3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mcbrut 10.11.21 09:29 pm

Impressions of the full version of the game (PC) (I Am Alive)

Good game
76 Comments
Sort by:
S
Simorli 10.11.21

Passed I am Alive.
The impressions are rather ambiguous. But the game as a whole I liked it. Moreover, there are very few sensible post-apocalyptic projects, and you have to appreciate what it is.

The idea and plot of the game itself are quite interesting and sound. The main character is not the savior of the world, country, city of some kind of battered in the end, but a simple guy who in a difficult time is trying to find his family in all this despondency.

At the expense of the idea. What pleased the most was the fact that the developers were smart enough not to cram tons of "action meat" into the game, which is often shoved where and where it is necessary and where not. with an empty store, and on the go think how to get out of this scrape. And most importantly, your worst enemy is not a company of gopniks, but mother nature, so to speak. Do many games have something like this? I don't think so. This approach is clearly original, whatever one may say. This is the strongest side of the game.

On the account of the management. I can not understand why many did not like it. Sorry dear ones, but compared to most ports today, the management in I am Alive is simply divine. I have never experienced any difficulties with it. Obedient like a trained dog.

At the expense of graphics. Of course, in the game it does not shine with realism, this is a fact, but it does not annoy. Rather, it gives a certain charm. By focusing on black-white-gray textures, the developers did not lose. The atmosphere of despondency and hopelessness is conveyed perfectly. Just what you need. for such a game.

Bottom line. A good, deep, meaningful game. But you can feel a huge untapped potential in it, both in technical terms and in the storyline. Short, but worth the time. I hope for the second part.

Verdict: The game earned a solid 9.0 / 10.

K
Killer PRO 47 10.11.21

Recently passed. In principle, it will go to drive for a couple of evenings. In general, my rating is 7/10.

J
Jackson [x] 10.11.21

It's not even a bad game, as I said before I played it.
The atmosphere is well rendered and the gameplay is interesting.
Due to the lack of competitors and the relative originality of the idea, my rating is 10/10.

S
Svetloyar 10.11.21

I played for about an hour. I decided to get acquainted with the game, tk. in the description it was said that this is a survival. Uh, where is he? All this food, first-aid kits, water, this is needed only indirectly, playing cleanly, you can practically do without it, we will not die of thirst, hunger, loss of blood. And the task is not to survive, but to find a family. The whole game rides on rails, no freedom and no alternative paths. No natural disasters during the gameplay, not counting a dust storm, which, except for a decrease in stamina, does not affect anything; having swallowed sand, the character will not have internal bleeding, he will not see worse, the tired character still moves briskly. And the dust storm itself is presented in the form of grain, this is ridiculous. At the beginning of the game, moving across the bridge, I expected that some element would fall off, a car would fall to the bottom, but no, everything is firmly glued. After Dark Sols, I was wildly surprised that in a game dedicated to a kind of survival, the character cannot stupidly fall while standing on the edge of the abyss, and you can also open the inventory right during the battle and brazenly eat the stew. I liked the visual design as a whole, but the same type, cloned buildings, pipes, beams are frankly beginning to enrage. The plot is interesting, as already mentioned above, finally we are not eager to save the world, but are concerned about our own experiences. There is also a strange element in the form of patients lying on the bed, waiting for yrs and just saying "hey, man, give me a first-aid kit." The system of interaction with other characters pleased me, it is not clear why it was not developed in the form of dialogues, during which it would be possible to achieve different variations in the resolution of the conflict, depending on the nature and intentions of the opponents and the lines we have chosen, and so, all meetings take place almost under tracing paper. Uniformity and monotony are generally the main problem of this game. By the way, I still can't understand how this character, picking up a cartridge, instantly loads it =) So I do not agree with a number of users, it’s just the realism that is lacking. The game is not a survival rather, but a quest, or a climber simulator, if you like.

P
PieceOFHappiness 10.11.21

I think that the game turned out cool (albeit short) .. the atmosphere is coolly conveyed, it escalates to the point that dreams are dreamed))), the plot is good ... for me the game turned out to be difficult ... even if you consider that I had a great desire help people around ... in general, the game is cool, but I would like to further develop the plot :)

m
mir_trud_may 10.11.21

The game made me happy. For a long time I did not get such pleasure, I even reshuffled to find all the survivors - in the end I did not find 3 of them :) I liked the showdown with the gangs, the cleverness of the mobs, albeit the same type, but still, every time you have to figure out who, how and when bring down. Mountaineering is very interesting. In some moments there is even a small choice of solutions, in several tasks, and as you go through, you envy the player. The atmosphere rules and maintains the tension.
My rating is 9/10

