3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AgeRP 11.11.21 10:43 pm

Where did the Dwemer disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)

Let's in this thread collect all the information about the Dwemer (from all TES series) and the fact of their disappearance.
And maybe we can finally decide what really happened to them, where did they disappear to?
I still adhere to the opinion that the Dwemer managed to transfer themselves to another world (dimension) with the help of Numidium. I would like to hear the version of experts in Dagerfall and other TES series.
119 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Z4b3o8v7p 11.11.21

there is no reliable information in any of the games from the

TES Tash-ta series , there is information without distortions. Googling about Anu and Padomai, and you will understand who Sithis is, who Daedra and Aedra are and so on.

L
Levemin 11.11.21

I have one guess where the Dwemer disappeared. And if all their souls were transferred to one of the oblivion planes, and specifically Peryite? I read somewhere that none of the mortals in his plan can visit and is known about him from the words of other Daedra. And also about the fact that Peryite is a Daedra of imprisonment, decomposition, epidemics and ashes, but I don't even remember in which part of the testimony I read. And then the artifact of Peryite in all parts was the Spell Breaker shield, which is very similar to the Dwemer. In Skyrim, even the guards say, if the shield is in the inventory: "Is that a Dwemer shield? It looks very ancient" Well, or something like that.
Oh yes, in Oblivion, there was a quest with him, something related to souls that were supposed to come to him, but got stuck at Mehrun Dagon. Maybe he has Dwemer souls there too?

W
WarlokIII 11.11.21

Or maybe they disintegrated because of the civil war, they were destroyed by the remnants of intelligent Falmer,
left to comprehend knowledge in other worlds, generally became princes of Daedra, they simply died,
They were heavily buried underground, maybe they are in a parallel reality, or Daedra, having seen from them a great the threat
due to their technologies, they killed everyone and everything ...
There are many theories ...

a
arah 11.11.21

Z4b3o8v7p

The Anu-Padomai System and the War of the First

Lore Council : Unofficial (fan research)

By: orc Wolf
Edited by Mark C. Marcellus

Text:
A possible reason for Azura's interest in destroying the Dwemer, Lord Dagoth and the Tribunal is their views on the origin of Nirn and their role. " gods "and mortals in this event.

In Nirn, both mortals and the Supreme Beings are "relatives", since they all come from the modified magical emanations of Anu and Padomai and differ only in the ratio of the content of these principles in themselves and their "capacity". The Dwemer, Dagoth Ur and the Tribunal have found a way for some time to remove the limitations of this very "capacity" thanks to the nourishment from the Heart of Lorkhan. In general, for a world in which there are a huge number of artifacts that enhance magical power, there is nothing super-original in this. But the Heart is a special thing. This is not only a magical artifact - first of all, it is an item that equally contains both Variability (the inheritance of Padomai) and Resilience, which is not the inheritance of Anu: "Unlike the Daedra who followed him, Lorkhan is not associated with Oblivion. Instead Togo,

Thus, all essences fed from the Heart can be considered standing on the same board with both the Aedra and Daedra. However, this is not enough for Azura to declare a "crusade" against the new gods - in Nirn there are enough all kinds of small gods, whose existence no one cares about. Rather, it is a matter of the plans and views of these new gods.

The Dwemer, unlike the Tribunal and Dagoth Ur, as you know, did not become gods themselves. The explanation, I think, is that they understood that a mortal, with his natural limitations, would hardly be able to use the Heart in full force. But their technological skills allowed them to create Numidium - the Brass God, which had no limits. In principle, this is already enough for alarm among the "old gods" (Aedra and Daedra). The Dwemer were destroyed by the Azura-inspired Chimer. But what were their plans for Numidium? Hardly friendly towards the same Azura and others like her. However, the exact answer can be given here only by considering the plans of Dagoth Ur and the Tribunal.

These four did not have knowledge of the use of Numidium, moreover, the Tribunal could not use Numidium, since that would probably be their end - the Chimers, exhausted by the War of the First Council, would destroy the "traitors" of the main slogan of this war - the destruction of "blasphemy. ". Dagoth Ur simply did not have such an opportunity because of the long sleep in which he and his followers found themselves after the Battle of Red Mountain. However, waking up, he began the construction of the second Numidium, Akulakhan. What for?

"Akulakhan will serve three purposes. First, it will be the leader of my armies, which will liberate first Vvardenfell, then Morrowind, and then, possibly, all of Tamriel. Secondly, he will sow and cultivate the divine substance originating from the Heart. B-" third, it will serve as all the visible banner and symbol of our cause - to challenge the Empire, free mortals from ancient superstitions, and glorify our crusade against the gods. " As we can see, in addition to a purely military goal (cleansing Morrowind and the Empire from the enemies of the new religion), Akulakhan had to somehow dispel the emanations of the Heart among his followers, turning them all into the same essences equal to Aedra and Daedra (or bringing them closer to this state ). With such an army, Dagoth Ur could indeed challenge the rulers of Nirn (which he, in fact, was going to do). I am not inclined to think that it was only about the destruction of "competitors". But in order to clarify the goals of such a war, one should go to the Tribunal, or rather to the teachings of Vivec about the Tower.

