3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Overclocking: all about overclocking processors v.5

In this thread we are discussing overclocking processors.

Before asking "how to overclock", I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the materials provided at the following link.

Matchast for a beginner overclocking
On the benefits of overclocking. Part one, theoretical
On the benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclocking the processor and RAM

BIOS settings reference

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to make compromises

Previous topic here
213 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

30GamesADay
Why overclock then? if you leave a low frequency under shit? 4400 should scald by about 1,200-1,220, and maybe even 1,180. Run just 30 minutes in LinX and profit

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
Why overclock then? if you leave a low frequency under shit?
I think this is recommended by experts on gamegpu

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

30GamesADay
(mb stone is unsuccessful, and so on, especially since I took OEM)
If grandma were a grandfather, she would have ... How can you find out the potential of a stone without overclocking? You haven't even looked at VID.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

30GamesADay enable
core virtualization. speed up the entire system on the bus.
and on amd everything is sweet and smooth. pecafeys zpeg.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

30GamesADay
delivered a curve repack. put a record of the match.
Yes, there is a drawdown, or rather a frieze, just up to 50 fps. It happens when someone finishes building a pack of units, or something like that.
overclocked the computer as it was before - on the bus up to 4GHz -4.5 turbo. only amdshnykh ht did not touch. For some reason, 2900s is overclocked with something.
the frieze did not seem to notice or slipped through. for fidelity, once again in x4 speed, I drove the computer hung from overclocking in the process.
so by increasing the speed of the bus and cache memory chipset during extreme overclocking, you can fight with freezes, since the time for reading-writing the cache decreases,
I also remember that something like this was on computers with antivirus, but there it was long and difficult.
played on the maximum grafon with 32 bit color no kidding. I did not see any ogl there dx8 and no gl there seems to have ever been found.
I advised to disable it because virtual cores sit on the same cache, but this game does not need it. well, and the same with NT Intel is worse chasing. in all extreme tests it is turned off like super pi.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

30GamesADay
and why if dx is up and running? it used to be there for schoolchildren, in particular, 16 bi color and smooth flight.

V
Virtuoz11 21.11.21

Core i5-760 with turbo without overclocking, Crysis 3 as a test I'm confused by the

max temperature, I don't play in crysis, but even in light games the temperature on the first core is 65-67.
Honestly, I'm used to silence. Is it worth raising the speed of the cooler?

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Virtuoz11
No. Lynfield at 45nm, they are oak.
In addition, TJMax is 100C.

V
Virtuoz11 21.11.21

It's funny, linx warmed up the first and second cores to 74 degrees at 75% of the cooler's rpm. Crysis 3 pounds on par with him, lol. Although the video card probably baked.
Screen
DartMaul Are
oak in the sense of cold? For me, the i3 was so cold. Rise up to 60C in rare cases. 70C under load suggest long term service?
PS A question about the turbo-boost. 3.3GHz seems to be the peak rise, in the 2.9GHz linkpack there is a constant frequency. What's the catch?

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Virtuoz11
Oak in the sense of not being killed.
5 years ago I had a 920th, Bloomfield, but it does not differ much from yours, I mercilessly drove it for 3 years, warmed up to 105 under stress in acceleration (4.4 or 4.5 I do not remember how many there were, I'm in the tire rested in the region of 220Mhz). For 3 years, not the slightest hint of degradation.

V
Virtuoz11 21.11.21

DartMaul
Thank you. So then we will drive)

E
Especially_nubasen 21.11.21

I plan to overclock fx8320. There is a motherboard m5a99x evo (not r2.0), bp thermaltake tr2 600W. Is there enough for overclocking these power supply units for the mother, and how much is it worth raising the frequency. Cooler zalman x10 performa.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

Ososo_nubasen
Is there enough for overclocking these power supply units and the mother

completely.

and to how much it is worth raising the frequency, the

main thing is to find an acceptable frequency / voltage / temperature ratio.
4.5 GHz should take, most likely, without any problems.