B
Body language 10.11.21

Great game))) The game is to teach us how people survive after the end of the world, violent natural disasters, earthquakes, sandstorms. I like the style of play, nothing superfluous, everything is in its place. There is also a partially open world, but spoils the impression of the Persian's rapidly ending endurance on the ground due to the storm. Real survivol, chic black and white atmosphere, I like games with this genre. In our time, very few such games are riveted (some cattle and blown feces). Decent 8.8 / 10. Agree with the pegach's assessment ^ _ ^

M
Mr. John Shepard 10.11.21

Solid 8/10, since the graphon is not very much (I did not expect anything else from a game weighing 1 GB), the game pleased with its atmosphere + obviously the story is not finished yet, we are waiting for part 2 ... In short, I spent 2 hours pleasantly ...

S
Stailet 10.11.21

The ending screwed it up. Surely there will be a sequel ... for another 15 bucks. It's good that I didn't buy it.

S
SNAKE_obanze 10.11.21

What can I say)))) The game is really cool!)

Aged in a decent style with its own graphic chip! The developers perfectly understood the degree of perspective of this project, so they did not make graphics ala Far cry 3, (I would not even discuss anything here, it is clear that Yubisoft did it consciously, apparently this is an experiment, although the genre is not original) but made a stylistic move with a graphic solution! The graphics style made me think of Afterfall. I quickly got used to the controls!) In comparison with how it was ported to the PC "Dark Souls", this game is just a fairy tale!))))) Everything is fine with the camera, there is no dergotni, the control is specific, I do not argue, but not a disaster either!

In general, an interesting project turned out (from my point of view!): 7.5 (a well-deserved mark)
The idea of ​​the game seemed to me quite interesting!) (One drawback is that the game starts to get dull pretty quickly! The style and ideological shock passed somehow quickly! It was actually enough for 1/3 of the game! And then the routine ...)

S
SkyGame 10.11.21

I remember reading a review of the PG, everything was much more interesting in terms of combat, but in reality everything is worse, like a gang comes up, you choose someone with a pistol, he comes up with a cleaver, if the second bandit with a pistol you shoot at him, the rest with knives you scare them pistol and push into the abyss. And the fight is all tied up on one button, just have time to press quickly. I still have not found where there is a choice that would simply disperse with the bandits in the world.

K
KEISER_213 10.11.21

The plot is good, interesting, but the graphics could have been done better. Although there and after the destruction, everything is in dust, in mud - they could have worked out more clearly. Passed it in just 4 hours and 30 minutes non-stop.
The only thing that killed was stupid, moronic control, especially when crawling along a height or when changing a weapon from a bow to a pistol. Well, you can kill with a bow, pull out a pistol and drive off the enemy. Then pick up the arrow again and kill again, and so on until you shoot everyone with a bow, saving cartridges. And sometimes he gets stupid and they manage to slaughter you.

T
Tamerlan018 10.11.21

A very good game.
The atmosphere is excellent, fascinating skirmishes with opponents, the story is told in a very interesting way - all this causes a lot of positive emotions during the passage.
There is only one drawback - the control system. It often gets buggy when climbing ledges.

