3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nehalim 10.11.21 08:17 pm

Solving the problem with FPS and lags on Nvidia cards (Tomb Raider (2013))

while comrades from Nvidia are trying to make firewood and patch a gap in the game, a temporary alternative is possible to solve such a capricious jamb as a sudden drop in FPS in frequent and rare cases. In general, a bunch of solutions on this matter are offered, but often they concern the owners of a video card from Nvidia, which I am and are fraudulent to disable some game functions such as tessellation and the much-praised TressFX, etc.

I suggest enabling all graphics functions in the game, but before that open the "Nvidia Control Panel" go to "PhysX Configuration Setting" and select the "CPU" processor instead of a video card or auto (which is the same thing). Perhaps PhysX somehow conflicts with the graphics functions of the game, which is why there are shoals with a drop in FPS.
These manipulations helped me and now I can safely play without drawdowns and swearing.
70 Comments
Sort by:
T
TIGERblacK 10.11.21

Everything is normal for me and TressFX is turned off. Goes smoothly.

q
qwertyu123123123 10.11.21

Suddenly someone will help)) I solved my problem with a drop in fps from 50 to 15 !!))
the fact is that on the laptop the percentage of i3 is 2.30 Ghz. in printsype for the game this is enough, but I turned on throttling when it reached about 80 C per cent. because of this, the load on it was immediately limited! Through the "ThrottleStop" program, I looked that the percentage was working when throttling at 1.4 Ghz !!)) or even less!)) in short, it did not work at 100%, but somewhere by 60%!))
I solved the problem like this! ... the back cover from the laptop, unscrewed the cooler on the process, cleaned everything from dust (and there was a lot of dust)! after that I set max. permissible load per percent 2Ghz (if you put 2.30, then the cooling does not cope and the computer turned off)!)
now I play on ultra settings with anti-aliasing, turned off the current hair and tesalation)) fps in the cisterns of the premises 60! on the largest lacquers it does not fall below 35!)) on average 45!) I am pleased with the result!)

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

-TrO_FiM_AkA_ [end of pine trees] -
What do you smoke and what to drink, and at one and eat, of course, your business. Read carefully, if it doesn’t work, then sleep off, ventilate the little head and try again, perhaps with several times it will be possible to catch at least a small meaning of what has been written.

P
Purgesha 10.11.21

who can explain at all what the "exact calculation" gives, what calculates?)

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

Purgesha
In theory, calculates the movement, fall of YY.

N
Nehalim 10.11.21

I found a cant, maybe only for me, but on the Nvidia 314.22 drivers there are freezes and lags in all games, apparently they did it in a hurry. I rolled back to the previous version, the problem disappeared.

F
Figa [Kings] 10.11.21

DJ Semen A
normal and working video card does not heat up ... if the cooler is noisy then this is a problem of optimizing the overheating control software ... I will take 250 zotak and 450 zotak as an example .... the cooler is the same =) different video =) 450 not makes noise ... does not make noise at all ... although more powerful =) so noise and overheating is a problem of iron ...

F
Figa [Kings] 10.11.21

Gvini
New patches can enable and disable blur in video settings =)

N
NuKoLb 10.11.21

Thank you very much, there was a CPU on the video card, made a car and stopped lagging

M
Man man man 10.11.21

the computer will not burn if it works from 8 am to 22 pm
I think you can only turn on for the duration of the game, I do not play often