3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Overclocking: all about overclocking processors v.5

In this thread we are discussing overclocking processors.

Before asking "how to overclock", I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the materials provided at the following link.

Matchast for a beginner overclocking
On the benefits of overclocking. Part one, theoretical
On the benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclocking the processor and RAM

BIOS settings reference

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to make compromises

Previous topic here
213 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

Without manual boost, the springs achieved stable operation at 1.65V 2400MHz 11-11-12-25. Later I will try to increase the pressure and take 2600. A couple of times I had to fall under the table and grope for the reset button, all because of the tRP, if you underestimate it below the required limit, there is no automatic reset, you have to reset it manually. All other timings are easily reset automatically if the memory is empty.

7Rain7 21.11.21

Belomorkanal Did it work
? And in theory, our attempts above 2133 do not make much sense.

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

7Rain7
I took 2600, but only with automatic timings, it suddenly lifted up to 1.9, it works extremely unstable, processes are quitted (stop responding) and even artifacts appear on the desktop in the form of colored stripes, but there was not a single bsod. I'm afraid the OS will screw up, so I have enough experimentation.
Now I set the "everyday" mode to 2200 10-10-11-25, at 1.65V it works fine. Percent overclocked to 4.2 GHz on a non-dynamic mult, works in 8 threads.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

Yesterday a friend was brought 4790K, with v1.40 @ 5.0, this is good luck.
ZY I myself watched the memory overclocking tests, IMHO the most successful frequency is 1866, there really is an increase of up to 5 fps, it is already pointless to go higher, from 0.2 to 0.5 gain, if for work then of course there is a difference.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

A month ago, the bot sold 4790k [email protected] 32m passes.
1.32v on prime / xtu.

1.4v is just a normal chip.

k
kamaz360 21.11.21

There is such a processor Amd phenom 2 x4 925 2.8 GHz. Even when I bought it, I overclocked it to 3.3 GHz without raising the voltage. I read on an Internet that these processors easily chase further. I decided to try it, so that's why he doesn't want to go higher. The standard voltage is 2.500, I tried to increase it by 1.350 and there is no sense at 1.400. It's just that if you put a multiplier of more than 237 238 in the BIOS, then the monitor does not turn on when you reboot, and you have to enter the BIOS through the insert. That is, rests on approximately 3315 and on the monitor is not loaded, and no matter how much stress in 1250 or 1400 (Who's to say what is the reason? And how can it be to hold out until 3400 at least?
Mat board Asrock n68c gs Fx. Screen with Aida

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

kamaz360 Reduce the

memory divider by one point, if it did not lower it ..
Shl: the motherboard is rather weak for normal overclocking

k
kamaz360 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
I didn't quite understand how to lower it ... Here's a picture of the bios, tell me.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

kamaz360 Go to

Memory Clock)
And also set PCI-E Frequency to 101.
Oh yes, also lower HT Bus Speed ​​by x 9
Spread Spectrum turn off

k
kamaz360 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
what is Spread Spectrum responsible for?
So won't I raise it to x9? worth the same x8.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

kamaz360
So on x9 will I not raise it? worth the same x8.

on x8 you have NB. By the way, it must be higher or equal to HT.
Try to put HT at 8, and NB either leave at 8, or raise it to 9.

But what is Spread Spectrum responsible for?

hell knows, but it is recommended to turn it off. Especially when overclocking.
Here's what I found on the net:

Spread Spectrum Modulated - Enabling this setting reduces electromagnetic radiation from the computer by reducing the overshoot of the clock signal. The decrease can be up to 6%. It should be noted that this may adversely affect the operation of waveform-sensitive devices such as Fast Wide SCSI hard disks, therefore it is recommended to enable this parameter only when testing computers for electromagnetic compatibility.

k
kamaz360 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
And so I tried different advice that you gave but nothing helped.
I set PCI-E Frequency to 101
in HT Bus Speed, sort of like x9, and not at all. There is a maximum of x5 (hidden are attached) I
tried to set 8 bits in HT bus width also did not help. I
put the voltage on the processor 1400 but did not help either.
in memory clock and all there is no divider. There just frequencies (screenshots are attached), set the frequencies to a minimum, but to the point of 0. The result is the same, at a standard voltage of 1.250, it takes 3.3 per core as before, calm, and then it simply does not want to go, the voltage is 1.400 and there is no sense. It's just that the system manager starts up and the monitor does not. Where is this divider located? Maybe I did something wrong?

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

kamaz360
Where is this divider located? Maybe I did something wrong?

where I set the frequencies)
Once I set it, and the sense is zero, it means I didn’t
stick to my memory, which would be logical .. The conclusion is simple: the motherboard does not pull corny. It is not designed for overclocking, it is a budget solution.
There is a second option: the stone is not so hot, but it is doubtful, such stones. Usually, up to 3.5 GHz were chased for sure.

k
kamaz360 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
tell me, is this option possible that how will I change my ddr 2 (333 mhz) to ddr3 (8GB) 1333 1600 will the processor go on? Or is there no difference?

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

The kamaz360

processor is unlikely to "go further" ..

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

And the RAM when overclocked to 2400 MHz will heat up the processor a lot, because now at 1866 and 4.5 the temperature is 90C?
Just in confusion, now it costs 4 + 4, but it's almost not enough, and I can't buy such a model in Minsk, I'm thinking:
http://catalog.onliner.by/dram/kingston/hx316c10fb8
Buy two of these, and sell overclocking up to 2400

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
No matter how there is some nanya, or whatever this slag is called.
If I were you, I would have looked at some kind of ibee whale on the MFR.

Regarding whether the percent warms up - no, it does not heat. Yes, and for the hasvel, it should not be a problem to pull 4x4 @ 2400mhz normally.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
And please send me a link, otherwise I do not rummage in the markings of the RAM. I would only drive 2400 and that's it.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

By the way, 10-10-10-27 1.5v is kind of like a micron. Well, in any case, I found corsairs right now with such a bin v3
On the topic of where to get MFR, copy-paste from Semyon's guide:
Nearly all 4GB modules rated 2666 11-13-13 and 2800 12-14-14 produced after mid-2013. All 4GB modules rated 2933 and above. All 8GB modules rated 2600 and above.
Some single-sided 4GB and dual-sided 8GB modules rated 2133 10-12-12 and 2400 11-13-13.
Kingston's 8GB modules rated 2133C11 and 2400C11. Corsair ver5.29.
MFR is almost never installed on low-frequency modules at all, although there were some cases on MFR, but they are unlikely to go 2400 normally.

Sometimes it is possible to catch a good whale cheaply on Ibei, although delivery from most countries costs substantial money.

PS don't buy from canada, their mail is the worst thing ever. Ours, compared to theirs, is simply ideal.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
I will not order from anywhere. Again, I don't understand the markings, I would have a memory that can easily be chased up to 2400 MHz, no more