3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Overclocking: all about overclocking processors v.5

In this thread we are discussing overclocking processors.

Before asking "how to overclock", I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the materials provided at the following link.

Matchast for a beginner overclocking
On the benefits of overclocking. Part one, theoretical
On the benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclocking the processor and RAM

BIOS settings reference

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to make compromises

Previous topic here
213 Comments
Sort by:
D
DartMaul 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Probably the mother gets sick from such a voltage) Try to set it lower ..
Strictly speaking, VRM does not care what voltage at the output, it is important 1) how many watts are pumped through it 2) switching frequency of mosfets (vrm fixed freq)

PS motherboard Asus by default all phases are not used.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

SUSUL1 is
actually an 8-phase

Gigabyte 990XA-UD3? 4 doubled phases. 4 doubled and 8 phases are not the same at all ..

RoleX
1.45 it was the maximum in general, and so I gradually increased it when the percentage refused to pass the test, so this is not the case,

it may not only increase / decrease the CPU voltage. What's with the memory? Did you overclock the memory or not?

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

http://hwbot.org/submission/2728794
Probably boyan, even on overs already, but still.
Records in 32m are updated very rarely, it's hard to describe how cool it is.

Dancop improved the previous WR (the result of Andre himself) by a second, on samsungs and on 1 core (having only + 20 MHz). True anchor is certainly faster. Efficiency 101%. Crystal vase.

Technically, if he can drive at such settings, with the same efficiency, but with a different memory, he will cut off another second - one and a half. For WRa, where they usually improve in hundredths, this is simply unrealistic.

T
Tier69 21.11.21

4790K, Any Liquid metal, Any thermal paste for isolating protruding contacts, Old Soviet vice (Namely, Soviet rusty, dirty, tightly spinning but effective), auto sealant 999 (who knows what the numbers are), 4 napkins and nail polish remover, well and a Home Hair Dryer (For me, the most inaccessible device barely snatched from my wife's hands ... it’s when she fell asleep). That's all that is needed to accelerate to 5.4 on a constant by air.

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich- Did you
overclock the memory or not?

the memory did not overclock, it works at the nominal 1333, although you can select 1600 and 1866 in the

BIOS.By the way, the turbocor does not work either, even if you set everything to auto, to auto voltage 1.42, the turbocor should catch up with the percentage from 3.6 to 3.8, but dzhe at 100% load, nothing happens, I again sin on the motherboard, it has a limit of up to 95 watts, maybe just during overclocking and in the turbocharger mode, the percentage consumes more and the motherboard simply does not allow itself to be overloaded?

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

SUSUL1
Maybe you're just overheating?

there is definitely no overheating, the max temperature at 100% load is 55 degrees, at idle

37.Try on the contrary to lower the voltage to 1.4 or 1.38, turn off the turbo boost and once again test the

voltage for me is 1.35, at a nominal frequency of 3.6 it is quite enough for stable operation, my turbo boost was always disabled when trying to overclock and now (read my messages above)

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

what about the forum? why is everyone silent? have any ideas about my problem?

S
SUSUL1 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
but it's not only about the blue business, here is a whole zoo of chipsets and bios

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

SUSUL1 Xs
, I don’t rummage in AMD chipsets, except for stones, then all the more it is necessary to go to overlockers

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

RoleX,

I would have helped you, but I have been on Intel for a year already, before that I was sitting on AMD for a long time (I drove quite a lot of different processors, at one time, FX included), I forgot some of the nuances of overclocking these stones (and they are).
But in general, there is little complicated there. For the first time, turn off energy-saving functions, don't touch the memory yet, fix its frequency, fix its voltage, turn off the turbo core, fix PCI-E to 101. Increase the processor multiplier, slightly increase the CPU voltage, test for stability. Thus, we find stable frequencies at an acceptable voltage and temperature, we begin to drive the memory. You have a standard cheap Kingston, it's not so hot, you can try to drive the divider up to 1866 MHz (or you don't have to bother, put it at 1600 MHz, there won't be much profit for your system). Then you can turn on Cool & Quete, which is useful and, in theory, should work correctly with overclocked FX stones (it worked for me). Basically, these are the basics. Try it.
PS: the BIOS of the motherboard is the freshest, maybe the mother gets out of the raw BIOS.
And yes, I repeat, your motherboard for overclocking is not very useful in itself - the budget option is the best ..

-
-cirius- 21.11.21

RoleX
try to forcibly cool the VRM, install some kind of fan, it may overheat in the power circuits.

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
thank you very much for your help

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

RoleX

if you drive the memory, then there you will also have to tinker with the timings and stress. I forgot to write about it.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
drive memory
And, what where?

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

DartMaul
which is where

, therefore, in Karaganda)

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

30GamesADay
for me it reaches 1.356v (when the frequency rises to 4400 in cpu-z)
Why the shit is this overclocking? 4400 at 1.356. Tin, stone is shit

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh

30GamesADay, hike, did not overclock it. This is how the turbo-boost works for him)

B
Bomber 21.11.21

30GamesADay
why your mother overestimates naprugu, read the article.
http://www.3dnews.ru/822760

D
DozoRRR 21.11.21

30GamesADay
If there are so many handjobs that you can't update the BIOS, then don't overclock at all, it works and okay.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
People 4970 drive to 4.7-4.8 at 1.250 volts, and he 4.4 at 1.356: D
Buy 4790 and drive to 44, lol