3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Verzor 19.11.21 10:42 am

About post-apocalypse living conditions ... (Fallout 4)

Where does Bethesda have a strong belief that people after the apocalypse should live like homeless people?

There must be heaps of rubbish on the street and always (!) In houses. In no case should I give birth, I have to walk like miners (although the miners just wash after a hard day).
It is clear if there is rubbish in the abandoned houses - no one has appeared for two hundred years. But when people begin to live in a settlement, why can't they (as the developed apparently think) at least just sweep the trash out of the house ?! It is clear that demanding even walls or something cozy and beautiful is too much (not every person can make a roof over his head, let alone the walls), but sweep the trash out, KARL!
But no, it's cool to live in a barn ...

Spoiler

It was worth asking about the garbage in the house and rushed ... Idios Panopticon
89 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rolemanser 19.11.21

This is America, after the apocalypse all laws and concepts have now been canceled, you can be yourself, not wash or shave, be a homeless person, drink nyukakola from a dirty bottle, eat raw yogaya with dirty hands, sleep in huts and in the open air.

M
MuscleMuseum 19.11.21

Sonic778
Why?

H
Heart of Stone 19.11.21

There is such a concept, the atmosphere is called. You see, you can get out, you can go further: in 210 years since the apocalypse, in principle, you can rebuild a normal civilization, the easier it is that technologies and smart enough people to use and promote them have not disappeared. However, the atmosphere of the post-apocalypse itself will be lost. And then there is the Soviet film Kin-Dza-Dza and the Australian Mad Max, which have already proved to the world that post-apocalypse best illustrates the homeless appearance of citizens, as well as garbage and other trash. Everything is logical.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Roach that moves
Elementary standards of hygiene, plus it would simply be unpleasant (for me personally, for example) to live in a heap of crap. Although people are different ...

Rolemanser
I also thought about it - maybe it's national with them.)

d
danyiil695 19.11.21

It was especially bombarded when I saw a destroyed column in the subway, the bricks collapsed, in the middle of the main headquarters, in the center, like smart people, no one can remove the bricks ...

l
lokkie 19.11.21

Well, some, and quite a few, still live like homeless people, they don't even need an apocalypse. ))
About everything, you're wrong. The same Neighborliness, or the same Diamond City .. that there are no mountains of garbage there, as well as unwashed faces. Unwashed faces are usually among raiders ... among screw-broilers, and other drug addicts, although there are exceptions here. The same caravan girl with weapons, who walks from Diamond City to Vault 81, sits on the screw, but her face is washed. )
In general, look on the sides more often. ;)

44lok 19.11.21

Bethesda simply described the life of Fallout 4 developers, judging by the results of the work - it was made by crooked, mediocre bums :)

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Heart of the Stone
Somehow it doesn't seem that the trash in the house makes the atmosphere. And I'm talking about houses, about residential ones. On the street - please - rubbish, devastation, collapsed houses and so on.
PS Would you wear dirty clothes (if you could put on clean ones) or sleep in a pile of leaves?

T
Torvik 19.11.21

The people are not up to harvesting, they have to collect a lot)), otherwise the last harvest was stolen by raiders. Wild ghouls roam around, and they need to be shown what a thunder stick is. In short, there are a lot of things to do, and there is no time for cleaning.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

lokkie
I agree, there are clean ones, in 81st everything is clean. But I looked not so much at the merchants as at the settlers. They have food, water! They go kick ...)) And they could wash.
And in Good Neighborhood, take a closer look, just gradually the garbage ceases to be noticed.)
Spoiler

H
Heart of Stone 19.11.21

Sonic778
Don't look for logic where it shouldn't be. Logically, 210 years after the nuclear apocalypse, Fallout 4 should have strongly resembled Deus Ex. But at the same time, the atmosphere would not have been preserved. Fallout can be any time since the apocalypse, even 40,000 years, but people should still look like homeless people, there should be no order in the house. Yes, this is not logical. But on the other hand, an apocalyptic picture is perceived visually. There is no logic in this. In Fallout, I'll tell you a secret, in all parts, including the very first, classical ones, there is no logic and it is not needed there in principle. There is an atmosphere and that's it. This is the essence of the Wasteland.

l
lokkie 19.11.21

Yes, this is not logical. But on the other hand, an apocalyptic picture is perceived visually.
It depends on how you look. But in terms of the game, yes. In the same New Vegas, they complained that everything was too clean, in comparison with Fall3.
They also argued on this issue, such as that the war did not affect those places too much. )
In general, the players do not understand, they need faq. )))
Well, so, according to fall4, 200 years is not such a period to restore something.
In a real civilization, active technical development is only a hundred years old. And before how many thousand (!) Years there was barbarism, the Middle Ages, etc.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Heart of the Stone
Probably, yes, you shouldn't look for logic where there is none, I want too much.

lokkie
In real civilization, active technical development is only a hundred years old.
But the knowledge has survived. There is no need to re-prove, for example, the existence of an electromagnetic field or re-invent the engine by trial.

