3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Overclocking: all about overclocking processors v.5

In this thread we are discussing overclocking processors.

Before asking "how to overclock", I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the materials provided at the following link.

Matchast for a beginner overclocking
On the benefits of overclocking. Part one, theoretical
On the benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclocking the processor and RAM

BIOS settings reference

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to make compromises

Previous topic here
213 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
In short, according to your parameters, even Windows did not start, left 4.4 at IVR = 1.840 and 1.240V. linX test passed, even if it weighs so, that's enough for me

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

So the offset is crooked

A
Ace of Spades 21.11.21

DartMaul
Now, there is time. I passed the course. I try it on IVR = 2.000 and 1.270 at x45, let's see what happens (it didn't work, at 22 test the error in the link crashes. Well, at least the bsod does not crash. I decided to set the Current capability to 120%. And at least there is no error, there is no bsod (=. So I think what to do with IVR and something else.
ZY And why the external frequency for CPU-Z is 99.98 at x45, is this normal?
That's what happened, 120% 1.270 (I'll try again tomorrow at 1.260, 1.250 doesn't pull) IVR = 2.1
pix.PlayGround.ru

S
SUSUL1 21.11.21

Well, the admin came ... he began to remind of the rules ...
On the topic,
a piper came to my power supply, 2m motherboards and a processor, apparently they were not designed for 220W AC, but the lid did not rip off ... I
came to the store, I looked at the cost of the i5 4570 and again had to make a choice in favor of the 8320, although the motherboard had to be taken on the 970 chipset
By the way, the new percent eats 1.31 all the way to 1.41 of the previous one (or is it the merit of the new motherboard ASUS M5a97) and as a result of tests at a frequency of 4.2 GHz higher than 55C warmed up, the deceased warmed up at 65)

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

SUSUL1
Yeah, not the right time for such breakdowns, considering the prices.
Did it all burn out at once? What kind of block was it? And what does it mean "apparently they are not designed for 220W AC"? And yet 220V, not watts and not current, but voltage.

S
SUSUL1 21.11.21

Belomorkanal
The Chieftec CFT-750-14CS power supply unit
was honestly cut down 2 times by load protection. but I was persistent =)
Yes, it was 220V AC that went along the 12V line, my tester was cut off when I started checking the power supply without the motherboard on DC (because I burned 2 pieces (I thought at first that the motherboard could not stand it and decided another put in the end ShIMkontrollerov wreckage scattered in every corner ...)

Now, if the PC will be cut down so hard, I'll be smarter = (
Fortunately multimeters are more tenacious.

A valuable ... it is necessary to get used to. many chain stores keep the price tag of the dollar, and it is unlikely to fall below 50 this year ... (but these are already questions for the economy)

Shl
I recommend that the admin in the topic about the elections of the BP still fix the Temko, how to check them, if something happened.
So that others know the same ... Otherwise, I have not encountered such a problem before, for which I paid for 17k rubles ...
Well at least the video card survived somehow, maybe it had a different power line ...

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

SUSUL1
Yes, with such prices only AMD and buy. My 4770k cost me 12500r at the end of summer, now it's already 25000r, it's just absurd.
Well, what can you say? .... You need to protect yourself. And not to force the technique, with a fool you can and ... but oh well. But you are in luck with the video card, because PCI-E still runs 12v from 24pin. And it was lucky that there was no interturn on the power supply unit, it could jump up to 1000v, although the current would be small, but this voltage would be enough to flash the tracks and cover the whole system and drives and disks via sATA. And with an ordinary drive from a lighter, you can generally arrange sabotage, one click and the computer is ready.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

SUSUL1
By the way, the new percent is eating 1.31 all over 1.41 of the previous one (or is it the merit of the new motherboard ASUS M5a97)
LLC?

