3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Verzor 19.11.21 10:42 am

About post-apocalypse living conditions ... (Fallout 4)

Where does Bethesda have a strong belief that people after the apocalypse should live like homeless people?

There must be heaps of rubbish on the street and always (!) In houses. In no case should I give birth, I have to walk like miners (although the miners just wash after a hard day).
It is clear if there is rubbish in the abandoned houses - no one has appeared for two hundred years. But when people begin to live in a settlement, why can't they (as the developed apparently think) at least just sweep the trash out of the house ?! It is clear that demanding even walls or something cozy and beautiful is too much (not every person can make a roof over his head, let alone the walls), but sweep the trash out, KARL!
But no, it's cool to live in a barn ...

Spoiler

It was worth asking about the garbage in the house and rushed ... Idios Panopticon
89 Comments
Sort by:
l
lokkie 19.11.21

Thus, the main character after his appearance to the world could simply be misunderstood.
Not certainly in that way. You would fully understand your ancestor, but he would speak for you, a little weird. The millennial annals are quite readable and understandable, but the syllable is not the same as it is today. )
The turnovers are not like that, the construction of the sentence, etc. Some words are not like that, but in context, they are intuitive.
That is, they may well understand what has been burnt out. To point to a wonderful dialect is more likely.

A
Atay Wolverine 19.11.21

I found interesting information about the decay time of various materials:

Food waste From 10 days to 1 month
Newsprint From 1 month to 1 year
Leaves, seeds, twigs From 1 month to 1 season
Cardboard boxes Up to 1 year
Paper 2 years
Large branches Up to 10 years
Boards wooden Up to 10 years
Iron reinforcement Up to 10 years
Iron cans Up to 10 years
Old footwear Up to 10 years
Fragments of bricks, concrete Up to 100 years
Auto accumulators Up to 100 years
Foil Up to 100 years
Tin can Up to 90 years
Electric batteries Up to 100 years
Rubber tires Over 100 years
Plastic bottles Over 100 years
Plastic wrap 200 years
Aluminum cans 500 years
Glass More than 1000 years

From which we can conclude that the world of Fallout 4 in terms of the degree of preservation of wooden houses, cars and other things more refers to the time after 100 years (maximum) after a nuclear war. In this case, the safety of materials becomes higher if they are in dry conditions. Therefore, the setting of underground bunkers can be almost untouched. Correct if I'm wrong. Regarding radiation, everything seems to be correct, the half-life of some radioactive substances is hundreds of years or even more.

R
Rolento 19.11.21

Atay Wolverine
You write "Paper 2 years", and in the game in bulk of newspapers and comics

b
barmaley73 19.11.21

disaper
This is on a very, very average + that something would start to disintegrate, certain conditions are needed, in the mud on the street this is one thing, but in the house it is completely different. The Akhmes papyrus survived almost 4,000, while the Shigir idol, according to some estimates, is about 11,000, and in fact it was found in the swamp.
On the topic, I agree with what was previously stated that the gradual improvement of the territories the player cares about could be done. This is an additional incentive to take care of the settlements and the contrast with the "wild" area, IMHO, would only be in a plus atmosphere

A
Abakan200 19.11.21

Don't look for logic in games.
Take the Luminous Sea, for example. A nuclear bomb fell in that area, and houses in Boston remained intact. As if there was no nuclear war, but just all people suddenly disappeared and everything went into neglect.

N
Nighthawkreal 19.11.21

In fact, in Diamond City, the houses are pretty neat, it's just very crowded, and only raiders, scavengers, junkies and super mutants live in the houses around - not the cleanest public. Danse says it's too bad that people are crowded in the stadium and are afraid to occupy other houses.

A
Alexander Asadchiy 19.11.21

I read the topic and made 3 conclusions for myself
1. Dumbfounded with the language. Over 200 years, the vocabulary should have changed
2. We became profane with the level of civilization. In any case, the simplest industries and farms would have recovered in 200 years.
Garbage is very controversial. You can look at any beggar's quarter - there are mountains of rubbish and garbage

A
Atay Wolverine 19.11.21

For fun, google "abandoned cities of the USA" and you will see what the creators of Fallout 4 were inspired by. If we draw parallels, the world of Fallout 4 looks more like a post-nuclear world 10-20 years after the war.

K
Klim Chugunkin 19.11.21

Is there anything known about the fallout world after the war? that is, in the distant future -will it be rebuilt -will the cities, settlements and factories be rebuilt? or even hell knows how many years the devastation will be?