3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AgeRP 11.11.21 10:43 pm

Where did the Dwemer disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)

Let's in this thread collect all the information about the Dwemer (from all TES series) and the fact of their disappearance.
And maybe we can finally decide what really happened to them, where did they disappear to?
I still adhere to the opinion that the Dwemer managed to transfer themselves to another world (dimension) with the help of Numidium. I would like to hear the version of experts in Dagerfall and other TES series.
119 Comments
Sort by:
M
Migg 11.11.21

Hmm, and by the way, Skyrim has a line of quests about the disappearance of the Dwemer.

She is taken in Winterhold in the local mages guild. The bottom line is that one of the local magicians was just puzzled by the problem of the disappearance of the Dwemer, for this purpose he issues a number of quests to find various Dwemer details, to deliver the Cutter from Morrowind (in Skyrim, this is a rather mediocre dagger with the absorption of all three stats of 10 units). Well, instead of Lorkhan's heart, they decided to use a modified soul stone, which you have to process in special devices in the ruins of the Dwemer.
The final result is as follows: the mage delivers various blows with the cleaver to the altered soul crystal, until one of the blows is triggered and the mage disappears without a trace. The description indicates that it is not possible to find any traces of it, and we get a unique spell to summon the ghost of this magician (casted as an epic spell from two hands, and the ghost fights on our side for 60 seconds)

G
Geroev Sergey 11.11.21

Thus, everything became clear, it is nowhere clearer.
Using the tool of Kogernak on the changed soul stone, the magician was transferred to the world of this stone, the capacity of the soul stone made it possible to do this, now it is immaterial in the world of Skyrim, but material inside the stone and is apparently immortal.
From this it follows that Kogernak himself got into the same situation, it is possible to assume that the heart of Lorkhan is a container much more voluminous than a stone of souls. Kogernak became a template for what he would take with him into the heart of Lorkhan. Perhaps even the heart was not even half full. All Dwemer were transferred instantly and are currently in the heart, i.e. not in him specifically, but in the world of the heart, which in the reality of Skyrim is represented by the heart. This world may already represent a different universe, but definitely smaller than the world in which the heart was born. Perhaps the Dwemer develop and exist there, by the standards of the TEC universe they are now immortal - tk. what is placed in the stone almost forever, most likely there is a way to call them or communicate with that world, but they are now tied to the world of the heart.
The Dwemer are kind of alive, thank you all! =)

u
usoid 11.11.21

In general, they dug a tunnel to the other side of the planet, and since it seemed to them the best there, they blocked the passage nah. )))

M
Migg 11.11.21

Geroev Sergey
Actually it is not quite so. No one was transferred inside the stone. The heart of Lorkhan and the altered soul stone in the experiment played the role of a musical instrument, and the Cutter played the role of a tuning fork. Nothing moved inside, on the contrary, the wave of energy from the crystals carried the impact outside, and not inside. As a matter of fact, objects subjected to energetic influence have passed into a different state of aggregation, because of which their interaction with the usual continuum has changed dramatically. No wonder Kagrenac is called the Tonal Master. Quite an interesting question - can the Dwemer in such a cardinally altered state be aware of themselves, or for them time has stopped and everything that has passed since then is only one moment?
In fact, the Dwemer did not leave the familiar world to, say, fall into oblivion or somewhere else. They are still in Tamriel, but in a different state, one can assume a different system of coordinates and measurements. Maybe they have lost contact with time, or maybe they have become fifth-dimensional, who knows?

From the above, it can be argued that the Dwemer are not dead in some way, but ... and not alive in a sense. It is theoretically possible to return them to life, but practically unlikely. To do this, you need to be in a position compatible with their state, preserving your capabilities, and create an instrument capable of creating a wave effect in the environment unknown to us, opposite to the wave that generated the Heart of Lorkhan.

G
Geroev Sergey 11.11.21

Migg, your opinion does not refute mine in general, but in particular. Within the framework of your logic, I could reproduce my thought without significant losses, refuting only the state transition. In addition, the stone of souls and the heart of Lorkhan are much closer, in fact, to the receptacle than to the instrument, there is no way to argue here. Most likely, calling it a "musical instrument", it is understood that in order to have full access to it (to have a better connection with it), you must first tune in to it (or tune it), and then my and your theory can be combined without problems without controversy. However, I think the Dwemer are still in a conscious state and are precisely in the "world of the heart", which will be a reflection of Tamriel through the prism of the heart and Kogernak and of the Dwemer. It is even possible to construct an abstract picture of that world.

M
Migg 11.11.21

Well, if we are talking about a modified soul stone from a quest in Skyrim, then in the process of preparation this product is just obtained from an ordinary soul stone through various procedures, after which it becomes unusable for its usual purpose. That is, the changed soul stone is just unsuitable for souls to be enclosed in it.
If we are talking about the Heart of Lorkhan, then it is no longer in the reality of Tamriel, it is, as I understand it, after the Nerevarine - somewhere where it came from - in Oblivion, Oblivion or somewhere else in mystical spaces, but not within mortals.