D
Dаli 19.11.21

Rebuke sucked out of the finger, shnyaga is shorter! There is not enough clean water for drinking, and the frame invites them to wash every day, and they cannot clean their teeth with a two-hundred-year-old paste? It's generally funny about garbage, now it's not like an apocalypse, but garbage is lying around every corner, I'm not talking about the apartments of some individuals, that a little more than a dofig are covered with unnecessary rubbish, what to say about raiders, ghouls or super mutants is it for them to sweep chtoli huts? Crowing sissy, against the background of the general hate of the game, without sane arguments anyhow to reproach. And there is a licked and clean place in the game, this is an institution. It is so clean and sterile that it contains the very essence of the institute and its approach to solving all kinds of problems.

l
lokkie 19.11.21

There is no need to re-prove, for example, the existence of an electromagnetic field or re-invent the engine by trial.
There is no need, although this is debatable, given the global scale. But most importantly, the technical base .. which in the game is completely destroyed.
You are now surfing the Internet not because someone has proven the electromagnetic field, although this was a step in this, and long before the Internet itself. And thanks to the comprehensive technical base. Hydroelectric power plants, nuclear power plants, factories, transport, airplanes ... everything is linked into a single logistics, due to which, civilization exists at this level. And destroy all this, it remains only to be homeless, and to reinvent the electromagnet in a new way.

q
qfb 19.11.21

Sonic778
But the knowledge has survived. There is no need to re-prove, for example, the existence of an electromagnetic field or re-invent the engine by trial.

Well, imagine yourself in the role of such a survivor, could you reproduce the engine in the universe of folitch4? or could only tell its principle of operation
200 years have passed, and consider all raiders, residents and others, except for ghouls, are already a new generation of people who may not even know what an engine or an electromagnetic field is, if their descendant has not established a stable transfer of this knowledge, as in the institute for example

D
Dаli 19.11.21

Sonic778
I understand, it is blazing, but looking for arguments in a delusional topic is no less delusional, although they were voiced. And where should I "meddle" is not your dog's business;)

V
Verzor 19.11.21

lokkie
No-no-no-no. I am sitting at the computer because Feynman, Dirac and others once developed KTP, and Neumann developed the theory of operators. And only on this basis, in the middle of the century, the first integrated circuits began to be assembled. The same situation with the nuclear power plant - it was not just that someone decided to load the reactor with uranium - maybe what happens?;) This was done with a clear intention - to get energy. And this intention appeared after Bohr developed his theory. Not the other way around.

qfb
could you reproduce the engine
Yes! Could! In this matter, I would be a "cheater", tk. I have a department of internal combustion engines behind my shoulders and a lot of practice.

A
Angelica04 19.11.21

Sonic778
And the fact that after 200 years people have not restored civilization until now, no one is surprised? I'm talking about conversational games (3-4 parts), in the west all the norms and developed NKR are with pre-war laws, and Caesar's legion is a bloodthirsty, but organized society. Plus, it is also possible that the Vega Republic (dictatorship) will appear. And what is in Washington ?, - the top of civilization, a trough with scientists, then a megaton built of garbage, Teppeni skyscraper, a museum with ghouls and a cave with children. I’m keeping quiet about the fraternity, since they’re from the West Coast. But what’s in Boston? Two unfortunate settlements within Boston, still a living refuge and that's it. Plus a bunch of small farm houses with 2-6 inhabitants and that's it. The only developed society (institution) lives underground and they are destroyed by the player in 3 out of 4 endings.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

qfb
Radioactive water is the fiercest enchanting nonsense of developers. Water cannot be radioactive, except for rare isotopes that exist for a fraction of a second, and even then in the laboratory.

Angelica04
And the fact that after 200 years people have not restored civilization until now, no one is surprised?
This is another question, and apparently also fair.