“What is the hub of the Wheel? We are the hub, Mundus has many names. We are the heart of all creation. What does this mean? What do we care? Lorkhan created this and we were able to receive the fruits of his creation. the reflection of its creators, a circle within a circle, only the edge is easy to see. Stand in its flow and think. Look at its side and you will see "I".
This is the Tower. "

I cannot say if this teaching was widely disseminated among the followers of the Tribunal. Most likely not, since Vivec here essentially recognizes his connection with the Heart. Another thing is important: it seems that Vivec (like the Dwemer with Dagoth Ur) considers mortals to be the direct heirs and legal successors of the creator of Nirn. However, he does not call for a war for his rights, either because he believes that everything is going as it should, or because, unlike his predecessors and enemies, he chose the path of little blood, eventually absorbing Azura and remaining the only one the winner.

Discussion: Aedra and Daedra

And what does that prove? The same speculation based on books from the game of users as we are here. Likewise, nothing specific. Pay attention to the first words of the text.

Aedra and Daedra Tarera

The layman can easily get confused about the purposes of the Gods, Demons, Aedra, and Daedra.

"Aedra" and "Daedra" are not related words. These are elf terms and are clearly distinguished. Azura is a Daedra in both Skyrim and Morrowind. "Aedra" is usually translated as "ancestor," or at least it is the closest Cyrodiilic term for the word. "Daedra" roughly means "not our ancestors." This distinction is very important for the Dunmer, who have a major ideological divide in their mythical genealogy.

Aedra is associated with stability. Daedra represents change.

The Aedra created the mortal world and are associated with the Bones of the Earth. Daedra cannot create, but they have the power to change.

The Aedra are mortal and can be killed.

This does not apply to the volatile Daedra, they can only be expelled.

This is one of the versions of the description of Daedra and Aedra. In fact, in the entire series of books, the same thing and the essence boils down to the fact that Daedra are bad guys, Aedra are boys.

On the account of Sithis, I gave the screenshots of the book above and, except for the same, I did not find anything else. If you know more then share the link. I used the fullrest forum.

M
Migg 11.11.21

Levemin ".... And if their souls were transferred to one of the Oblivion plans, namely Periayta? ......"

Talk of the seventh circle though ...
Starting with Morrowind and Skyrim ending many times met infa that Neither the Aedra nor the Daedra ever found a trace of the Dwemer in Oblivion or any other dimension they knew. Not to mention mortal explorers. And based on some information in the same Skyrim, one can conclude that the Dwemer did not disappear from the world of the Old Scrolls, but are still there, but in some other state.

arah
"..... This is one of the versions of the description of Daedra and Aedra. In fact, in the entire series of books the same thing and the essence boils down to the fact that Daedra are bad guys, Aedra are boys ....."

You cannot equate Daedra with bad guys, and Aedra with good ones, not to mention the fact that some Daedra were not always Daedra, for example, Malacat was transformed by Boethus from Aedra into Daedra. and just do a number of dadras are clearly positive in nature, for example, Azura or Meridia. And for other Daedra, everything depends on who evaluates them - the same Malacat is the father of the Orcs, but evil for others. And other Daedra - for their own peoples - are considered good, for others - evil.
And Hermeus Mora is just beyond the concept of good and evil, a formless being - the lord of the treasures of knowledge and memory

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 11.11.21

03/11/12 11:10

AM I do not argue with the wheel model and others, but I do not understand what this has to do with me?

I was not talking about the Dwemer, but about Anu and Padomai, Aedra and Daedra, about the fact that Sithis is not the original deity, but one of the aspects of Padomai. And about Lorkhan.

a
arah 11.11.21

Z4b3o8v7p

I don’t argue with the wheel model and so on, but I don’t understand what it has to do with me?

Yes, the most direct)) if you decided to argue and poke someone somewhere with your nose, then be so kind as to give a direct link to the material on which you rely. And you can google the devil with or without horns))

I was not talking about the Dwemer, but about Anu and Padomai, Aedra and Daedra, that Sithis is not the original deity, but one of the aspects of Padomai. And about Lorkhan.

I can agree that one hundred Sithis is one aspect of Padomay. But in the book about him it is clearly and clearly written in black and white that all the eidras occurred as a result of some of his actions. I hope with the fact that both the Aedra and the Daedra are part of the Eidra, you will not argue?

It also says that it was Sithis who created Lorkhan to implement his plans.