L
LordAlastor 10.11.21

Just finished the game. In general, I really liked it, the game even seemed short. The game was played in survival mode, albeit with an auto-aim (but against armored targets, and in one place when saving a girl from a rapist, you still need to aim yourself), I decided to feel this very survival. As someone wrote above, of course there is no dependence on water, and if you swallow the dust you won't get sick. But this is not necessary, it would be quite a simulator of some kind. What can I say about the game itself: it is very original, non-standard, varied. At least I liked the fact that having searched the entire location for canned food, bottles of water, returning after 2-3 missions, you will not find resurfaced resources there (although in some places, when you go through the plot, they still cut something, but absolutely a little) I walked around the city center at the beginning of the game, to the respirator and collected everything he could, and even helped almost all the survivors. Then, with a respirator, I examined everything again, there were much fewer finds. Everything that I collected helped me a lot during the story missions. In the game, in my opinion, the control is quite decent, but not ideal, when climbing all the time, the character climbs crookedly onto the pipe, or something prevents him from climbing a little higher, you need to climb from a certain point, or God forbid you accidentally press the extra space bar times, stamina is gradually spent, but soda and water write off all the slight inconvenience with the control, allowing you to calmly get where you need to. When clashes with bandits, it also seems that everything is simple, there is only one tactic, the first one should just be slaughtered suddenly, then scare the rest with a pistol, then either from a bow, or drive them to a cliff / fire, the latter to stun or (which I liked better) to slaughter in a fight, from which it is very easy to come out the winner 1 on 1. But in reality, I was far from always able to act as it should, and as in life, something happened wrong, in the end I could or not lead the enemy to the fire back with a gun a little time is given, they quickly begin to think that I am bluffing), either I did not have time to draw an arrow from a bow and they hit me, or I chose the wrong targets (sometimes you decide who to kill first: a guy with a pistol or in armor, suddenly not armored kill, and aiming during a skirmish is also dangerous), or something else. Sometimes I wasted ammunition in the turmoil, which in seconds after the battle I began to regret. But these are the situations that I like in the game, you will either do everything right and not spend it, and even get an extra cartridge from a group of bandits, or you will panic and spend ammo to survive, because you didn’t want to start the level from the very beginning (and it’s a pity to waste attempts, I finished the game with 17 in stock ) This certain unpredictability of the development of events gave me an eerie interest. True, sometimes the jambs came out purely because of a strange bug, for example, I took the enemy to a fire or a cliff, came closer to press E and push, but the icon that could be pushed did not appear, in the end I had to start shooting. It was also enraged that by switching the mouse wheel from a bow to a pistol, the pistol would miss and the hero again took out the bow, and at that time they already beat you. Well, something else happened. The cartridges in the game are really worth their weight in gold, perhaps most important after cameras with attempts. Gathering supplies at the levels is simply very useful, after the initial levels with rock climbing and a shortage of soda or hooks, in some moments, finding supplies at the level in advance think that they will be very useful in the future, and in missions you thank yourself that you were not lazy and collected everything. At the same time, it is very good that they did not respawn resources, otherwise it would simply not be interesting.
The plot is very simple, in places it is even primitive in logic, but not annoying, there is a main goal and well, you should not focus on the details. I really liked some moments with the survivors. Like a moment in a subway tunnel, when they shared with me strange meat, and a little further there were cells with skeletons, and even further ... Or when I climbed into the lair to "Quasimodo", whom I noticed before purchasing a respirator, expecting my death and hoping for good prey, the reward was really worth the sortie. Or that moment in the hotel behind the screen. All this gives the game an atmosphere. Listening to the stories of the rescued is not particularly interesting, but sometimes curious facts slip through about where the main character's family may be.
The atmosphere in the game is at the proper level, everything around is gray, dusty, destroyed. Close up, if you come close to the objects, the graphics ... let's say, pretty poor. But from an average distance, or if you look into the distance, then everything looks beautiful, sometimes you even stare. Huge destroyed buildings look harsh from afar, and when you climb the cornice - gray, soapy, ugly textures. Some cars are almost square white boxes when you come up close and look at them.
The game does not occupy the same place all the time and brings some kind of variety every time. At first we just climb, then they throw a group of bandits at us, then some kind of storm, which I ran very quickly. Then wandering through tunnels, in the dark, searching for supplies in a dusty city, stealth elements. The situation / time of day changes, which is very nice, then we are on the ship, then in the hotel we are trying to play stealth (perhaps the most crooked and unfinished part of the game, although in the final it was not bad, but sometimes stealth annoyed me, the enemies could sometimes see me behind the wall in squatting mode, they ran up insolently and attacked), then we change our climbing on an ordinary building to an inverted one, a trifle, but a little unusual. Even if you don't like it all that much, there are very few missions in the game, if you do not explore the central city, do not complete side missions, the game is played very quickly. I didn't have time to get enough of the game, I want more missions, new locations. On the other hand, it might get boring. In general, throughout the entire game, there is a feeling that little money and effort has been invested in the game, and it would still be, much better than it is now. Even so, the game is very good.
I note a good pumping sound, especially in dark, gloomy places, for example, inside the ship, when I climbed there, sometimes comparisons with silent hill came to mind. Or when stamina remains less and less, then the pumping sound is louder and louder, makes you hurry and at first slightly leads to panic.
The game brought a lot of pleasure and did not get tired of being overly drawn out, for acrobatics lovers, where they need to figure out how best to climb up and have time to do it in the allotted period of time, as well as for lovers of collecting supplies by levels that will be useful for further passing, and will not rise like zombies or resources in grandfather of Iceland - I recommend to play. Well, there are also a couple of dramatic moments, although I didn't see anything particularly memorable. The game was played with a score of 115% (an additional bonus for bravery, humanity, not theft, although I think that the members of United Russia would have scored a much better result), 10 deaths, saved survivors 18 out of 20. I think I missed a couple at the beginning, before how to enter the house, I was wounded and decided it would be better to sit there, and then explore the city. A question for those who saved all the survivors: does something change in the ending or is presented,
In general, I really liked the game. But it could have been even better.