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

SUSUL1
came a kick to my power supply, 2m motherboards and a processor, apparently they are not designed for 220W, the

unit is just likely to have served its purpose . The model is old-fashioned, like 2008-2009 ... And besides, it is not as successful as the newer APS-series.
I, too, have a previous Chieftec APS-650C wound up after 4.5 years of use. But he didn't take anything with him, he just died and that's it. But he died justifiably - I loaded him both in the tail and in the mane, which is only an overclocked hair dryer 955 + cross from the unlocked HD 6950). In general, he underwent a lot of upgrades))

By the way, the new process eats 1.31 all over 1.41 of the previous one (or is it the merit of the new motherboard ASUS M5a97)

it is most likely that the mother set such a voltage on the "machine". And it is not a fact that it is stable for a frequency of 4.2 GHz. It's just not likely.

S
SUSUL1 21.11.21

DartMaul
LLC, there is such an item in the BIOS, it is on the car.

-Sergey Viktorovich-
drove 20 minutes through the ANM, but nothing, it went fine ... Of course, this is not the strongest stability tester, but not the weakest

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

I drove my percent by the multiplier, with any (even the slightest) overclocking, at maximum load, the percent drops the frequencies to less than the nominal ones, apm and turbo core are disabled, I sin on the motherboard, because it is not at all for overclocking, but maybe there is another way?

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

For a start, RoleX would be nice to voice what components you have. And it is desirable to briefly describe how he drove.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

SUSUL1
LLC, there is such an item in the BIOS, it is on the car.

those. Is the CPU voltage set to 1.31 in your BIOS?
During the tests, monitor the voltage in the test programs.
I have an MSI 990FXA-GD65 on my mother with a voltage of 1.392 V set in the BIOS. in the load, the voltage could rise to 1.49 V. (FX 8320 @ 4.7 GHz), depending on the strength of the load - in games up to a maximum of 1.45 V., in stress tests up to 1.49 V.

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich- the
configuration is in the profile, well, if it's difficult to log in, I'll
throw it off : FX-4100BE • Kingston DDR3 4GB-1333 • GTS450 (N450GTS-MD1GD5) @ 900/3900 • ASRock N68C-GS FX • Lux ATX 450W • Seagate ST3500418AS • Samsung SyncMaster 920N (1280x1024) • Storm 2767-3-SXB • Win7 x64 Ultimate

drove by a multiplier, gradually raising the frequency 3.7-3.8-3.9, tested osst, if the test did not pass, then raised the voltage, reached 1.45 (nominal 1.35 ), but the bottom line is that even with this voltage and frequency of 3.7, the test passed, but the frequencies were sometimes dropped to 1.2

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

RoleX
test then the percent passed, but the frequencies were sometimes reset to 1.2

cool & quete in the BIOS, if enabled. And so, the motherboard, to put it mildly, is not ice, for overclocking then ...

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
cool & quete was already turned off, but the fact that the motherboard for overclocking is not suitable is yes, but I thought at least I could still squeeze something out of the processor, because on YouTube I saw gameplay videos with the same motherboard and percentage in overclocking to 4.2

S
SUSUL1 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
gigabyte 990xa liked to keep the voltage higher, since it has something to power it

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

RoleX
reached 1.45

Probably the mother gets sick from this voltage) Try to set it lower ..

SUSUL1
gigabyte 990xa liked to keep the voltage higher, since it has something to power ...

on your previous 990xa the power converter is, in fact, the same 4- x phase, as on this asus ..

S
SUSUL1 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
actually it is 8-phase, I chose it for a long time, I read a lot of reviews ...
But that was the first revision, and the first revision of both the motherboard and one of the first processors =)
almost 14 BIOS versions were released on it!
In the factory edition of the BIOS, she did not want to run the percentages with a voltage below 1.42
Next time I’ll be smarter, I’ll wait at least half a year before updating the hardware ... While the hardware and software developers will understand each other ...

W
WНOAMI 21.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Probably the mother gets sick from such stress) Try to set lower ..

1.45 it was the maximum in general, and so I gradually increased when the percentage refused to pass the test, so that's not the point