The fact that Sithis is not the original deity may be, but he is clearly one of them.

In short, there is no point in arguing about someone's divinity. Anyway, no one will ever argue with anyone. Everyone will always have their own opinion based on certain facts.

a
arah 11.11.21

Migg
I just generalized so you don't need to cling to words))

Aedra is associated with stability. what is always welcomed by any

Daedra people represents change. changes especially clearly promising troubles have never made anyone happy. Naturally, these comrades are less revered.

L
Levemin 11.11.21

Migg Well then I have only one guess, they just teleported, and only geographically. There are also continents in the nirn. They appreciated comfort, and therefore went underground. And here, above - all sorts of aggressive-minded nationalities who want to get mechanical nishtyaks, and below - the Falmer, and maybe even worse (since they did not go down before themselves, but only let the Falmer in). And the fact that the ashes remained there and everything happened as if instantly. So it was only under the capital of Morrowind (I forgot the name, I confess) and they were taken as a company. Or maybe they were guilty of something before the other Dwemer, they could not agree with each other in everything. There, in the ruins near Markarth, it seems, in general, two different families lived. In general, it is known to be few and a lot of versions remain. Most likely, the developers themselves do not yet know, but they are also thinking,

M
Migg 11.11.21

Levemin What
does agreement or disagreement between the Dwemer have to do with it? In fact, the fact is that a certain non-standard energetic effect was made on their entire race - the so-called "sounds extracted from the heart of Lorkhan". After this impact, all the Dwemer instantly disappeared, and so thoroughly that neither the gods - the aedra - the daedra, nor the spirits, nor the mortal magicians find them either in the world or in other dimensions. Hide and seek - under the ground, - on another continent, - in another world, - in hell - all this does not work - at least one of the gods would have learned something. It doesn't matter if the Dwemer lived together at that moment, or beat each other with clubs - the whole race disappeared at once.

According to indirect information from the quests of Skyrim, it can be assumed that the technology of exposure to sound waves from specific crystals simply changes the properties of the objects to which it is directed. It can be assumed that the Dwemer are all in the same place where they were, but in some other state - and in this state no one can discover them, what could become of them there - a question to the imagination of the authors.

As for the corpses, ghosts and other junk of the Dwemer - do not forget that they lived, were born and died before their disappearance, and those who died before that moment remained in place.
The Falmer .... what about the Falmer? They were practically pets among the Dwemer. The Dwemer kept them as slaves until they disappeared, and only then the Falmer multiplied in the empty dungeons of the Dwemer.

K
Kopcap777 11.11.21

The Dwemer fled from Tamriel to another mainland probably

P
Pretorius 11.11.21

Dwemer revolt, senseless and merciless
Suppressed Dagoth Ur was a genocide!

w
we get what we deserve 11.11.21

Perhaps they were killed by the Falmer, an anti-creature created by the Dwemer.

M
Mirvein 11.11.21

This has already been written about. The Falmer did not breed until after the death of the Dwemer.

M
Methad0ne 11.11.21

I think after Kagrenac used Lorkhan's heart, the Dwemer sawed out of Nirn and went to Aetherius or some other plane outside of Nirn.

K
Kronbow 11.11.21

I may repeat myself, but in favor of the theory of their movement somewhere, we can assume the fact that their bodies were not left. They just disappeared, and from all continents and without a trace of bodies. The situation with Mournhold (sorry if I wrote it by mistake) is that there if you remember there is a magic shield blocking movement from it and levitation, so the presence of ash is just one of the results of Kagrenac's flaw, they most likely died. What happened to the others is a moot point, because the Heart of Lorkhan contained too much potential. There is a fact that they are materially and spiritually outside of Nirn, for the Daedra cannot see them (and that is logical outside of Oblivion). So I either stick to the Alduin-style variant or have really moved outside of time and space. Or the theory of Baladas Demnevanni. In general, there can be many branches because there is not enough data.

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 11.11.21

if you remember there is a magic shield blocking movement from it and levitation.

The first time I hear about this, always, getting to the weather machine, I teleport by intervention :)

m
maloyy7720202 11.11.21

And the answer to the banality is unambiguous in the morrowind under the red mountain was the heart of the Lorkhan making the Dwemer immortal, but the Indaril Nerevar broke their connection with the heart of the Lorkhan and the 1000-year-old Dwemer crumbled to ashes.

L
Leonid Latvenas 11.11.21

I think so . has everyone ever seen ashes in the elder srools skyrim can these ashes be mixed with Dwemer remains? Have you seen the volcano in Solkhstheim? Suddenly the Dwemer had a city or a testing ground there. they did something wrong with michonism, it exploded and the volcano woke up, and through the air their ashes, funny with volcanic ones, fell on the solkhstheim and there was something in the volcano that supported the life of all the two. That volcano was probably the most important point.