3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nehalim 10.11.21 08:17 pm

Solving the problem with FPS and lags on Nvidia cards (Tomb Raider (2013))

while comrades from Nvidia are trying to make firewood and patch a gap in the game, a temporary alternative is possible to solve such a capricious jamb as a sudden drop in FPS in frequent and rare cases. In general, a bunch of solutions on this matter are offered, but often they concern the owners of a video card from Nvidia, which I am and are fraudulent to disable some game functions such as tessellation and the much-praised TressFX, etc.

I suggest enabling all graphics functions in the game, but before that open the "Nvidia Control Panel" go to "PhysX Configuration Setting" and select the "CPU" processor instead of a video card or auto (which is the same thing). Perhaps PhysX somehow conflicts with the graphics functions of the game, which is why there are shoals with a drop in FPS.
These manipulations helped me and now I can safely play without drawdowns and swearing.
70 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gvini 10.11.21

Tell me how to remove motion blur?

X
Xpessar 10.11.21

Gvini
In many games this parameter is locked and cannot be removed in any way.

X
XtetrisX 10.11.21

Gvini
If anti-aliasing is enabled then completely disable it.

S
SkyGame 10.11.21

new drivers only for the latest 6xx series, who have a 5xx series and below that, you can install new drivers once a year, I mean that if you have an old video card, then you will not see any increase in FPS in games.

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

SkyGame You
may not see much gain, but the jambs and brakes will be much less.

A
Alexandrioan 10.11.21

Good day! What a controversy, everything works great on NVIDIA cards with the latest driver. The game is exciting. Play and have fun!

X
XyJluGaHka 10.11.21

I have such a joke that you install the game from scratch all the graphics to the maximum (no brakes) just went out and went in, everything slows down so that the menu hardly comes out Any opinions on how to solve this glitch?

P
Piro2 10.11.21

FUN !! In one of the scenes where the first time Lara took a pistol and everything is on fire all around (there you still shoot in slow motion) !!

570 GTX overclocked !!! I play with maximum anisotropy settings 8 x - antialiasing 4 x! shows 58 FPS in the exact place!

I think let me turn on Lara's hair, since there is such a large supply! Included and a miracle !! 15- 19 FPS !!!

Firewood 314.21 BETA. Here is such an OPTIMIZATION !!

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Piro2
In general, I do not recommend installing Beta drivers. It's like in games or any other ... beta for that and beta to check ...

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Fant0maSS
anti-aliasing disable

T
Thorgal 10.11.21

Yesterday I put the game for my wife, ran a little myself, checked the work of the saves and settings. What do SSAO, tessellation, and accurate calculation really do? I turned on, turned off these options, I did not notice any difference on the screen. And they seem to eat fps. Strange ...

With hair, of course, fps is gorged by mom, don't worry ... In cutscenes, it drops to about 18-25. The game is 35-45. And without them at least 60 (vertical sync. Does not allow to measure the upper limit).

And one more question. Is this exactly the last patch? It seems like there should be one zero after one? Not?

P
Piro2 10.11.21

IceDMC
So I would not put them! I have with official firewood 314.07 Grass blinks or shadows from them! It is possible to play but unpleasant.
And with betta the glitch was gone. And it was written that the firewood was optimized for Lara. I was still hoping that I would play with my hair. But not destiny Although the Klyuki were gone.

Actually, my card is probably outdated for such things as hair with maximum settings, although it is damn overclocked and heats up at 66 degrees.

L
Lary cross aka nick hande 10.11.21

Thorgal
What do SSAO, tessellation and accurate calculation really do?
SSAO is an algorithm for lighting objects in the game, which allows you to create a more contrasting and beautiful picture. Tessellation allows you to create better textures, especially the textures of stones and other surfaces. I confess I don’t know what makes the exact calculation. I myself really saw the difference in tessellation - in the first versions of the game it is not particularly noticeable, after updates there are also quite noticeable differences. I did not check the difference in the SSAO and did not check the exact calculation.

Is this exactly the last patch? It seems like there should be one zero after one? Not?
This is the last patch.

P
Piro2 10.11.21

This is very clearly visible on the textures in the game. SSAO is HZ how to say)))) in general, shadows become or appear in any roughness or bends. If you look closely, you can even notice it in the game.

T
Thorgal 10.11.21

Lary Cross aka nick hander I
myself really saw the difference in tessellation - in the first versions of the game it is not particularly noticeable, after updates there are also quite noticeable differences.
Thanks for the info.
In general, this is the most CCAO put on "norms." Like, to be. Although during the game, there is especially no time to look closely at the shadows from the roughness on the pebbles. Wolves eat ... But the difference between "normal" and "high" did not notice. Tessellation and exact calculation cut out in figs because what happened to them, that without them I did not notice any difference. And I lowered the texture a little. Again, looking at Larino's face close up, smeared with blood and dirt, I did not feel any difference in textures. I left my hair, my wife liked it. FPS in the game is quite acceptable (in RDR on PS3 it was clearly lower for me),
I really haven't changed firewood for vidyuhi, probably for a whole year. The release of the latest firewood will be released, maybe I will decide to change it. I do not want to bet a beta.

B
Burning out Burning out 10.11.21

Thorgal
I really haven't changed firewood for vidyuhi, probably for a whole year the

game itself with curve optimization, even firewood from the Jurassic period
, what kind of gain are we talking about?

a
andrei76825 10.11.21

Thorgal
Along the way, another Neanderthal) Then why don't you need a vidyah?

G
GasoLine | GL 10.11.21

IceDMC is the
author of what you smoke, share with me, there is no Physics in TR ...

L
Lary cross aka nick hande 10.11.21

Along the way, another Neanderthal) Then why nafig just do vidyaha need?
Nobody gave you the right to offend strangers. Of course, I understand that for you, and for many other users of Nvidia video cards, it is in the order of things to reinstall drivers for each new game, and on radeons everything works fine with drivers of a year ago, so you don't need to worry about changing them.
The person clearly argued why he exposes such graphics settings, this is his business. By insulting him with a "Neanderthal", you only showed the level of your development. Ironically, everything is just the opposite =)

q
qwertyu123123123 10.11.21

percent - i3, video GT 650M with 1 gig, opera 8 GB
settings all on ultra, turned off anti-aliasing, tesalation and hair ... when loading it gives 50-60 vps, I twist the camera all right, it is worth taking a few steps as the fps drops to 20 -thirty!! And moreover, if you put all the settings to the minimum, then there is no difference in the increase in FPS !! ((patch 1.1.730.0 + 314.22 !!
I can't understand what's the matter!