7Rain7 21.11.21

In general, the procyclist arrived. Took vsetki 8320. I was lucky with a stone. 4.4 GHz holds with a sponge of only 1.4V. passing both prime95 and linpak. The memory frequency also easily withstands 2133 when the memory strap is raised to only 1.55 By default, at 1866 it has 1.5V. Although in stock in 1866, the Beavis even seems to be hawking from memory 1.47.
Will I start about the impressions? Whoever said that he was hot, he did not use it 100%. Aida seems to be idle at 11-14C. Well, when the frequencies are dropped to 1.4GHz from the cooler and quit. Under light load (the frequency is already 4.4) it shows 28C In apartment 22C in this room. The other day I turned on Prime 95 before going to bed and passed out into sleep. After 6 hours of running, the prime temperature was 59C. But it’s a 6 hour run with ALL turntables in the case turned off. With a 2-hour run of prime 95 and all the turntables in the case turned on (under the reobass only 400 revolutions each) 3 for blowing in and 3 for blowing out, the core temperature was only 52C. Linpak, which is strange, warmed up less in total. With an increase in the turns of the valves on the dropsy radiator from 700 to the same 1000, the temperature of the nuclei in the prime is 45C, and up to 1500 the rate was about 39C. I left it at 700 forcibly. One figs could not warm up overnight. Up to stable 5 GHz, it turned out to drive out with a sprung 1.6 per percent. I did not touch it on the bridges. Stability tests passed with a bang. Left constant acceleration at 4.4
And yes, as already mentioned, I did not notice the difference in work at all. It even boots in the same way as i7. Only the lights of Windows have time to come out and the welcome window flashes for half a second. In work the same thing, in games, too, did not see the difference. Frapsom did not measure. Yuzal in dying light, the crew, resident evil revelations 2. I didn't see the difference with intel. Monique AOC 60 Hertz IPS Schnick.
PS. The dropsy, by the way, made me happy, even though it was a stock one. I took a pig in a poke, because there have been no normal reviews for the new series yet. One of these days, another water block for vidyahi, a pump, a reservoir, hoses and fluid will come for her. So I think if you remove the wiring and cut off the second pump, the reservoir in the drain and run it through the vidyahu too, will there be enough radiator for 2 120 turntables? If not, then maybe I will make 2 independent systems szho. Fortunately, the system unit has where to attach radiators from dropsy.

PPP: Normal stone, yet I do not understand what it is being infringed on. It seems like he copes with all the tasks with a bang.

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

7Rain7
Congratulations on your purchase. It's good that you took exactly 8320 and did not overpay for 8350.

7Rain7 21.11.21

Belomorkanal
Thank you. By the way, I wonder if it makes sense to drive it above 4.4 on a constant? 4.6 - 4.8 holds without problems for cooling, tests also pass. Or doesn't it make sense?

d
dobro4insky 21.11.21

7Rain7
So we keep telling you ... I, SV, real users, that there is no difference ... You don’t believe until you see for yourself .. You listen to all sorts of crooked, crooked-brain 30GamesADay, Kirilov 98, etc.
A question for you ....
Now, when they started using 8320, did you take for yourself, for example, 4670 or 4690 or would you stay on this stone ... In response, weigh your pros and cons and do not forget the price / performance parameter ... I think , it will be interesting for many to read ...
Shl . Congratulations on a successful purchase ... You still need to be put on cards from the Reds, by the way, new ones will be released soon ...

7Rain7 21.11.21

dobro4insky
Yes, I just re-read and reviewed a bunch of tests before buying. The same is on the same youtube. With the current dollar situation, I would not take Intel percent for games. I don’t play fraps, so I don’t see the point in it. Yes, and something tells me that if I had chased Intel fraps earlier, and now AMD, I would not have seen much difference. At least I can't see her with my own eyes. Vidyashka already took r9 280x since this series is exceptionally successful in my opinion. Yes, and it cost me only 13k rubles, when the rate was 64 rubles for George Washington. I had 4790K. Whether the question would remain or not, the answer is also obvious. Of course, I would have stayed, and if not a forced purchase, then I would not have taken the amd on purpose. Again, because I do not see the difference as a user. Intel was even scalped, but it gave out the same pace.
In modern realities of prices and in the absence of a visual difference between work and games in full HD and ultra max settings, I DID NOT SEE any difference in the systems.
I didn’t measure how much the power supply was eating, and there’s nothing, but take into account that at maximum system loads on the power supply, the valve does not add even 50 revolutions per second, I don’t think that much.

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

7Rain7
And if I were you, I would not take 280He, but nosebleed, but I would scrape at 290 (without He). With such a processor, that's it. A power supply unit would easily pull such a system with extreme overclocking of the CPU and GPU. Moreover, there is a good dropsy.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

7Rain7
... I DID NOT SEE the difference in systems ...
.... Vidyashka already took r9 280x ....

with such a vidyashka you won’t see the difference) Your processor perfectly reveals its capabilities ..
The difference can most likely be noticed if compare with cards of the R9 290 / GTX 970 and higher level, and you will definitely notice with configurations of 2 cards.