3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Traun 05.12.21 01:20 am

Beta Impressions (Star Wars: Battlefront (2015))

I deliberately stayed at work to stay behind BF.
Mini tip: Nothing out of the ordinary, and the truth is, it smells like arcade, very beautiful, although the colors are very saturated, too much.
You can't understand anything from the batka, only 1 attack aircraft and a rebel are available, and as I understand it, only 1 weapon is available.
Planet, on Sallust, as I understand it, I played - small corridors made of rocks.
Well, I don’t regret what I bought.
And by the way, about the requirements, my gtx 770 2 gb 8 RAM i5 4570 pulled at ultras from 53-60 fps (with vsync enabled)
When killing when the body flies off, it dropped to 40, and in the game 53-60.
83 Comments
Sort by:
F
FightMan 05.12.21

Beta I liked, as for me Battlefield 4 is better

S
Shkudi 05.12.21

Aren't you tired of comparing it with a battle?) The point is to compare an arcade with a shooter (ala f2p). The developers themselves said, and more than once, that the battlefront will not be a battle 5. There will be no kukarekons lying on the roofs of the whole game or numbing helicopters with 90/2 stats, tons of useless weapons, a fucking battle tag and other attributes of a battle. Only the blind and the dumb did not know that these were two completely different projects, and, accordingly, different directions.

s
seravr 05.12.21

The game was disappointing, you have to return the game. As if the developers did not assure the opposite, but this is still the same battlefield, uninteresting maps on which senseless chaos is created. I am sincerely sorry, because I have been waiting for this game for so long.

T
Taren69 05.12.21

These are star wars, and therefore, first of all, you want battles in space, but they are not yet there (((and it is expensive for a shooter without a company, albeit for show, and a small starting set of cards. Reminds the story of the Titans, a good game but at the start There was also little content and everyone quickly got tired of it. While I will not take it, wait until the add-ons are released, and I will take it at a discount.

Z
Zector 05.12.21

Guys, is there any information on the number of modes and large maps with vehicles in the release?

S
Shkudi 05.12.21

Zector
infa is - somewhere there was news, or googled.

S
Sprintin 05.12.21

well, to be honest, not inspired!
optimism on top, goes on ultra without lags!
but somehow 2 thousand for a shooter without sense to give laziness.
it would be better to have done ala Star_Wars_Jedi_Knight_Jedi_Academy and the plot and the network, everything was ok),
in principle, as for mash and post-fire norms, you should not expect anything else from her.

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Over the weekend I watched both trilogies for the first time. Next in line are 6 seasons of the cartoon. I got involved, so to speak, in this universe. And, roughly speaking, thanks to this toy. So, as a stirring up of interest in films and, in particular, in a new film, the game fulfills its role 100%. Accordingly, after watching, being already "in the subject" I went to play again. In general, the game touches only the atmosphere. The atmosphere and graphics are really gorgeous. But the gameplay is oversimplified. The developers tried so hard to make the game not look like BF, and they succeeded, but in the end they made just a castrated battlefield, which became much closer to some thread of pass-through code - and this is just awful. Even the epic battle on the hote is made boring and dull - either you stupidly do piu-piu, or you stupidly run around in search of the desired item. At the same time, there is no tactics or variety of battle, and even more so. Therefore, I just can't decide for myself whether I'll buy it in the end or not. On the one hand, the universe of Star Wars is hooked and I want to plunge into this atmosphere, on the other hand, I do not like despondency and monotony. So if I buy it, then definitely not now. Let's see what will be there on release.

z
zoomukc 05.12.21

I only liked the atmosphere. And consistency would not interfere with the game. I only got fun from the sounds of blasters and the roar of the metal of the imperial technique. Well, I also liked the jetpack - a cheating feature: hp at zero, fly to hell.

1) Terrible respawn of players. You appeared, a second later, a foe appears behind your back and take you out instantly.
2) Imbalance on the winter map, where the assault is imperial from AT-AT. The rebels are permanently injecting, the exception is a very high skill of the defense players.
3) Post-battle experience points are credited forever, you cannot miss it.

