in my opinion, the best in the series. Now there is no such thing, but then there were 2 modes: race against time and race to complete. In the latter case, you just had to get to the finish line using a minimum of flashbacks. I went all the way to the gold, but here I moved not far. not because it is difficult, but simply - to plunge into it headlong for whole weeks ... it is not always possible ...

In general, the following can be said about the game under discussion: this is a game of passing, only without flashbacks and with the need to maintain a certain pace.
- continuation of the link.

I
Ivanushka-GRID 10.11.21

By the way, people who are minus my post - look here:

It seems that today I am almost the best Russian pilot in this game. At least in this challenge, ours are not higher than me. So I know what I'm talking about. And you still realize that I was right.
By the way, here is the race itself:

I drove carefully, actually I have a faster best time here ...

P
Pavel rally 10.11.21

Ivanushka-GRID
Why do you even play DiRT Rally if you don't like it?

I
Ivanushka-GRID 10.11.21

Subaru BRZ STI
Is this the only thing that you got from my text? It says that the game is playable in principle, but it could have been much better, so it's a pity. Here Dirt 3 is not playable for me ...

D
DOLOMIT_YURA 10.11.21

and where can you get it?

P
Pavel rally 10.11.21

Yra_85
On Steam.

S
S lash 10.11.21

Ivanushka-GRID
Lol, who are you anyway? Man, you called Grid 2 a simulator ...
I went all the way to gold at speed, but then I advanced not far. not because it is difficult, but simply - to plunge into it headlong for whole weeks ... it is not always possible ...
What? What is this? And what about trekmania? And what, what, you knocked out gold there? It seems to me that someone's hands are in the wrong place. xD
Well, I'll just write it for everyone, the cartoon will be delivered later.
Give up on drugs, but most importantly with reviews.

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

S lash
Ivanushka-GRID is, as always, in his repertoire, but he is right about controlled drifts, they are not ...

S
Sprintin 10.11.21

RAZIEL_
how not? you want to say suba does not knock sideways? yah!
I'll check later, it's just that my fox is far from raliy, damn it falls sideways, and if here with 300+ mares it does not go into a controlled drift, I will be sad and will forever bury the rally from codemasters.
MacRae why is that? ((((
the more the "skid" was in all series (kmr-dirt), it cannot be), as I understand it, this game wants to step over the arcade-sim step and get closer to the sim! as then in the sim there can be no controlled skid ? yes, a car with a half kick should spin if the driver wants it, especially rally cars.how
then a full or rear one cannot go into a skid? and even a Zaporozhets goes into a skid)

damn when the work is over, I want to check (

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

Sprintin
Well, it's not that there are none at all, there are drifts, don't worry so much)))

m
mister611 10.11.21

Today I started the game for the first time, dashed off quite a bit. First impressions are pretty positive considering the early version of the game. The graphics are at the level, the eye pleases, a special gift for me is the excellent 3D stereo mode, immersing me in the game with my head)). Game developers have not been pleased for a long time - direct support for HD3D, in this regard, special thanks to the codecs! The tracks are long, beautiful, rather difficult. Weather conditions and time of day are well rendered, excellent shadows, reflections, interior detailing and effects. The view from the cockpit is like a balm for the soul after GRID Autosport)). The behavior of the cars was at first stunned, until I adjusted the steering wheel more or less normally, and I didn’t get used to the controls. In general, the purchase of the game is credible, the main thing is not disappointed. Of course, there is still a lot of work for the developers if the game is positioned as a sim, pay special attention to feedback (oh, here, if the sensitivity of the car as in the Assetto Corsa - the price, it would not be), but even now it is quite playable. There were not enough good rally races for a long time - now there is. I will be happy to run in and of course wait for updates with improvements, new content and a cartoon))

E
Eric Nelson 10.11.21

Pts cool everything) except control)) everyone who talks about physics)) apparently never sat behind the wheel in reality))) your logic is that the harder it is to keep the car on the track)) the more the game looks like a simulator) ) d nifiga) you brake in front of the hairpin up to 20 km per hour)) you turn the steering wheel to the full)) and the car drags forward)) there is no grip at all)) this is stupidity ... this is the only thing that I do not like ... still haven’t learned how to recoil on the steering wheel ... everything happens somehow inadequately)) my grandfather's seven is better controlled) than these cars prepared for the rally))

someone is shouting that they have finally returned to the rally ... but it's boring. dert 2 ... icon) let soap, let fireworks ... but drive ... soundtrack! variety of disciplines! the pulse does not fall below 120)) from the heat of passions ...

not only is this, in terms of physics, not a simulator ... so they also made it dull both on the soundtrack and on the menu and so on ... GOD, they even made the navigator with a British accent !!))))) boring. .. in real life I have enough dullness and despondency) give at least a game of soap and yellow)))

mechanics ... car repairs, etc. ... all this is happening somewhere behind the scenes ... why is it not visualized?

in the end, a cool igruha ... can be applied to both management and dullness ... but ONLY a rally? boring

P
Pavel rally 10.11.21

Having experimented with the settings of all-wheel drive cars, I concluded that if you send most of the power to the rear-wheel drive, then it is possible to take turns in a skid, you need to turn off Stability Control and Traction Control, go to Setup Vehicle before the race, then go to Viscous Differential (Cente), Torque Bias: Front / Real move the slider all the way to the right, not all 4WD cars have this setting available.

To turn off motion blur, in the graphics settings, select Shader Detail - Low

At Rally Great Britain, David Higgins paid tribute to Colin McRae by painting his car.

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

Do you manage to take first places in the offline championship?
I have this picture all the time:

I am certainly not the fastest pilot, but the gap between first and second places is simply huge, I can't even imagine how such a gap can be won back, given that I start each section from the beginning at the slightest jamb.
It seemed that I was driving well, and the car with all the upgrades, but I lose 10-20 seconds on each segment ...

P
Pavel rally 10.11.21

RAZIEL_
Yes, it is impossible to win, maybe the difficulty will be reduced in the final version.

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

In the rain, on a rear-wheel drive car, vashsche buzz

Slowly roll in, in online events I almost always invest in the top time, the truth is still far from victories)

I
Ikabot 10.11.21

Fucking already ZADOLBALI developed simulator jerkers satisfy. And Project Cars and Dirt Rally - I have nothing against the genre, but how long can you?
When will there finally be good, new arcade races with a good storyline and drive? (not online)

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

Ikabot
I have another question, when will there be simulators with a good storyline? )