3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 17.12.21 01:17 am

You might understand (Fallout 4)

1. After watching the trailer, many were disappointed. How so? Juicy, colorful and bright picture. So I got an idea. Suddenly, the developers will show us some events before the disaster, before the wasteland became a wasteland. The trailer showed the house, destroyed and not. Maybe the game will move in time, there, before the catastrophe and back, already after some time after.

2. You also didn't like the animation. Yes, she's a little oak, but she's not bad either. Why do we love Bethesda games? For modifiability. But not only of course. Maybe this is the perfect engine for creating mods. Therefore, it is only improved and "marafetted"? I do not argue, there is also RAGE, the second modifiable engine, of which there is. In fact, only GTA and TES / Fallout are the most modded games. But RAGE is not owned by Bethesda. And it takes a lot of time, resources, etc. to develop a new engine. etc. Therefore, you just need to understand that everything is not so bad. But the game is guaranteed to start at least at the minimum and will be playable for everyone who has Skyrim at high 30+ fps.

That's all I wanted to say
108 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eynart 17.12.21

Showy DiMak
about SSAO and other differences from the previous part: this is what you can say about any game these days. well, they just did that, well, they just did that, the breakthrough is straightforward. you refuse to acknowledge improvements.
I'm not saying that there are no improvements at all, I'm just saying that they are not enough. Agree, all complaints about the graphics of F3-NV and TPPs have always been reduced to clumsy animation, unnatural movements of people relative to the surface (the problem is in the interaction of motion animation and the calculation of the trajectory of motion) and glitchy physics. And in 2015, we are shown a dog that runs so clumsy, people at the crib, who still move like puppets ...
Take a look at The Witcher 3, DA Inquisition, Dying Light, the same AC Unity. The worlds in these games are also far from small, but for some reason they are all very, very different from their predecessors in terms of graphics. At the same time, the study of the worlds is quite at the level. Yes, even in the Inquisition, no matter what they say, a lot of work has been done there.
It's high time for the gazebo to change Gamebryo, this is obvious to everyone since Oblivion, but for some reason they persist in making games with an old rusty hammer with a cracked handle.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

Grimgash
Vomit green / yellow filter from previous parts? Come on.
It's all about contrast. Without comparison, like this, side by side, the difference is not particularly felt. I mean the difference in terms of beauty and naturalness of colors. From the point of view of the atmosphere, the difference is colossal (here many people sing to the Gazebo for their attention to the atmosphere). I put such mods with a clear sky, but in the end I turned them off, because all the time I got the impression that I was not playing Fallout, but some kind of Korean counterfeit for it. With a clear sky, the atmosphere of desolation, devastation and abandonment disappeared somewhere.

S
Showy DiMak 17.12.21

GP-5
Japanese are definitely great guys in terms of horror. this is, one might say, compensation to all players for their peculiar JRPGs and FFs in particular, the essence of which I do not understand. I am very disappointed that the new silent was canceled, by the way. it was one of the games for which I wanted to buy a nextgen console. now, in such a bezrybe, Fall 4 is like a ray of light in the kingdom of annual pop music.
According to F3: my personal experience of acquaintance with the games of absences began with the third Fall. then imbued with confidence in their products. if we compare it with other RPGs that I have played before, then I was replaced by Gothic. and it is very successful. but it is clear that the developers have different approaches.
About nomads: it is not noticeable that they particularly complained. everyone seems to be happy with the witcher and few people care about downgrade. everyone is interested in comparing the finished product with the first trailer of the unreleased game. logic, in a word.

S
Showy DiMak 17.12.21

alixey59
partially agree about animation. but I don't care about that, because the game is not about beautiful and smooth animation like in the AU. and giving up on the game just because of this is a very stupid idea.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

Showy DiMak
but I don't care about that, because the game is not about beautiful and smooth animation like in AC.
And for me, animation in 3D games, and even in the first person view, is very important. No matter how convincing and detailed the world of the game is, you still can't fool your eyes, at the sight of branded gazebo unnaturally moving models, they still sound the alarm, declaring: "no, guy, something is not right, it's just a game, and on a rather weak engine. "
In the case of F3, this is even more noticeable, since not only is there a huge number of censorship frameworks and restrictions that contradict the spirit of the game and its age rating, the ability to influence the world by "elections" is also quite modest, but also visually everything looks very tense and sham ... or fake. .. or fake (from the word "props", I don't know how to write it correctly))))
Don't think, I walked both F3 and NV twice, explored the metro and villages, and generally had a great time. These are some of my favorite games. That is why I want Fallout to be better and better. But after watching the trailer, I no longer expect anything new, I think it will be just a very good game with a detailed recreation of the world and competent addicting gameplay. But on the old engine ... ((

v
very ZLOY 17.12.21

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about ... So far, in my opinion, apart from good things, I don’t know anything about the game. What's good - you ask, but the fact that it will be published in the end - I will answer ... And for the zazhrannykh, I apologize, tyrants, maize in each eye who does not force you to play games that are below your "dignity". Kindergarten Sanchez-word.

