3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AgeRP 11.11.21 10:43 pm

Where did the Dwemer disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)

Let's in this thread collect all the information about the Dwemer (from all TES series) and the fact of their disappearance.
And maybe we can finally decide what really happened to them, where did they disappear to?
I still adhere to the opinion that the Dwemer managed to transfer themselves to another world (dimension) with the help of Numidium. I would like to hear the version of experts in Dagerfall and other TES series.
119 Comments
Sort by:
P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

In the Tribunal in the Dwemer city, the Dwemer died for some other reason, not for the same reason that the Dwemer disappeared on the island ... After all, in ordinary Dwemer ruins there are no heaps of ashes from the dead, there are ghosts and Dwemer robots ...

Yes .. There is no ash in Morrowind ... Interesting! Why?

S
Snip 11.11.21

And I have a theory that the Dwemer were simply deceived. Kagernak could really find a way to become immortals (by teleportation to another dimension or, let's say, transferring a physical body to another form), but obtaining immortality had to take a tremendous amount of energy (and the Dwemer could just be a significant reservoir of energy). After the ritual, Kagernak took the life energy of the Dwemer, turning them to dust (explains why they died where the restless wandering spirits stood), Kagernak himself received his immortality. What happened to him became unknown.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

No ... the disappearance of the Dwemer happened too spontaneously (according to the books) ... they did not think it through to the end and applied (I do not know what exactly) too early ...
Perhaps some mistake in the calculations ... so, they are probably not doing very well right now ...

S
Snip 11.11.21

Well, not that it would be not entirely good, but rather even bad, if they did not die anyway, then perhaps they were captured and are now forging weapons for Oblivion's dremor :)

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

Here is all the information about the Dwemer and about the Anumidium (which could have caused them to disappear) that we can learn from the game itself. I have included in this list only the most sane theories from key characters ...

Opinions of scholars studying the Dwemer

Hasphat Antabolis

About the disappearance of the Dwemer

“The disappearance of the dwarves happened before the imperial written sources; oral legends of the Dunmer say that the Dwemer were severely punished by the gods for their insolence and disbelief. Scattered throughout Tamriel are the ruins of the Dwemer, we often find weapons, armor, household items, money and other traces of the life of the gnomes, but the circumstances of the disappearance of the gnomes themselves is one of the greatest mysteries of the Empire. "

Baladas Demnevanni

About the books "Egg of Time", "Divine Metaphysics"

“Yes, now I can translate these books. The first is Bthuand Mzanch's refutation of the popular theory of the Nerevar era. The Dwemer believed that harnessing the power of the Heart of Lorkhan was a terrible risk. The Egg of Time contains Bthuand's arguments in favor of the inconsistency of this idea, many of them are quite convincing. The next book, Divine Metaphysics, is an explanation of how the Dwemer tried to create a new god, Anumidium, using the tools of Kagrenac and the sacred music of the Heart. "

Opinions of the Living Gods, who knew the Dwemer during the life of

Vivec

About the disappearance of the Dwemer

“I don't know what happened to the Dwemer. I do not feel their presence in the eternal divine world beyond mortal time. And to be honest, although I don't believe in their existence, you shouldn't rush to meet them. They may, somewhat unfairly, blame the Dunmer for what happened to them. It seems to me that they have disappeared forever - and that suits me perfectly. "

Dagoth Ur

On the disappearance of the Dwemer

"Not the slightest idea what happened to the Dwemer. I have not had the opportunity to study the Phantom Guard, and I do not know how much of Kagrenac's knowledge was invested in his tools, and how much in his sorcery and skill. I studied for a long time. Kagrenac, and began to admire his wisdom and skill. One day, when the campaigns of the Sixth House go more confidently, I hope I will have time for this secret. "

The opinion of the dwarves

themselves (more precisely, their last remaining representative) Yagrum Bagarn

About the book “Egg of Time”

“Now that I have refreshed my memory with Divine Metaphysics, I can probably explain everything. The Dwemer never agreed. Kagrenac and his architects, including Bthuand Mzanch, believed they could improve their race. The rest felt that this attempt was too risky. The war with Nerevar and the Danmer could have forced Kagrenac to end his experiments ahead of time. Although the book claims that nothing catastrophic could have happened. "

Of the surviving Dwemer

“This is how I behave. I don’t know for sure if I’m really the last one. In my travels thousands of years ago, I never found another one. And since I have been here, I often ask Lord Fira, but he says that he has never heard even the echo of gossip about another Dwemer, not here on Tamriel, not in any of the Outer Realms. "

His disappearance theories

Lord Kagrenac, the eminent philosopher and magician of my era, created an apparatus to control mythical powers to transcend the boundaries of Dwemer mortality. However, after considering its formula, some logicians stated that side effects cannot be avoided, and the consequences can be catastrophic. I think Kagrenac managed to give our race eternal life, but with unpredictable consequences - for example, a complete transfer to the Outer Dimension. Or he was wrong and our race was completely destroyed. "

Here is the information, you can draw whatever conclusions you want ...

I
Ignatius Malfoy 11.11.21

A little about the Dwemer. Taken from the books of Cyrodiil.

The book "Rislav the Righteous" passage

... Thirty-year-old Rislav had the opportunity to see the most prominent people of his time. Anekina's beast, Darlock Bray, represented his kingdom, saluting the empire. The chieftain of Skyrim, Kjorik the White, with his son Hoag, helped during the ceremony. And, in spite of the Empire's rejection by the elves, the Chimer Indoril Nerevar and the Dwemer Dumak, the dwarven king, were also there, diplomatically representing Resdayn. Everything happened in relative calm. ...