T
Tatarin2 10.11.21

I took the game by accident, I remembered about some films similar to it, I was looking for films on the Internet and came across a game, well, I think if I like mysticism and where I just need to survive, I'll take it, I'll play it anyway, I don't lose anything.

At first glance, the game was very impressed with its setting and beginning, but when it came to fights, I really didn’t like the fighting style, and the fact that when I chose to play on a difficult level it was not possible to do some things that I would like to see during a fight.

If you take an example, you point a pistol at the progenitor, he begins to make his hands up, you go to him a place in order to hit the weight and quickly stun he does something completely different, and the place of another is or vice versa, and still the tip suffers if you want to kill at the beginning the one who with the cannon from your but the place for this is to aim at the one who has the knife in his hand, and the cartridges are given one at a time, and at the same time you die from a bullet or finishing off a sword. Fights with swords also suffer at first when I fought with an opponent YuATE, it seems that there is nothing if he is alone, but when a bunch of them at first did not fall and then fell during YUATE. Although maybe everything is ahead, since I reached the current to the load and right now I am walking with the child around my neck through the metro sewer.

The game keeps me current so that the plot is cool more than once I have not met this, especially when you walk alone, and it holds that the player can get tired and they can kill him, and not because in some you will not die until you collect a certain amount.

P
Pavel1972 10.11.21

Although I am an avid gamer, this game somehow passed my attention at one time, I found out about its existence quite recently, accidentally stumbling upon a video review on Yu-Tube. While watching the review, I began to vaguely remember that I saw a report about this game several years ago in some TV program about computer games. Since the program said that the game will be released exclusively in the version for consoles, I quickly forgot about it ... To remember again just a month ago. What I saw in the review was very intriguing, I immediately realized that the game was a masterpiece, and when I found out that this masterpiece still came out not only in the version for consoles, but also for the PC, I was very happy and hurried to download and upload the game to my computer. ... I confess, the game met all my expectations! This is a real masterpiece! Of course, the development was not done without some borrowing from other games. This, for example, concerns the style of parkour (very reminiscent of "Prince of Persia"), and the scale of endurance, coupled with a respirator (unambiguously taken from Tomb Ryder 6) ... Despite this, the game is very original, and there are a lot of original chips in it. This is the atmosphere of a city that survived an earthquake with its dilapidated buildings, smog and sand and dust storms (many gamers scold the graphics in the game, but I, on the contrary, want to praise it, I perfectly understood why the developers made it exactly like this: they wanted to depict in a naturalistic way a city covered with a haze of ash, dust and sand, and they succeeded perfectly; moreover, if you look at how the main character is clearly drawn in full HD resolution, then in spite of the "graphomaniac" we can conclude that the graphics in the game are by no means outdated ). This is also an unusual style of fighting bandits, in my opinion, very interesting and original feature. This is the presence of unusual items in the game along with ordinary items (canned food, water, first-aid kits): whether it is rat or even human meat, inhalers, some bags of chemicals, soda (soda, as I understand it, is generally a thing in the game almost useless, it only increases the level of stamina when we drink it with food). And I also really liked the feature in the game related to the hero's help to other people, some of whom are quite difficult to find (these people are like secret artifacts in the games of the Tomb Ryder series). Again, it was very adrenaline to collect useful items during a dust storm in the city: this should be done in a hurry so as not to lose the supply of the stamina scale. This game, of course, is not a horror, but a rather scary and nervous thriller. Extreme ammo shortage, limited stamina, finally disturbing music - all this creates an extremely tense atmosphere ... At the same time, it is very pleasant that the plot of the game is diluted with touching moments (saving the girl and her mother, helping other injured people ...). In general, my rating for the game is 10/10. I launched the game on my new powerful computer on 8-ke with full HD resolution, the game runs perfectly without brakes and bugs. Many people criticize the controls in the game, they say, it is inconvenient. I don’t know, for me it’s very comfortable, I got used to it almost immediately. The only drawback is that switching weapons with the mouse wheel does not work well. Passed the game 2 times on an easy level: in the first playthrough of additional missions I helped 18 people out of 20 (I didn’t find the remaining 2) and could not fix the elevator in a high-rise (I didn’t find the 2nd can of gasoline), in the second playthrough I helped all 20 people (this time found everyone) and repaired the elevator (we managed to find both cans of gasoline).