3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AgeRP 11.11.21 10:43 pm

Where did the Dwemer disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)

Let's in this thread collect all the information about the Dwemer (from all TES series) and the fact of their disappearance.
And maybe we can finally decide what really happened to them, where did they disappear to?
I still adhere to the opinion that the Dwemer managed to transfer themselves to another world (dimension) with the help of Numidium. I would like to hear the version of experts in Dagerfall and other TES series.
119 Comments
Sort by:
M
Martin 11.11.21

resurrect the topic. I recently played, but the diary says that after the eruption of the volcano, all the gnomes (they are Dwemer, right?) died. and then little by little the lands of Morruvind were taken over by the dark elves. get all the gnomes washed away with lava?

S
Snip 11.11.21

And in which diary is it written? ...

M
Mardagail 11.11.21

probably Martina means the diary kept by the Nerevarine))

zomg, Martina, do not call the Dwemer "gnomes", they are offended O_O and they were not washed away, by the way ^^

S
Snip 11.11.21

probably Martina means the diary kept by the Nerevarine)) I
'll have to re-read it, maybe there really is such a place there, but here we think what happened to them;)))

M
Mardagail 11.11.21

I remember something like that, but it was a false version ... or not? ...

M
Mardagail 11.11.21

by the way, it is worth considering it in detail. suddenly everything is multilayered here - the version is declared false, so that everyone would consider another false version to be the true version ... o_O suddenly they are really ... that ... all ...

but then it is necessary to carry out excavations in foyads in order to dig out behind a layer of ash- the remains.

S
Snip 11.11.21

but then it is necessary to carry out excavations in foyads in order to dig up the remains behind a layer of ash.
and behind this, then all the complexity ... first - time, the remains could go sooo deep underground, and in that case, you will have to dig through the whole island ... 0_o ... the population will be against ...;)

M
Mardagail 11.11.21

especially diggers who climb the caves - they will not like that someone will dig to the boxes with ash statues and other things incomprehensible to the rest of the civilians. on the other hand - who did not sacrifice for the sake of science ?? let's take the same Dwemer ... we need to start, and if we get into a cave, then let's say that this is the machinations of Dagoth Ur.

S
Snip 11.11.21

will have to ask for financial help from Nerevar ... let him sponsor an expedition to reveal secrets =)

Y
You will die alone in the 11.11.21

So the diggers will stumble upon an evil Daedra and she will eat them. Here are the secrets. It is better to involve Telvanni for these purposes. Although they will grumble, but the process will become more effective.

S
Snip 11.11.21

And who is our Telvanin ??)) let them take the cards into their own hands;))

A
AK47 11.11.21

drank and died)))

F
Fast TAMRAH 11.11.21

yes, everything is simple ... - the people are crumbling ... and they can no longer drink two measures ... it is barely enough for one measure ...

Y
You will die alone in the 11.11.21

I have a new version. Have you noticed how yellow the metal from which many Dwemer items are made? In my opinion, when Kagrenac tried to use his tools, there was a strong neutron radiation, due to which the metals that are good traps of them (usually heavy ) tend to get very hot. All Dwemer simply evaporated from this temperature, because. were in armor made of this metal. Heavy metals just often have a specific color.
Here's another dimension for you.

S
Snip 11.11.21

An interesting idea, but they could not completely evaporate, at least the remains of bones should have remained ...

P
Podovan 11.11.21

After playing TES V, I found something about the Dwemer, it is known that on the territory of Skyrim, the former snow elves are now known as the Falmer, when the first Nords drove them into the dungeons, the snow elves first asked for favors from the Dwemer, who accepted the elves as slaves. The Dwemer were a cruel race and fed the Falmer fly agarics) As a result, the Falmer became so ugly and blind. Then they rebelled and went even deeper underground, when they decided to go to war against the Dwemer - they had already disappeared. If they disappeared throughout Tamriel, there is more to it than just a portal.

V
Vader exhale 11.11.21

Well, they hardly became blind from fly agarics, rather from darkness :)

D
Dagot 11.11.21

In Skyrim there is a work by Telva Gelein "On the question of the Dwemer: their architecture and civilization.", In 3 volumes. Various theories are considered, such as the Dwemer settlements outside Vvardenfell. These lines seemed especially interesting to me:

... there is a certain possibility that there are still intact gnome ruins in Tamriel, even in regions in the south such as Cyrodiil or Black Marsh, where, it is assumed, the Dwemer were not even represented in any significant amount. And although a serious scientist should not give himself up to fantasy, the above thought can be continued and it can be assumed that some dwarf clans lived among us much longer than we previously thought, perhaps even after the disappearance of the Dwemer race during the War of Red Mountain in 700 year of the First Era.

Perhaps, in one of the subsequent games of the series, we will visit such ruins and learn something new about the mystery of the disappearance of the Dwemer?

S
Shifroval 11.11.21

How MK will figure out where they have gone, and we will find out. If he ever comes up with something.
In the meantime, only one living Dwemer is known - Yagrum Bagarn, if he is still alive, all the same so many years have passed since Morra. In theory, you can try to summon the souls of the Dwemer, as in the Tribunal, but again this is all guesswork ..

D
Dagot 11.11.21

In the meantime, only one living Dwemer is known.

What if somewhere in Black Marsh (better Elsweyr / Valenwood) there is at least one more? (I understand, of course, that is not very plausible, but the above quote disposes to such fantasies)

Speaking of Bagarn - what happened to him after the disaster on Vvardenfell? Is he alive 200 years later?
And MK ... Maybe he invented everything a long time ago, who knows ... And not all of his works are attributed to the official lore.