3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Overclocking: all about overclocking processors v.5

In this thread we are discussing overclocking processors.

Before asking "how to overclock", I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the materials provided at the following link.

Matchast for a beginner overclocking
On the benefits of overclocking. Part one, theoretical
On the benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclocking the processor and RAM

BIOS settings reference

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to make compromises

Previous topic here
213 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

pix.PlayGround.ru
Here, I turned to the overlockers forum. They only said to raise the multiplier, IVR and put the auto cache. 100% stability. There is a gain in heavy benches.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Ace of Spades
They only said to raise the multiplier
well, well, you can see right away, he is a pro.

S
Sidorovich12 21.11.21

In most cases, if you do not know what you are doing, it is better not to take it. Overclocking is a business that needs to be approached with all seriousness and have at least a little knowledge in this area. Therefore, before overclocking something, do not be lazy, re-read the manuals many times on the Internet and try to take into account the experience of others. I say this because as many of those present here think they know what it can lead to if you approach it anyhow.

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
And what else to do, as I didn’t twist IVR, it doesn’t help.
How many people, so many opinions (=

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Sidorovich12
These are the ones who advise the cartoon to be lifted in full and the rest on the car.

Ace of Spades
I wrote you many times what to do and what to check.
And for heaven's sake, throw away the linpak, for the stress there is prime95. It is much more flexible, starts with a low priority, can stop threads on each core separately and not all at once. In general, a good thing.

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
You offered me IVR = 2.100, as I remember, and reduce the pressure to 1.250, but the result is deplorable ....
The last mode is Manual, manual. In it, the voltage has a predetermined ceiling, which increases under load only by 0.010 V - 0.015 V. A small increase in voltage is the work of the iVR automatic logic. The advantages of this solution are that it is easier to select the desired voltage and stability over the entire frequency range. Cons - yes, in general, they are not.

Better to start overclocking by choosing manual voltage control. This will facilitate and speed up the process itself.
As I understand it, you can auto-post IVR without problems
http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/56089/Spravochnik_po_razgonu_processorov_Intel_Haswell.html

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Ace of Spades
What exactly is its lamentability?

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
Blue Screen. And in general, they write in the article.

Since the iVR is now fully voltage controlled and there is no Vdrop, is the LLC function no longer needed?
Yes and no at the same time. The fact is that the processor cores are protected from Vdrop by the iVR itself, however, the voltage drop between the VRM of the motherboard and the iVR is still present in the load, although it is quite insignificant. This affects the ratio Vccin = Vcore + 0.45-0.5 V, and can drive Vccin out of the + 0.45 / 0.5 delta, thereby destabilizing the system. Therefore, it will not be superfluous to select the LLC compensation level to keep the Vccin voltage constant under load. The Vccin voltage can be viewed in information utilities such as AIDA64 and HWiNFOx64.
It turns out Vccin = 1.280-0.5
Vccin (IVR) = 0.78
I don’t understand something.
IVR = standard 1.808

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vccin = Vcore + 0.45-0.5 V - read as plus 0.45 dash 0.5
V It turns out Vccin = 1.280-0.5 not minus but plus

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul Got it
. And all the same, the standard turns out as the car puts it. 1.280 + 0.5 = 1.78. (=

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

This is the standard. We're talking about overclocking.
In general, I don’t know, maybe you really have such an unfortunate stone, I have a bad idea of ​​bin by vid. I usually blame on the multitude of the 1.4v system.
If your percent requires 1.28 to 4.5, then it should boot Windows somewhere by 47. If it can be higher, then the settings are crooked.

In general, right now, in new mothers, you can always take screenshots from the BIOS, do not be lazy to remove the screenshots so that later you do not need to ask each setting 10 times again.

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
Well, I’ll come home in the evening, and I’m leaving everything for you, and we’ll think about it (=

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

Here. Stoke.
Spoiler pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
Acceleration.
Spoilerpix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

DIGI + VRM still remove

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul Wait a
second.

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

pix.PlayGround.ru

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Ai overclock tuner - manual
Internal PLL overvoltage - enabled
CPU core voltage - offset mode +
The voltage itself will need to be adjusted, first put 0.02, then after booting into Windows, see how much to put, and based on this value, adjust to 1.26 (to For example, if it is 1.31, put instead +0.02 -0.03)
Input voltage - 2.0v

V DIGI +
Loadline - very high
voltage freq - 500Khz
power phase - optimized
Current capability 120%

First try this. Postrest by prime
If there is bsod - be sure to see the code. Usually there is 101 or even more often 124

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

Ai overclock tuner - manual, now, do you need to set something further?

Internal PLL overvoltage - not found, maybe blind?

Loadline there I have from level 1 to 8

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Ace of Spades
Internal PLL overvoltage - not found, maybe blind?
http://i.playground.ru/i/70/73/10/10/pix/image.jpg 5th from the top

never read the srins from the BIOS in Russian, God only knows who made this translation and how he called what was there ...

Loadline there I have from 1 level to 8
then 6

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
Okay, let's stay