3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 09.01.22 10:41 pm

Game balance (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In my opinion, the balance in the game is rather strangely distributed.

There are no complaints about combat, perhaps it is better than what was in the first two parts, so to speak, the evolution of what was in the second, with some improvements, for example, added a pirouette, wear of weapons and armor, which also delivers.
The battles became more difficult and interesting (the complexity of pain and suffering), I really did not go through a lot, but I hope the bosses will be interesting, like the keiran from the second part, that not only to call, but it was necessary to use signs and devices.

But with the level of monsters, they somehow managed to do it, for example, I just switched to the second location, I had level 5, now I have already advanced a little and I have level 11, but at this location monsters or quests of level 33 come across, this is too much in my opinion, because you need something like that all the same, calculate at what level the player will go through this location. Of course, you can return to this location when there is an acceptable level, but in my opinion it was more correct to do the further you move and open new locations so the level of quests and monsters should be higher, and not such a bias ...

Alchemy, by the way, also surprised, now to replenish stocks it is enough to just meditate and having alcohol, bombs, elixirs, oils are replenished in a miraculous way, i.e. in fact, we no longer need to collect herbs if we have already studied the recipe.
83 Comments
Sort by:
P
Purgesha 09.01.22

xs, went to pain and suffering, decided to re-pass to death! Well, at level 5 in Velen, it takes more time for 11 lvl enemies, they poke around longer, but that's all the relish for me. So to speak, there is no room for error, well, even on the middle armor, I have 30 pdefs on my jacket. The game should be challenging, I think.
PS but I don’t know how to be with the skellige, during the first playthrough I cleaned Velen and Novigrad completely. I snuggled on a skellig, and there are mobs 5 levels below me (approximately). And as if the whole challenge was gone. Therefore, I don’t even know how to play so that there is no such gap in the level)

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

saa0891
There are not so many locations, so that each one has opponents of the same / close levels, and if you do this, then as Geralt's level increases, it will be less and less interesting to return to the old places

. you don't know what is useful and what is not and where to look for the necessary parts

L
LEFT FOR DTF 09.01.22

I am more annoyed by imbibes, like echidna decoction + vortex = immortality.

z
zdanu4 09.01.22

about alchemy. But doesn't she replenish the elixirs that have run out if all the components are present, or is only alcohol enough?
about the level of monsters. the campaign is specially made to prolong the playing time. they say, perfectionists suffer)))

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

lookaway You
don't have to use them. By the way, what kind of broth?

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

zdanu4
Geralt probably dilutes existing potions with booze)) (Only he is needed)

L
LEFT FOR DTF 09.01.22

UnItalianoVero is
optional, but I drink echidna almost always. and I also use the vortex often. it was not for nothing that I made / bought them.
Echidna decoction restores HP when using energy.

s
saa0891 09.01.22

Purgesha

well, at level 5 in Velen, it takes more time for 11 lvl enemies, poking around longer, but that's all the relish for me. So to speak, there is no room for error, well, even on the middle armor, I have 30 pdefs on my jacket. The game should be challenging, I think.

Also, the weapon becomes unusable quite quickly, and if the level of the monster is very high, then you simply do not inflict damage on it.

I was worn out to endure two wyverns and a royal wyvern, killed all the swords and repair kits, I had 11 ur and they don't remember exactly 18 or 19 in my opinion.

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

lookaway
Ahahahahah, well, you are a masochist (just kidding, no offense): annoying and always use))
I also created oils and, although I don't need them, I use them so that the good does not disappear))

s
saa0891 09.01.22

UnItalianoVero

There are not so many locations, so that each one has opponents of the same / close levels, and if you do this, then as Geralt's level increases, it will be less and less interesting to return to the old places. The

skew is just too strong.

It is too costly to replenish stocks with initial ingredients each time. You don’t know what is useful and what is not and where to look for the necessary parts.

So this is the essence of alchemy, you have to collect the components to prepare the elixir, as it was in the first two parts, but here it turns out too simple.

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

saa0891
Those who live next to the cave by the cliff? I found a bug: if you stand on a stone above the exit from the cave and look towards the cliff, then if the wyvern approaches to the left, it will get stuck. I was 15 levels lower than Igni, I drenched them for 20 minutes))

s
saa0891 09.01.22

UnItalianoVero

Those who live next to the cliff cave?

Yes, they, I tried to throw them into the water, knock them out of a crossbow (it happened to me in some kind of tower, she fell into the water and drowned, though it might not have been a wyvern), but it didn’t work out, I had to endure the first two I quickly took it out, but I fiddled with the royal for a very long time.

L
LEFT FOR DTF 09.01.22

UnItalianoVero
is not. such a trick. I used the echidna decoction before taking the vortex because I often cast Kven.
then he took a whirlwind, because against the surrounding enemies, well, just candy.
and only then did I notice this bug with the restoration of all hp.
but both are useful things :(

saa0891
well, here they made major versions of elixirs, which sometimes require rare ingredients. I agree that it is casual with one alcoholic, but every time to collect a full set of herbs, it would be epic hardcore.

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

saa0891
Many topics on the forum asking where to find something (even for "one" creation). If everything is for real, you can go crazy. There will be trainers on alchemy or no one will use it

U
UnItalianoVero 09.01.22

saa0891
And I moved down from the third to the middle of the cliff, managed to stop, but it was inconvenient for her to turn around, and I - with a sword

D
DarKSiR_666 09.01.22

saa0891
As for me, all the rules with a balance, it's even cool, you walk around the location you endure everyone, relaxed the rolls and here on you, mobs are 10-15 levs older ... And you are so ...

s
stranger216 09.01.22

And you can kill any mob 15 levels higher than you from a horse.

s
saa0891 09.01.22

DarKSiR_666

Yes, in general, I do not mind.

A
Agaress 09.01.22

saa0891
You, now, painted "autolevel", which is in Dragon Age, and similar games, with the balance of the game everything is fine, developed at an early stage of development talked about it.
Dragon Age, of course, is good, but, with this adjustment of the levels to the Persian, it pissed off, but in The Witcher there is no such thing, and this is very good.

PS For the first time I see that someone would not like the absence of autolevel.

P
Purgesha 09.01.22

saa0891
I ran into an algul like that, puts out spikes + all the damage that he immediately receives from me. so yes, not everyone can be fought at level 5)