The book "History and culture of the Dwemer"

Selected studies on the history and culture of the Dwemer

Chapter 1

Marobar Sul and simplification of the Dwemer in public culture.

Composition of Gasphat Anabolis

Although the Tales of Ancient Dwemer by Marobar Sul were decisively debunked by the scholarly community during the reign of Katariah 1, they remain classic literature for the middle class of the Empire, and still feed the imagination of generations of schoolchildren, giving them an idea of ​​the Dwemer way of life. What in this voluminous (albeit paradoxically meaningless) essay turned out to be so attractive to the public that it allowed him to overcome both the ridicule of writers and the caustic criticism of the scientific community?

Before investigating this question, it is necessary to give a brief overview of the origin and subsequent history of the "Tales". First published around 2E670, between the reign of the First Emperor of Cyrodiil and the accession to the throne of Tiber Septim, they were initially regarded as a serious scholarly work based on the archives of the University of Gwilym, and in the chaos of that era were perceived as genuine research (a clear sign of a deplorable state science in those years). Not much is known about the author, but it appears that Marobar Sul is the pseudonym for Horus Felim, the prolific author of "creepy novels for a penny" of the era, who was also known under other names. Although, fortunately, most of Felim's texts have disappeared into the depths of history, the little that remains is reminiscent of "Tales of Antiquity" in terms of style and mood (see Lomisa, Textual Comparison of Mount Felim's "Alleged Cunning" with Marobar Sul's Tales of Dwemer Antiquity). Felim lived his entire life in Cyrodiil and wrote light entertaining novels for the secular society of the ancient imperial capital. Why he decided to turn to Dwemer history is unknown, but it is clear that his "research" did not contain anything other than the tales of peasants from the Nineysk valley, remade in the Dwemer way.

The book proved popular in Cyrodiil, and Felim began writing sequels. Seven volumes came from his pen, and Tales of Dwemer Antiquity firmly established itself as the most popular book in Cyrodiil (with 17 reprints to date), while the historical forces that brought Tiber Septim to power also served to spread literature "center" all over the continent. Marobar Sul's version of the Dwemer story was based on a wave of human nationalism that has not yet subsided.

The Dwemer in these stories appear as creatures of fabulous and fantastic, but in general, they look exactly like us. They seem a little eccentric, but there is nothing dangerous or intimidating about them. Compare this to the Dwemer of early Redguard legends: mysterious, powerful creatures capable of changing the very laws of nature at will; extinct, but probably not extinct, or with the Dwemer described in the oldest sagas of the Nords: dangerous warriors, carried away by vicious religious practices, who used their wicked mechanisms to expel the Nords from Morrowind. The Dwemer of Marobara Sul were much better suited to the requirements of the time, when humans were placed in the position of the main creative force, and all other races were viewed as unenlightened barbarians or imperfect creatures in need of guidance. " a simplified version of this extinct race. However, based on my many years of studying the Dwemer, I also sympathize with this approach. As my subsequent essays will show, from the point of view of modern man, the Dwemer were in many ways a very, very unsympathetic people. a simplified version of this extinct race. However, based on my many years of studying the Dwemer, I also sympathize with this approach. As my subsequent essays will show, from the point of view of modern man, the Dwemer were in many ways a very, very unsympathetic people.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

Ignatius Malfoy
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the study of the Dwemer ...

I
Ignatius Malfoy 11.11.21

Please! If I still find it, I will write.

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

Write ... And we will draw conclusions ...

F
FearNax 11.11.21

we can say one thing Kagrenac's actions over the Heart of Lorkhan were supposed to "pump" the gnomes.
but what did these actions do in reality in any game of the TES series (and any other materials) UNKNOWN with 100% certainty,
all fortune telling on coffee grounds and dwarven ashes is meaningless ...
maybe in TES v or in TES VI or in TES VII .....

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

You probably didn't read the topic first ...
We don't care where the gnomes go according to the developers ... We're going to come up with our own theory that would explain everything ...

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

maybe in TES v or in TES VI or in TES VII .....

If you didn't know, then TES 5 is the last part ... at least that's what the developers say ... and thank God ...

F
FearNax 11.11.21

a link to the developers' statements, if not difficult

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

Read the topic "Any questions about the game 18" There ... somewhere at the end there was a link to the site ...

P
Petka Chekhov 11.11.21

[Dr. Jack]
Gee .... and Google .. what did they come up with?

u
uruchay 11.11.21

I think they are where they sleep) and soon they will crawl out into the light in tesa 5-7 =)

I
Ignatius Malfoy 11.11.21

Not a bad idea! A small number of Dwemer lived deep underground. They hatched a plan to take over the world, they built terrible machines and weapons. And now the moment has come! The Dwemer came to the surface, clad in armor, surrounded by battle robots and other mechanisms. They began to ruthlessly destroy villages and farms along the way. The empire moved its army against the Dwemer, but it was smashed to smithereens. The Dwemer continued their destructive march. And only one hero can stop them ... It's you!

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

and soon they will come out into the light in tes 5-7 =)

Yes ... they will come out ... in TES 10-15 ... there is no other way ... that's for sure ...
100% information ... me personally Todd Howard said...

S
Snip 11.11.21

MORROVindyug zhzhosh :)))))

P
Psychodolb 11.11.21

And he didn’t say the skok of all the tez would come out?

He said ... To calculate the exact number of games, you need to divide my account number by the number of my bots ... Then you get the coveted number ...