S
Showy DiMak 17.12.21

alixey59
In the case of F3, this is even more noticeable, since not only is there a huge number of censorship frameworks and restrictions that contradict the spirit of the game and its age rating,
from now on in more detail, please. F3 is one of the most brutal games I've played. dismemberment, amputation of limbs by any methods, destruction of entire cities by a nuclear explosion, only children cannot be killed. in general I do not understand the claims.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

Showy DiMak
F3 is one of the most brutal games I've played.
Well, for example ... There are drugs in the game. And, accordingly, the drug trade. But for some reason, during the whole game, I talked to only one drug addict (in the house near the school and Megatonna), who told me that "in the Fallout world there are drugs, this is a fucking adult game, a puppy." And that is all. Then there were only drugs like ordinary potions. Nobody begged them from me, not one of the inhabitants of the wasteland did anything funny or disgusting under their influence, in general, they did not seem to exist. They just told me that, they say, the raiders are psychos and drug addicts, very bad people, ay-ay-ay.
And that drug addict was also a prostitute. And there were prostitutes in Megaton. Vegas has a sea of ​​them. But not a single bare chest. Not a single erotic scene. Nothing at all, except for a couple of phrases on the topic. I'm not saying that it was necessary to do something like sex mods, just once in this universe is there, somehow terribly ridiculous looking prostitutes who simply rent rooms for the night and stick with nipple tape ..
The slave trade also like was. But also only on paper.
All the time I got the impression that the developers were making a game for adults, but in such a way as not to show anything bad. The only "adult" content that has been implemented is dismemberment and mate (in the English version). Against the background of the FarCry series (even in the first part, the mercenaries swear not badly even in the Russian version), against the background of The Witchers, GTA ... but what, even against the background of Bloodrayne, the third Fallout looks like a sterile clean, politically correct, safe product with a claim to "adulthood" ...
And yes, absolutely not killed children are also very strange.

v
very ZLOY 17.12.21

Showy DiMak
"Blow my eyes, no difference" !!!

S
Showy DiMak 17.12.21

alixey59
if children are allowed to be killed, the rating commission will not let them through. if there are cases where it is possible to kill children - share, kindly, information about such a game. I will play with pleasure, but so far I have not seen anything like this in any game.
about blood, guts and naked boobs: this is the policy of the company. if someday the leadership of the bezdezda considers it necessary to introduce explicit scenes into their games, then we will get them. political correctness can be traced in many things. it's amazing to see fucking blacks in skyrim, clearly based on Scandinavian mythology. Plus, it's funny to watch how the developers are ready to sacrifice the solid status of the GG and make a dragon slayer or just a post-apocalyptic Rambo the most ordinary gay. (in Skyrim it was possible to marry people of the same gender as the GG).
but nevertheless, these facts do not jar me too much. yes, this is far-fetched, it may even be funny and ridiculous, but the game is not about that, again. everything is just enough to keep this in mind, but not go deep. one can say, purely formal adherence to one line both in the plot and in the universe. this also includes drugs in F3 and everything related to them.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

Showy DiMak
if there are cases where it is possible to kill children - please share information about such a game. I will love to play
Fallout and Fallout 2. Incredible, but true. )))

S
Showy DiMak 17.12.21

alixey59
first, then the requirements were different. All this hype around cruelty and violence in video games began after the release of GTA 3. The realism of murders moved to another level and everyone howled about the ban on such games. secondly, if you compare the game in isometric view, where one sprite kills another slightly smaller sprite representing a child, then this is a completely different matter. if a developer tried to implement something similar with all available technologies in our time and the game would not be allowed for sale. be realistic. a good example is Manhunt 2. so there it didn't even reach children, and the game was already banned in a number of countries until the developers made changes.
If you think about it, you and others like you are constantly unhappy with something. there is an interesting, addictive plot. there are bookish and pleasant texts, there are unusual and vivid characters (and there are a lot of them: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_characters; http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_characters) - this is true colossal work. want boobs? GTA 4/5, you are welcome. drugs and addicts? same way. want to see only the bad? please, only you will play in the same way as everyone else, I have no doubt about it.

z
zhekazloy 17.12.21

The people are a video on the game, it has more in common, strangely enough, with a movie.
already tired of repeating how you can judge by it.
Well, the chromaticity is the creation of specially contrasts))
Shl - it's strange that the gazebo did not shoot a cinematic video - and they CAN DO it))
Mirada Studios has already lit up)

m
mark25 17.12.21

alixey59
There are drugs in the game. And, accordingly, the drug trade. But for some reason, during the whole game, I talked to only one drug addict (in the house near the school and Megatonna), who told me that "in the Fallout world there are drugs, this is a fucking adult game, a puppy." And that is all.