As for the "world of the heart" - that, in fact, it is the world of the Old Scrolls, Tamriel with Morrowind. After all, it is Lorkhan with his heart that is to blame for their appearance. Relatively speaking, Morrowind is precisely the world of the Heart of Lorkhan.
Actually, again, the same Tribunal in Morrowind used the Heart of Lorkhan in the same way, but this did not transfer them somewhere inside the Heart. They periodically exposed themselves to the sound extracted from the Heart of Lorkhan by the Cleaver, but only in a weakened form. Which gave the effect of their "divinity". In fact, it turns out that under the influence of the wave mmm ... well, sound or energy from the Heart of Lorkhan, their physical matter, which makes up their bodies, began to vibrate ... well ... well, like a string on a musical instrument. That actually gave the effect of "immortality", which is explained by the fact that they partially ceased to belong to a particular reality. When the fluctuations of energies faded, the Tribunal again needed a healing session of the music of the Heart.
Well, from here the conclusion: the Dwemer who fully drank the energies of the Heart are not taken away in some other reality, they are simply cut off from some of the metrics of reality - space, time or some other dimension - simultaneously existing and not existing. But strictly speaking, they are located in the same place where they were found by the energy impulse of the Heart of Lorkhan and all in the same world.
Whether the Dwemer are aware of what happened to them is a question with a vast field of imagination. Since it is not clear what exactly happened to them. If they are outside of time, for example, can they be aware of it? Or is all the past for them one moment? Or have they gone mad with the past, the future, and the present at the same time? Or maybe time for them flows in the usual way, but they feel great in some N multiple dimensions? Or, on the contrary, having become two-dimensional - have they lost both life and mind?
You can make many assumptions on how much imagination will be enough, specific answers or at least some information we do not have. Except that having disappeared from the life of Tamriel, they did not appear anywhere in the spaces accessible to mortals or immortals. Neither the Aedra nor the Daedra met more of those Dwemer who fell under the influence of the Heart of Lorkhan.

G
Geroev Sergey 11.11.21

Migg, it may very well be that you are right, I have not re-read all of Tamriel's books, my conclusions and reasoning are not based only on them, so - speculation and logic, I want to believe moreover =)

W
Woodstock 11.11.21

I think they left Morrowind and are now hiding somewhere on the other side of the world ... Or maybe they are just dead. Although, for example, I wonder what could have happened to them, that they were not skeletons, but ashes. It's stupid of course, but maybe someone burned them? :))

H
Hip priest 11.11.21

To some alternative reality, as it seems to me (perhaps the same one in which Yagrum Bagarn was during the incident). Or they simply suddenly disappeared from matter.

D
Dagot 11.11.21

To some alternative reality, as it seems to me (perhaps the same one that Yagrum Bagarn was in during the incident).

I think Bagarn in that case would have noticed such a transition, and did not go in search of relatives on Red Mountain.

H
Hip priest 11.11.21

It seems to me that even the developers do not know the answer. They just thought of their disappearance in order to make a bunch of ruins, but how exactly they did not think.

f
fgdgdf 11.11.21

It seems to me that from the books in tes 4 oblivion it can be said that the inhabitants of Cyrodiil do not know very much, but along the chain of the gi mago I have worn one interesting one that talks about some kind of connection between the Dwemer and the Dremora.

a
arah 11.11.21

fgdgdf
According to one of Oblivion's books, some clever Dwemer was looking for the very essence of divine origin and asked his friend to summon Azura. After that, in front of the public, he managed to deceive her by sleight of hand, and for this Azura put a curse on all those present. Further, all the Dwemer, knowing this legend, stopped believing in the Aedra and disappeared in the depths of time. Also in that book from the author it is said that many peoples have a similar legend about a certain Dwemer. Most likely, someone was very offended by them for religious reasons and unleashed a total genocide and as a result all the Dwemer were massacred. But if that were so, there would be some records about this. In our case, there is nothing like that, and somewhere it says that all the Dwemer once just once and somewhere disappeared.

What actually happened, I did not find any descriptions or books either in Morra or in Obl. The only clue is the last fat dwarf in Fira's corpsarium.

a
arah 11.11.21

Woodstock
I think they left Morrowind and are now hiding somewhere on the other side of the world ...

In Oblivion (meaning the Oblivion plan), quite often the bodies of some martyrs are found suspended by the neck or upside down, impaled, etc. And since Lorkhan is a product of the dark original deity of Sithis, it can be assumed that these poor fellows are our missing Dwemer who managed to do some kind of experience with the Heart of Lorkhan, not just by extracting a sound, but something else. And since Oblivion is a place where lava and fire are all around, it is quite logical that dust, not bones, is falling from them.

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 11.11.21

And since Lorkhan is the offspring of the dark primordial deity of Sithis,

Holy shit!

a
arah 11.11.21

Z4b3o8v7p

Holy shit!

information taken from the book in Oblivion before installing off-plugins.

PlayGround.ru PlayGround.ru

W
Woodstock 11.11.21

arah I have
n’t played Oblivion, so I don’t know all these "nuances", so to speak ...

And yes, why are you following me ?? :) Already in the third topic I see you :)

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 11.11.21

information taken from the book in Oblivion

Propaganda, because it was not so. Here the facts are simply colorful and epic, but twisted :)

_
_Sammy_ 11.11.21

Dwemer destroyed by Reapers: D

a
arah 11.11.21

Woodstock And yes, why are you stalking me ?? :)
in no case))

Z4b3o8v7p is twisted
or turned, but if they lie to me in the books, then I'm lying to you)) all the more, it's all the same only our speculations have reliable information in none of the TEC games