3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AgeRP 11.11.21 10:43 pm

Where did the Dwemer disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)

Let's in this thread collect all the information about the Dwemer (from all TES series) and the fact of their disappearance.
And maybe we can finally decide what really happened to them, where did they disappear to?
I still adhere to the opinion that the Dwemer managed to transfer themselves to another world (dimension) with the help of Numidium. I would like to hear the version of experts in Dagerfall and other TES series.
119 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kovu 11.11.21

Good and Evil.
This is what I know. But my first sentence is categorically at variance with your words.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

Please confirm your words about Oblivion. Their source And then something I do not remember ...

M
Mr._Sin 11.11.21

I saw somewhere that the Dwemer could move to other realities. I am already looking, I have not been interested in this for a long time.

K
Kovu 11.11.21

Good and Evil
It seems that Yagrum himself is talking about this. I'll check it tomorrow.

B
Bianor 11.11.21

Leshiy 3D, Oblivion, this is NOT hell. This is the analogue of Nirn, created by the Daedric princes for themselves. Therefore, no souls are transferred there.

This is what Yagrum Bagarn says:

Hmm ... I don't know what happened. I was not there. At that time, I was carried into the Outer Realm, and then my people disappeared. I had to leave Red Mountain and wander Tamriel for many years, searching our desert colonies for survivors or explanations. However, by the time I returned to Red Mountain, the answer had not been found. Instead, I ran into corrus, and since then I have lived here. But I have theories about that, if you're interested.

Lord Kagrenac, the eminent philosopher and magician of my era, created an apparatus to control mythical powers to transcend the boundaries of Dwemer mortality. However, after considering its formula, some logicians stated that side effects cannot be avoided, and the consequences can be catastrophic. I think Kagrenac managed to give our race eternal life, but with unpredictable consequences - for example, a complete transfer to the Outer Dimension. Or he was wrong, and our race was completely destroyed.

Kagrenac very meticulously planned all his future projects. I think his project book should have all the original models. I don't know where this project book might be. It seems that she was never found, if found, Divayt Fear would have heard and told me. Therefore, she can still be found in some Dwemer ruins here in Vvardenfell.

What is the "Outer Kingdom" and "Outer Dimension" I do not understand.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

I don't understand either, but this has nothing to do with where the Dwemer all the same disappeared ...

C
Chernobyl 11.11.21

Personally, I believe that we will only learn (if at all) from the following TES. In the game you can hear arguments in favor of death (the same city in the tribunal), and in the way of moving to another dimension (many of those who study the Dwemer, talk about it)

B
Blind 11.11.21

"However, you can hesitate ..." in Oble about the Dwemer in general, not a line.

After reading the "Egg of Time" and looking at the drawings, one can assume that Kagrenac created a space-time teleporter. Judging by the fact that immortality does not exist in the dimension of Tamriel, but positively exists in other dimensions, I would venture to suggest that an attempt was made to transfer the Dwemer race to another dimension. Yagrum escaped this fate because she was not within Tamriel and I would venture to suggest that it was not in Tamriel's dimension either. Judging by the level of development and some side facts, they had at their disposal technical means of transferring material bodies into close dimensions. The Egg of Time seems to have been just a significantly enhanced version of such devices.

It is difficult to say how this attempt ended. But either the Dwemer did migrate to the dimension of immortality, but most likely they just hung in some fold of space-time. Perhaps in the seventh TEC, they will fall out of it with all their might.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

Blind

"Egg of Time" ... Don't you find the title of this book strange if it describes a simple teleporter?
In the question of the disappearance of the Dwemer, you need to put the question differently! Not where they disappeared, but when!

p
pain pumping station 11.11.21

Oblivion, my opinion. I remember somewhere in the imperial library there were speculations about the presence of Dwemer in Oblivion, and there the argument was that in Morrowind the Dremoras are often armed with Dwemer weapons. It's strange ... what a Dwemer weapon does in Oblivion, if the Dwemer themselves are scattered along the tables in even heaps of ashes ...

G
Gray evans 11.11.21

somewhere there was already such a topic.
1 Dwemer alive. he is in the corpsorium under the Tel Fira tower or whatever it is .. the
gnomes wanted to live forever and after playing with some thing they burned to ashes, but this is not a reason to say that they all died. they could easily be spoiled somewhere.
into the world of oblivion, for example, as already suggested, although I just ran my eyes over the above ..

and finally, if such a question is raised more than once, then most likely it was discussed on foreign-language forums and maybe even off. forum and maybe those guys who wrote books for Morra have already repeatedly asked similar questions ..

only the joke is the following: if something or someone remains unsolved and keeps a secret / riddle, then this arouses additional interest.

you might as well try to guess what was stored in the suitcase in the movie "Pulp Fiction".

leaving something completely unclear is an old technique that is used wherever possible: books, movies, games, .. life)

B
Barracuda 11.11.21

I drove them out of Morra :)))))))

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

I raised the topic, because they have not discussed it to the end ...
So far, you are posting your thoughts here, and I will run, look for reliable sources of information ...
Only seriously, without any: "Disappeared and that's it!"

S
SwedishBoy 11.11.21

How else? They disappeared, there is no evidence of where, how and why in Morra. At least in its purest form. You are not the first to unravel the mystery of their disappearance, and you are not the last.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

They disappeared, there is no evidence of where, how and why in Morra. At least in its pure form.

Of course, a doc, where everything is spelled out point by point: what? where? when? - it is impossible to find.
But why logic and thinking outside the box? Extra ballast or what? ...
You just need to collect all the available information about the Dwemer, and on its basis try to draw conclusions. Perhaps the conclusions we will come to will not correspond to the idea of ​​the authors of the game, but if we find confirmation of them, are these the wrong conclusions?

P
Petka Chekhov 11.11.21

I will disappoint you that the game resources were revealed and the game designer of Morra said that NEVER will anyone know where the Dwemer actually went ...
and what happened to them ...
shy ... But it's sad ...

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

NEVER will anyone find out where the Dwemer actually went ...
and what happened to them ... To

be honest, I do not propose to find out where they really went, I propose to come up with and prove such a version of their disappearance, so that neither who has no doubt that this is not so ...

S
Shoomer 11.11.21

>>> I propose to come up with and prove such a version of their disappearance so that no one doubts that this is not so ... It's

very simple) For example, there were those who believed Kagrenac and followed him. They were the youngest and most desperate Dwemer, determined. The transfer experiment was a brilliant success and a certain group of Dwemer, led by Kagrenac himself, moved in time-space to where ... where they needed. And the old people were left to live out their days in their native Nirn, and these Dwemer simply died .. From decrepitude.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

And the old people were left to live out their days in their native Nirn, and these Dwemer simply died .. From decrepitude.

No ... this theory does not work ... one does not die of old age in batches at dinner tables and standing on duty ...

Z
ZzZenN 11.11.21

In the Tribunal in the Dwemer city, the Dwemer died for some other reason, not for the same reason that the Dwemer disappeared on the island ... After all, in ordinary Dwemer ruins there are no heaps of ashes from the dead, there are ghosts and Dwemer robots ... island disappeared, as I decided after reading this topic, moving to another dimension ...