In rivet city, Paulie or something.
In a megaton in a brass lantern - Leo the
Runaway, who lives in a house next to the megaton.
Doc Hof is a migrant drug dealer like Lucky Harit
There are often chance encounters when you meet a lone drug dealer and the pipboy shows not a wasteland, but a drug dealer, and you can trade with him.
This is so, the first junkies that came to mind. In fact, there are more of them. So, in F3, the topic of drugs is normally covered.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

Showy DiMak
try the developer to implement something similar with all available technologies nowadays and the game would not be allowed for sale.
As a result, the developer decided to stupidly register the variable Killable = false for all children's characters. This is the trouble with the Gazebo. With a careful approach to working out the world and atmosphere, they themselves pound crutches everywhere, rude and absurd. Why it was impossible to make sure that our weapons were taken away at the entrance to that children's town, for example, there would be a turret at the entrance and the door was locked from the inside. Until you press the "Surrender weapon" button, they won't let you in. But no, it's much easier to make a crutch and not bother working out this detail.

.mark25
I wrote about Leo Runaway. Yes, now I remember that there were other drug addicts. But all the same, five lines about drugs in conversations with five drug addicts are not enough for me. IMHO, of course.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

zhekazloy
this is a video for the game, it has more in common, oddly enough, with a movie.
This CGI video has more in common with a movie than with a game, and what we were shown is a movie on the game engine, so a rough preliminary idea of ​​the graphics and animation can be made from it.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

Showy DiMak,
if you think about it, you and others like you are constantly unhappy with something. there is an interesting, addictive plot. there are bookish and pleasant texts, there are unusual and vivid characters - this is truly a colossal work.
No, I'm not like that at all. These words are very similar to my opinion about DA Inquisition, many throw mud at this game, but I liked it, I do not even feel sorry for the one and a half rubles that I gave for it. I really like both F3 and NV, it's just that here I said only what I didn’t like, it doesn’t mean that I didn’t like the whole game.

z
zhekazloy 17.12.21

alixey59
Regarding cinema, not cinema, everything is not so unambiguous - there is work on redoring, editing, editing, work with camera speaker light filters, and so on)) but I think you will definitely agree that it is too early to judge.
I already mentioned ... according to rumors, there will already be a highly artistic video at E3 (I feel what kind of intensity there will be in the discussion))
I have no doubt about the success of Fallout 4, and I honestly
know what kind of graphics there will be before the lamp (it will be normal) Zy, I also don't understand the impact on the Inquisition, a good game, the main criticism boils down to the fact that this is not enough MMO plus Gaia ...

on the theme of the wasteland, it is unlikely that anyone will be interested in, well, suddenly .. Fallen Earth

S
Showy DiMak 17.12.21

alixey59
Well, if you approach the solution of the issue of killing human larvae through the intricacies of game design and the study of locations, then once at a time it is not necessary. in that particular locality "city of children" something else can be thought of, but with a big stretch, because, as far as I remember, according to the plot, these same children give us a quest to clean up the shelter, which is located inside the city (the question of weapons is not so simple decide). open-world play is where the difficulty lies. this is many times more complicated than a scripted world with limited locations. this is the difference between dragon age and skyrim or fall 3. to be honest, I have never played the Witcher or YES, but I know a thing or two about these games. for example, the fact that DA in fact does not have the same free latitudes as seamless worlds from Besezda. Those. the game is more focused on history than exploring the open world, which in fact is not there. this is a plus of the gazebo games, undoubtedly. in addition to working out the plot, there is a world completely open for exploration, from the very beginning. As a result, the bloodthirsty inclinations of the player cannot be limited by mere gadgets and gimmicks of game design. therefore, the path of less resistance was chosen - killable = false.

E
Eynart 17.12.21

zhekazloy
I have no doubts about the success of Fallout 4 - and to me honestly before the lamp what kind of graphics there will be (it will be normal)
Of course, normal. But I would like it to be not just normal, but good and modern. ))

Showy DiMak to be
honest, I have never played the witcher or YES
But in vain. These games take a slightly different perspective on RPGs. I will not argue about the elaboration of the plot in the games of the Pavilion, I will simply say that for me personally, the Witcher and DA give a more noticeable feeling of personal participation in the events. They use other ways of organizing and decorating quests, everything seems more real and tangible there. All IMHO, I do not want to breed holivar on this topic, I just advise you to familiarize yourself with these games personally. The Witcher 3, by the way, at times gives the same feeling of an open world, similar to the games of the Gazebo.