3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 12.11.21 07:36 pm

Trilogy Impressions (Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy)

share your opinions, are you satisfied with this reissue?
127 Comments
Sort by:
I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

Toreno
Well, there seems to be in addition to this, the servers also fell. In short, problem on problem.
This is the most disastrous and disgraceful release in recent years. It's probably fun to buy a game, clumsy, hacky, and after a few days and even find out that you can't even play it.

The Rockstars wanted to give a shit about the fans but forgot to take off their pants.
I can't imagine what kind of clown one should be, that even under such circumstances, with all the objective shortcomings and obvious signs of a devil-may-care attitude, to defend this project.

T
Toreno 17.11.21

IngwardIn The
servers have been working steadily at a good speed until the very last moment. It looks more like they were cut off in a panic in order to cut the trilogy out of the launcher.
The defenders are mostly landscapes, sunsets and Ocean Drive at night.

F
FlasHXS 17.11.21

Well, the landscapes must be said are worth downloading the trilogy. The only thing (apart from the atmosphere of the game) that turned out well, at times pierces to the bone.

T
Toreno 17.11.21

Yes, beautiful, I do not argue, only when the LODs do not blink.

T
Toreno 17.11.21

At the maximum drawing distance (textureless LOD on the left under the propeller):

"This is not a remake, but a remaster !!! 1111"

N
Nikined 17.11.21

Alexey Yenyutin
And what exactly is wrong there? No steering without roll?

T
Toreno 17.11.21

Nikined
Checked, turn without roll remained, on AD by default, turn with roll and raise / lower the nose on the arrows. Unusual, but in this particular case I don't see any particular problem. But the camera is fixed and it is very annoying and annoying.

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

Toreno wrote:
Defenders are mostly landscapes, sunsets and Ocean Drive at night posts.
Well, objectively, the remaster has something to praise, the environment with such a drawing range really gives charm. But I can't accept the character designs ...

N
Nikined 17.11.21

Toreno Is
it rigidly fixed strictly behind, or does it catch up with the turns of the plane in the same way?

T
Toreno 17.11.21

Turns simultaneously with the aircraft, does not change its position relative to the aircraft.
In general, almost the same as in the original GTA3 / VS, the only problem is that I checked it in San Andreas.

B
BDmitriy 17.11.21

Toreno
In the original, the camera always caught up with the transport, but here it is glued, which sometimes makes it a little disorienting

T
Toreno 17.11.21

The developers not only updated the bridge fact plate, but also improved the bridge itself. Very comfortable invisible platforms have appeared.

B
BMW3000 17.11.21

I played a little more in GTA 3, my opinion has changed, in general, if this remaster is perceived exactly as an old game, then it is played quite normally. Of course, it is impossible to compare with parts 4 and 5. But definitely better than the original. Well, the transfer to the new engine will allow you to create high-quality mods in the future.

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

Toreno
Bugyvix?

T
Toreno 17.11.21

IngwardIn
I didn't have time, I underestimated the features of the new architecture: D

F
FlasHXS 17.11.21

BMW3000 wrote:
But definitely better than the original.
Apparently, not everyone understands such a thing as the atmosphere and decoration of the game.
BMW3000 wrote:
will allow you to create high-quality mods in the future.
For which subpoenas from T2 will arrive, yeah. Although it is clear from the existing mods that it is easier to design them - an additional .pak is simply made, which is placed next to the main one.

A
Ababkov Denis 17.11.21

Bugs and temporary removal from the launcher (or rather, deletion from the launcher) spoil the whole picture, otherwise, with the exception of a couple of bad Persians, a normal re-release, for a remaster it’s very good, fix it and generally excellent

a
artemiarush 17.11.21

Have you noticed that they even corrected facial animations and character movements in Vice City, in those moments that came under the knife due to minority protests against Gaitans and Cubans. This is clearly seen in Avery's mission during the cutscene where young Donald is present. Most likely it’s the same at Umberto’s cafe (he just hasn’t gotten to that moment yet).

o
ostin321 17.11.21

The most incomprehensible thing to me is how it was possible to make such a hat with a drawing. Figs with him that the polygons are all in full view (nevertheless, there is something nostalgic in this), but now the hardware is so hard that almost everything that is in these games in general could be crammed into the RAM and video memory.
Why in 3 and VC cars and traffic lights appear right in front of me when playing on ultras?
Why in SA, when you drive through the fields, bushes appear well, almost under the car. And when you fly by plane, whole forests appear 200-300 meters from you. Not that LowPoly are loaded, but arise out of nothing.
In general, this is all very strange.

m
mister truth 17.11.21

DirectX 3.0 equals remaster..expected a little more