Will there be so few cards? 1mode = 1card? I thought that the DropZone would have 5 cards, VolkerSturm would have no less. For 5 hours I was tired of both cards (both modes). Perhaps it was worthwhile to stir up the regime on this winter map, indoors (to expand the ice corridors).

m
maksimfighter 05.12.21

just played again, such crap that words cannot convey

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
almost all the flaws that you described in the battle are signs of a team and tactical game and the elements that push you towards it (but as you described, sometimes all sorts of idiots spoil everything - there are not so many of them). in the battlefront, the team play was cut to a minimum. Yes, there are no idiots who can spoil - but this is only because the gameplay, in principle, does not provide for any interaction - you can neither help nor interfere. there are practically no squads, no interaction of players, equipment, etc. with each other - you can immediately revive and immediately shoot stupidly. and for me personally, this is a minus. and you just described the "stupid arcade shots". and apparently your first impression was correct - because then you wrote a text that only confirms this.
Of course, everything that was in the battle is not needed here. But it seems to me that it was necessary at least to give the players a chance to choose vehicles and gadgets themselves, and to make a balance between vehicles and infantry and between imperials and rebels. Well, and still to establish some kind of social interaction between the players. If in battle this is dictated by the rules of the game, and even unfamiliar players for the sake of victory (capturing a point, destroying a transmitter, holding a position, breaking through, etc.) cover each other, heal, repair equipment, etc. - i.e. There are constant mini-goals that everyone understands, which are almost impossible to complete without each other's help, and the options for this help are extensive. Here, for contacts between players, one could enter some kind of mini-tasks for groups or something like that. For in the war mode between two teams, the developers must understand that basically it will be two teams of random, and they themselves must somehow push for united actions, since they did it at least in the same battle. And if there is no team game in the shooter, everything will come down to stupid arcade shots. Therefore, I still hope to see something new at the release, because I want to buy the game, but not quite the way it turns out so far.

B
BioGen 05.12.21

Well, the beta was not bad, with optimism, but there were also technical problems. In the network card, there was a terrible imbalance and respawn, there were no points for respawn, unfortunately, and what I didn’t like more was the lack of content, but I understand that there were more beta cards. The atmosphere of ZV is there, but there is no fan as such. Let the milking of the dough begin with the fans of the ZV.

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
I don’t understand at all, how did you drag the rainbow here? For this is a very primitive shooter with a 2v2 and 5 people in a team. It was originally a team and e-sports concept, made as a competitor to CSU. Star Wars is a game of a completely different orientation and is tailored for entertainment, but this does not mean that there should not be command elements.
To have time to reach the icon before others is not a choice, but some kind of athletics)
Shl in battle because of one noob, no one loses) And if a noob got on a plane, he will be killed immediately and the one who knows how will sit there. And if there are no such people in the team, it doesn't matter, and without the plane the rounds are won. Turntables and planes are shot down by engineers and anti-aircraft guns, anti-aircraft guns by tanks and engineers, tanks by engineers and tanks, engineers - by infantry and equipment ... and so on. I think you get it. There is no link weak in the mind of one plane or helicopter, and there cannot be, for there is always an alternative to countermeasures. And if the team is, in principle, weaker, it loses in any game.

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
let's stop at that I played beta)

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
Are you sure about the battlefront? There everything rises from the ground

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
Do you think this is a choice? What I saw was the race of several stormtroopers to the icon.

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
and what is the difference between taking a token from the ground or clicking on a vehicle in the menu? why on earth can't the first include choice and the second include?
Because the first thing - you see the first one that comes across (what is the choice here?), You run to it, in more than half of the cases you do not have time, or you die, you go to do poo-poo further. In the second case, you choose the technique you want, click on the icon, and play. But the second in Star Wars with such a balance is excluded - because walkers are unreal imba and everyone wants to bend in them.

m
meagarry 05.12.21

Cheebotta
I'm tired of arguing. you apparently really do not see the difference between what you choose, what you want to play. and meanwhile you are killed before you have time to take the first available to play on what would have happened.

k
kachmandos 05.12.21

More than 9 million people have played beta. And this is for such a short line ..

T
Toxa95 05.12.21

I don't know about you, but I partially liked the game.
Why partially? Because I only liked it on PS4. On the PC there is a more or less serious Battle, but here everything is too simple for a computer, if you replace stormtroopers with zombies, and insurgents with plants, you understand, nothing will change. Except for the atmosphere. The gameplay is the same, give or take.
But at the same time on consoles the game gives much more impressions. And mostly positive. The fact is that in the console Kaldy and other Killzones, the maps are multi-story obscurantism, where you are bypassed from all sides, there is almost no definite goal, and all kinds of devilry are going on.
And the games of the Battlefield series and, now, the Battlefront have a pleasant difference from the above-named piss. In it, you know exactly your goal and the direction of a large concentration of the enemy (in the main modes). And this is great! Feels like a real fight, like in a movie! But on a computer, the casualness is too striking. On consoles, this is quite a good rest from local jokers in closed three-storey zones 5 by 5 with a bunch of partitions. In short, you can only take it because of the good design of the locations.